Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag (PS3, X360, PS4, XBOne)

Having never finished Assassin's Creed or AC2 (which I loved but which I just tired of) I was going to skip this but I spent an hour playing this on the 360 and love it. While I might not finish this one either, I reckon it's got more than enough gameplay and fun for me buy.

Downloading now on PS4.

This is one beautiful game and lots of fun so far. It got that farcry 3 vibe in some places.

If this is the last best games season of last gen then I really can't imagine what they going to do with this series on next gen, this and to a stronger intent gta5 is really something special to achieve on old hardware...

With that being said, Wtf is up with all that shit you have login to and you have to activate to use everything the game offers. I had 2 codes I had to activate, plus the extra DLC stuff. And i had to login on uplay to get the upoints bonuses as well.
The milking is going to far..

It's not milking, it's bonusses! And they are doing you a favor technically because those codes are resellable basically. You could play the disc version without redeeming the code and then sell/gift it on to someone who is interested in the multiplayer.

But for me, I wouldn't have minded to have everything automatically activated either, but hey.

It's not milking, it's bonusses! And they are doing you a favor technically because those codes are resellable basically. You could play the disc version without redeeming the code and then sell/gift it on to someone who is interested in the multiplayer.

But for me, I wouldn't have minded to have everything automatically activated either, but hey.

Get the PSN version like me, everything is automatically activated. no codes, nothing.

I had to activate the pass in order to get the companion app running, and I need a uplay account for that as well.

The DLC, I understand we as gamers now accept that we have to pay for day 0 DLC, I still find it stupid. Especially when it's preorder bonus, I didn't pay more I just bought it on release day.

Get the PSN version like me, everything is automatically activated. no codes, nothing.

I wonder if burnout on psn activates all DLC extras, supposedly ea shutdown a activation server, when I bought it on sale on steam I didn't get all the cars in game, afaik I did that on the ps4..the joys of dd games and DLC..

I have the PSN version (PS4). Everything downloaded automatically, including the PSN bonusses like the Aveline stuff. But I had to choose to activate some of it.

There were obviously some issues initially though when part of PSN servers was down, it can't connect to Uplay, just like Rivals couldn't connect to EA's servers. There's a lot of dependencies building up here that are going to make issues with these things in the future when services are going down, imho. So for me it always stays important to check what a game is like when servers are down, if you can still even play it. :D Rivals and AC4 thankfully hold up in that regard, it seems.

Starting to get into the game a bit ... I really don't like stealth missions, especially at first when I didn't really know how things worked - but I am starting to get the hang of it, and I do like using stealth in combat. Once you get the hang of combat here, you can start to feel pretty bad-ass. Combat is starting to actually be surprisingly good now.

Do these images show up, by the way?

1415517_713869568623129_448219408_o.jpg

1404619_713845761958843_1272017518_o.jpg

Yup, images are showing up .
I didn't have to activate anyhting on my psn version, i got all the bonuses and Aveline stuff automatically.

And, yes, the game is very enjoyable :)

Facebook compression is about half of what the originals on the PS4 hdd are I think, by the way (these are typically just over 600KB here).

Very entertaining game indeed. Considering the ridculously short turnaround times, it's impressive how consistently great these games manage to look each and every year. The character models are simply magnificent and hold up amazingly well in cut-scenes. Sure, the shiny skin and the "bleached" teeth look rather last-gen compared to the characters in a game like Killzone Shadowfall, but when the illusion in that game falls apart whenever someone opens his or her mouth it doesn't really matter. More than ever before, combat does feel like the fifth wheel on a wagon, though. It's particularly bad during hostile ship takeovers. Unresponsive clusterfuck describes it fairly well. Steath is handled as poorly as ever. Good thing then that you spend most of your time at sea.

Very entertaining game indeed. Considering the ridculously short turnaround times, it's impressive how consistently great these games manage to look each and every year. The character models are simply magnificent and hold up amazingly well in cut-scenes. Sure, the shiny skin and the "bleached" teeth look rather last-gen compared to the characters in a game like Killzone Shadowfall, but when the illusion in that game falls apart whenever someone opens his or her mouth it doesn't really matter. More than ever before, combat does feel like the fifth wheel on a wagon, though. It's particularly bad during hostile ship takeovers. Unresponsive clusterfuck describes it fairly well. Steath is handled as poorly as ever. Good thing then that you spend most of your time at sea.

They don't just look last-gen - if you compare the cut-scenes, old and new gen look identical. But the enhancements like the much better sea and the animations of the plants when you hide in them as such together with the great IQ do make the game feel sufficiently next-gen, which is surprising for a cross-gen title.

Facebook compression is about half of what the originals on the PS4 hdd are I think, by the way (these are typically just over 600KB here).

Ppl at gaf found a way to get rid of the second level of compression from twitter. They add ":eek:rig: at the end of the link twitter provides to get the actual ps4 grab. Maybe u can try that out.

I don't know if there's an in game mission/tutorial for the fleet management that I pre-empted but I found the initial fleet management screen very un-intuitive but, having had a play,I'm liking it.

I'm liking it more because the second screen functionaltuy (separate iOS/Android downloads) let you manage the fleet and make money while you're away from your main console :)

I really like the game so far , ist my first AC game since the original which I never liked. Mostly just because I like the setting, and the 1080p res does wonders on this type of game

1399408_1375771306008593_1397963269_o.jpg

Also nice feature that you can upgrade your Harbour with shops , a tavern and other stuff.

Lovely game indeed. There are actually elements about this that remind me of Elite :)

1404601_715082531835166_1974855488_o.jpg

Ive never played the game series, but why are so many pictures like the above, with a dude perched somewhere, are they like way points?

They're viewpoints. There are dozens of them in each game that you have to climb to the top of and then "synchronise" which basically fills in a new section of your map and highlights all the side missions in that section. They're usually the highest points in the area so are fun to climb and offer a great view at the top, plus you get to do an awesome dive from the top into a cart full of hay (or something similar) at ground level.

However I'm not sure if the pics above are actual viewpoints or just general high up outcroppings since your character will crouch down like that when you stop on any narrow outcropping (which also have something at the bottom to dive into - probably water in this case.

Mine was indeed a viewpoint.

Synchronising a viewpoint also enables it for fast travel.

I just heard if you collect the music notes, it adds song for the crew to sing? I had no idea what those were. Cool.

Back