Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag (PS3, X360, PS4, XBOne)

They simply shouldn't have abandoned the "parcours button" the series had prior to ACIII. Seriously, having to press two buttons at once to accomplish what can only be described as death-defying feats shouldn't be a particularly demanding task for any player.

I told myself I wasn't going to buy the last 2 AC games, yet I ended up getting them both. At launch, no less. Last because the hands on videos looked quite good and the ship aspects intrigued me, and this time as a launch PS4 game with Watch Dogs delayed. Particuarlly after the last one I figured they have no where to take the story, so "I'm done with the series", I told myself. *sighs* I'm really not going to get the next game, though!

I like this pic, thought I'd share it. Apologies for the low quality, its all I have to work with at the moment.
BaCjgh5CYAEyC_d.jpg:orig

EDIT

Not sure if that image link is working or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I told myself I wasn't going to buy the last 2 AC games, yet I ended up getting them both. At launch, no less. Last because the hands on videos looked quite good and the ship aspects intrigued me, and this time as a launch PS4 game with Watch Dogs delayed. Particuarlly after the last one I figured they have no where to take the story, so "I'm done with the series", I told myself. *sighs* I'm really not going to get the next game, though!

I like this pic, thought I'd share it. Apologies for the low quality, its all I have to work with at the moment.
BaCjgh5CYAEyC_d.jpg:orig

EDIT

Not sure if that image link is working or not.

It was, at least on my phone, but now on PC I have to click on 'this link'.

You could share through twitter, then append :eek:rig, apparently pretty ok quality ...

The free running feels really forced and your character just gets stuck on things that contextually he really shouldn't. I think I've been spoilt by Infamous and Uncharted though as they make it all so graceful and easy.
This is also my feeling although I'm actually really enjoying the game and the only times the free-running issues spoil my fun are during the chase missions and there are only a few of those. I'm on memory block 10 or 11.

My wife just finished it (I'm still plodding through 3) and apparently the ending is pretty crap. I can't detail why because I didn't want to ask but the impression I got was that there's no build up and the main story is pretty short (albeit you can pad the game out with a lot of side missions).

This is also my feeling although I'm actually really enjoying the game and the only times the free-running issues spoil my fun are during the chase missions and there are only a few of those. I'm on memory block 10 or 11.

I had Problems in the beginning with the running, its my 1st AC game. Changing direction with the right analog stick instead of the left one helped a lot.

^I do that with pretty much every third person game. Manipulating the camera instead of the character simply gives you a degree of control the left stick alone rarely matches.

PSN offer for the next 48 hours, game for 29,99 euro and PS Plus gets an additional 10% discount.

OK. Got a fleet, doing some trading, and completing assassinations. Just about to see how long I last against a couple of legendary ships (~10 seconds I reckon). But I'm going to try and lure them to a friendly fortress and see if I can't get the upper hand.

I've been speeding up and repairing friends ships. But I don't know who they are! So you're welcome!

Am starting to enjoy it more now as long as I don't try the story missions. They're mainly very frustrating. Especially
the Jack Kidd and the assassins sneaky island jobby
which I just keep failing on.

I logged in last night and had $130k after visiting my fleet. I spent as much as I could, but my ship is maxed and my island is complete. I managed to take down one legendary ship and finish the story. I think I will finish up the Templar assassinations to unlock the suit and try all the legendary ships. This is the first AC game I have finished despite starting four. They need to ditch the back story of memories and jumping to the future, just make a pure historical game, you don't need an excuse to go back in time and tell a story.

I logged in last night and had $130k after visiting my fleet. I spent as much as I could, but my ship is maxed and my island is complete. I managed to take down one legendary ship and finish the story. I think I will finish up the Templar assassinations to unlock the suit and try all the legendary ships. This is the first AC game I have finished despite starting four. They need to ditch the back story of memories and jumping to the future, just make a pure historical game, you don't need an excuse to go back in time and tell a story.

That's what I am thinking, the game is fun apart from the missions. They suck. If they lost those and made an open world game where the objective was to build your fleet and do all the mini missions etc then it would be perfect!

PSN offer for the next 48 hours, game for 29,99 euro and PS Plus gets an additional 10% discount.

It wasn't on the ps4 store, but for those that want the dd edition cheap for the ps4, buy it on ps3, then buy the ps4 upgrade on the ps4, it should work, and around here that would be half price.

Hi I just played this game and the graphics quality and animation is crazy.

It's much better than newer game like lightning returns final fantasy xiii.

Ac4 also can keep its frame rate fairly well.

I'm confused.. So this game start before assassination Creed 3?
In 3,the world is destroyed. But in 4 the world is fine :-/

*xbox 360

No, it starts after Assassin's Creed 3.

Kenway 4 is the grandfather of Conner in 3.

All events actually follow chronological order too, both inside the Animus and in the modern era.

Back