Might & Magic X - Legacy

OK, another game that totally slipped under my radar, until I saw it pop up as a Steam Early Access title.

Basically it appears to be a continuation of the old Might & Magic RPGs. First person, grid based, 4 player party, turn based combat, 4 races, 12 character classes? YES! Old school CRPG with modern graphics, just what I've been wanting.

http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/mightandmagicx-legacy/en-GB/home/index.aspx

Considering I still remember playing the first one, I'm hugely tempted to jump into the Early Access, even if that means playing an Alpha or Beta build. I remember mapping out the entirety of the first game on graphing paper. The map took up the entire floor of a spare bedroom. The world was huge.

But, there's something to be said about waiting for a [hopefully] bug free retail release version. I'm so torn. I want it but I also want to experience it for the first time as a polished final product. Argh...

Still, old school CRPG, OMG YES.

Regards,
SB

OMG yes! This looks fantastic. Instant purchase for me as it's turn based grid CRPG with multiple characters instead of some of the modern "classic" ones recently which have been realtime grid. Despite Ubisoft, which I do have uPlay for Assassins Creed so I'm still willing to go there.

I really hope it has all the puzzles, riddles and information gathering of the originals. I think I'm torn about waiting for release as well though.

Yeah, everytime I go to Steam I'm hugely tempted to buy it. But it's definitely an unfinished product still (missing 3 Acts + polish + inevitable bug fixes) so I've managed to hold off so far. I suppose I could buy it to support them and not play it until it's closer to release, but I don't think I'd be able to resist. :)

Regards,
SB

Back