Dragon Age III: Inquisition. Standard official discussion thread [XO,PS4,PS3,X360]

I think it's the way the character moves/runs + sword fighting + dodge roll. That was just the first thing I thought of at the start of the vid. The environment at the start yeah.

That's a good thing. There are plenty of dark and depressing theme games out there already. Can't remember the last time someone's world isn't fuckin dying or is war torn.

Your post struck a chord with me. Especially on the eve of the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination games about sniping, world war and invasion just turn me off. Maybe that's why I'm drawn more to medieval fantasy games.

I'm all for colorful, fanciful, dazzling worlds like life of pi with new mechanics.

To me, Dragon Age has always looked like a second tier effort compared to Mass Effect - the first game actually looked hideous at times, and even the second wasn't that good.
I also never really liked the look of the Elder Scrolls games, far too many mass produced low quality assets, bad lighting, lame color palette.

This one however is more than promising. I may need to get a nextgen console sooner than expected. Now, where can I buy some free time? :)

I also never really liked the look of the Elder Scrolls games, far too many mass produced low quality assets, bad lighting, lame color palette.

The only reason for Skyrim not looking next-gen awesome is because you didn't mod it enough or modded it wrong.

Or worse: you performed the criminal heresy of playing it in a console. Blasphemy!

About Morrigan... it's a BioWare game so... a sex change doesn't seem all that surprising.

I think... character designs have gone downhill from 1->2->3, while world art seems to have gone way, way, up. The world as presented in 1 had a little character, but mostly generic. The character designs in 1 were fairly generic -- in 2 & 3 they seem to have been hellbent on breaking some tropes and flexing their artistic muscles -- but in the end they have made sort of a menagerie of implausible extremes. It has become, as some have said, extremely cartoonish. I think cartoonish can work for me, but I think I am likely going to continue to miss the original, creepy direction of DA.

Dragon Age 1 ingame characters were an atrocity. I'm sorry, I really dig Bioware, but DA was clearly a B-team, except maybe the concept artists (who worked on both ME and DA games).

Haven't seen too much of DA3 yet but I think the quality is steadily improving.

Dragon Age 1 ingame characters were an atrocity. I'm sorry, I really dig Bioware, but DA was clearly a B-team, except maybe the concept artists (who worked on both ME and DA games).

Agreed. The artwork in Dragon Age wasn't very good at all.

I'm loving the colourful look. Hope it stays and isn't just an artefact of the video.

I also like how three dimensional stuff looks. Like that feeling you got playing Doom 3 back in the day and looking at objects in a well lit area. Next gen lighting.

I'm loving the colourful look. Hope it stays and isn't just an artefact of the video.

I also like how three dimensional stuff looks. Like that feeling you got playing Doom 3 back in the day and looking at objects in a well lit area. Next gen lighting.

Damn, you just made me launch Steam again, time for some Doom3+Sikkmod goodness !:p

Laa Yosh said:

Just to clarify, I'm not really talking about the quality of the assets so much as the core design concepts. No question DA Origins looked dated at launch, almost Oblivionesque in its facial atrocities and six-inch-thick armor plates. I'm just saying they went for a more "realistic" (fantasy) style, whereas at this point they seem to be edging into DmC territory.

I never finished Origins because the fights in those big boring dungeons just kept dragging along. The plot was generic stuff as well. Got pretty close to the end though (landsmeet). Should I check out DA2 before this one comes out?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never finished Origins because the fights in those big boring dungeons just kept dragging along. The plot was generic stuff as well. Got pretty close to the end though (landsmeet). Should I check out DA2 before this one comes out?

Don't.

Dragon Age II is worse than the first in every way.

Cheers

Ok thanks I won't. ;)
I hope you kept your promise, just checking if everything is okay.

This is rumoured to be the cover of Dragon Age: Inquisition:

Blw5oBCCIAAllar.jpg

Back