PS4 Day One Games

A couple of references to the use of the term "day one" regards PS3.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/bits/2006/11/10/PS3_to_get_firmware_update_on_day_one/1
http://www.siliconera.com/2006/10/03/playstation-3-launch-games-in-japan/

You can also find comments from the Common Man referring to 'day one' activities. It's not a new phrase. MS have just focussed on it instead of 'launch' because their box is called the One, but people using the language as they have done for years clearly isn't being influenced as a result.

I forget the the XB is the 'one'. In my head it's now stuck as the Xbone or the 180 not XBox One!

Well, there is an actual "day one edition" Xbone SKU. Even with branding (for one I believe the controller says day one edition on the front) and you get an achievement too I think?

There's no PS4 Day One SKU. Amazon sells (sold) a "launch day" PS4 but it's no different than any other PS4, it's just amazon's artificial way of denominating on the order page a unit you are supposedly guaranteed to get on launch.

It's trivial marketing crap but the kind of stuff people eat up. I imagine nin/sony will copy the idea next time. But I would have liked it better had they included something of value for free with it, like a year of Gold. No dice of course.

/OT

We don't actually know the contents of the box yet do we? Supposedly they Party Room demo is included on the HD but there may be more in there...
A couple of game demos, and maybe and interactive Dark Sorcerer would be really amazing to have available when you switch it on.

Of course Sony would have probably shouted it from the roof tops if such a thing existed, but we still have gamescon and Sony are promising quite a few eye opening reveals, so it's still a possibility.

I'm getting a PS4 on day one. Killzone Shadow Fall is the game I'm looking forward to the most. I'm probably getting Knack as well, and that version of Drive Club that comes with PS+.

I'm surprised that The Order is considered a launch window game. Last time they weren't even talking about gameplay yet.

"Day one" has been used for years for everything game related, way to pollute the thread guys. We understand your enthusiasm for everything XB1, but there are plenty of other threads for that.

Back on topic; I would never trust IGN for anything, news or releasedates.

Nice list, see 2 F2P games and having PS+ anyway means I get 3 games day one without any other purchases :)

Just need to consider what else from:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4 (probably get on PC)
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Watch Dogs

Nice list, see 2 F2P games and having PS+ anyway means I get 3 games day one without any other purchases :)

Just need to consider what else from:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4 (probably get on PC)
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Watch Dogs

I'd forgotten about PS+. Though with my bb speed they will more like launch week games than launch day! :oops:

I am most curious about Planetside 2 and EverQuest (if PS4 version is available). Want to find out if SOE is any good since I have never played their games.

On day 1, will probably pick 2-3 out of the launch games to boot. Will decide on the spot.

Day one on these:
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Skylanders: Swap Force
Killzone Shadow Fall

I'll get DriveClub via Plus to see if I like it. Will DC Universe Online be out this year? I'd love to get back into it with my existing PS3 chars with better graphics.Either way, I'll DL all F2P games, no reason not to try them.
If I got a launch date PS4 -I am actually planning on purchasing it 2 or 3 years from now- I would be getting those games plus Knack and DriveClub.

I would probably think twice about getting KZ:SF, and I'd get it 'cos there are developers of the game here in the forum, so it's a bonus, but what I saw so far from the game was nor here nor there...

The launch line-up is strong overall but Sony's release date exclusives are more in the weak side for me though.

No compelling launch titles for me yet. It will probably take a new Uncharted or God of War for me to pick up the PS4 for now.

MGS4 last gen is what had me pull the trigger, although ironically I never finished it.

No compelling launch titles for me yet. It will probably take a new Uncharted or God of War for me to pick up the PS4 for now.

MGS4 last gen is what had me pull the trigger, although ironically I never finished it.

Gamescomm can't come soon enough :D ! We need to see what GG, SM and ND are cooking X-) ! I hope Sony doesn't leave us high and dry and make no mention of those games :???:

D3 for PS4 haven't got a release date AFAIK. Considering it's released in September for consoles, seems odd it's not available for PS4 (and XB1?) sooner than it is. I guess it's on the back-burner at the moment.

Blizzard interviewed by DiabloFans said:

"Diablo 3 will not be a launch date title for the PS4. It will come in 2014. The developers prefer to try and get the most out of the different features that platforms have, instead of just porting the game to each of them"

Source.

Oh well, I really don't have any day one game for PS4 :( No BC too this time :(

Is Sony 4k movies service going to launch with PS4 ?

I pre-ordered with KZ:SF, BF4, Knack and Watch Dogs. I'd completely overlooked LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, which I'll add to my order. Really looking forward to that :) I guess I'll grab the PS+ version of Drive Club too tho it's not a game I'm particularly excited by - I'd much rather had a nextgen Motorstorm.

Blacklight running on the ps4. Its a fun game on PC, hopefully should translate similarly on the ps4. Lotsof new info on the game in there.

My pre-order pack now consists of:

PS4 + extra DS4 + PSEye

Killzone: Shadowfall
Driveclub
Knack
Watchdogs
inFamous: Second Son

and a 1TB hybrid SSHD.

Lovely!

Back