Mechwarrior Online (MWO) Free to Play "done right"

I was bored, so I'm leveling a Boar's Head at the moment. I could use some competent teammates, because an Atlas is one of the most unforgiving mechs in the game.

Laptop: Lenovo Y580 with a i7 (3630QM 4 Core @ 2.4GHz) and GTX 660M. Plays more than fine.
Nice friggin laptop. I'm jealous :oops:
WiFi in my new neighborhood stinks on weekends :(

Any tips?

Try a 5GHz access point. The 5GHz band is still pretty vacant in most places.

I had a client with poor WiFi due to their location in a strip mall with 7 other networks around them. Changing them to a 5GHz access point fixed all the problems (had to buy some 5GHz WiFi USB sticks for the older laptops).

Barring that, you could scan the area with inSSIDer and see if there are any vacant channels in the 2.4GHz band. If so, force your access point to use that channel.
Holy smack inSSIDer even has an Android[strike]/IOS[/strike] app now. Awesomeness.
Nope just Android, no IOS. Dang.

Last edited by a moderator:
i usually use WiFi Analyzer on android.

btw that laptop are sweet. It should pump lots of FPS. My laptop only about 30fps haha.

FYI: The laptop was a Lenovo factory refurb off the Lenovo site for $700. Same model with the nearly identical GPU (650m) have gone for under $600. Comes with standard warranty and no issue. Mine was a little more as it has the nice 1080p screen, BDR writer, etc. I also recently saw a Toshiba i7 with the 770M for under $900 (about 2x the GPU power). Slick Deals is a good place to watch. My laptop was dieing for months so I just watched for a couple months and got a deal that interested me. With our new house I kind of wish I went with a desktop + tablet as I have a little more room (but not much). No complaints though.

Back