Dragon Age III: Inquisition. Standard official discussion thread [XO,PS4,PS3,X360]

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
New screenshots have been published today and the game is coming Fall 2014.

image_35294_thumb_wide940.jpg

E3_2013_Screen21.jpg

"I’ve seen more of this war than you can imagine. None shall be untouched by the fires above. Faith lies in ashes. Our fragile alliances crumble to dust as this world is torn asunder. Darkness closes in. Will you stand against it, or lead this world to its bitter end?"

Seems like the art direction is getting much better, especially compared to DA1.

Also, I don't think that's a man with the hearts on the pauldrons

Why does he have hearts in his pauldrons?
I think she is a female -as Laa Yosh pointed out already-. As for the hearts, I guess it's some kind of Joan of Arc banner but with hearts instead of the clover-like shapes in the pattern of Joan of Arc's banner. It's just a theory though. Perhaps she is also a poet and a romantic, he he.

Oh gawd, why did they turn the beautiful Morrigan into a skinny emo dude with a big nose and a mole?!

Oh gawd, why did they turn the beautiful Morrigan into a skinny emo dude with a big nose and a mole?!
Is she Morrigan? Either that or you are being oblivious to the fact that Morrigan never was the protagonist of the game. Yes, your description could easily describe a witch, but Morrigan is actually beautiful. Maybe she is, maybe not. But then the new Morrigan wouldn't look like Morrigan then.

I think she is the main female character of the game.

Nop, that's Morrigan:

bFpC9SE.jpg

Claudia Black's voice and accent (the actress who voiced Morrigan in Origins) is clear in the trailer when that character appears.
Nonetheless, the amber colored eyes and pruple eye-shade would give it away.

I don't know what you mean about being a protagonist, or what that has to do with Morrigan's face.

This is Morrigan in Origins. I want her back :(

XjaTchv.jpg

The woman in the armor is Cassandra Pentaghast, from Dragon Age 2, who was interrogating Varric.

No one is quite sure exactly what the Seekers are other than they are tied to the Chantry. Unlike the Templars, it seems they are looking to stop the war, and it looks like they'll wage war to do so. ;)

Of course, Leliana is with the same group, so they all can't be bad.

I like what I'm seeing. But then I'm also someone who didn't think Dragon Age II was that massive of a step in the wrong direction. I actually enjoyed it more than the Witcher 2. Blasphemy, I know.

Nop, that's Morrigan:

bFpC9SE.jpg

Claudia Black's voice and accent (the actress who voiced Morrigan in Origins) is clear in the trailer when that character appears.
Nonetheless, the amber colored eyes and pruple eye-shade would give it away.

I don't know what you mean about being a protagonist, or what that has to do with Morrigan's face.

This is Morrigan in Origins. I want her back :(

XjaTchv.jpg
I see.... :???: I'd rather prefer if you were attempting to spread conspiracies because I also fancy the previous model a lot more. This new one model looks more mature, which is to expect, but she doesn't quite look like the original. I was slow to notice it but well.... sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I know some pretty beautiful women that look like that.

Key is, I guess people are wondering whether that's an intentional design choice, or the product of a mistake.

well, she really looks strange on that trailer, but we don't really know what happened to the character after DAO think,

they changed the art style and a few characters drastically from DAO to DA2 anyway

1_11_03_11_8_38_36_16.jpg

Witch_of_the_Wilds.jpg

dragon_age_ii_-_isabella_.jpg

a33f04f125a17d00238881e1335e7aeea4c5d458_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well, she really looks strange on that trailer, but we don't really know what happened to the character after DAO (..)

Considering that they widened her jaw, changed her nose's shape and put it closer to the mouth, recessed her cheekbones and put dark moles in her cheek.. The only thing that could have happened is a considerable amount of very long plastic surgeries.

Not to mention they shaved her natural eyebrows and replaced them with what appears to be pencil-drawn shapes that go further to the forehead... But that could be just fashion.

Yes, Dragon Age 2 had characters with.. stronger defining assets. But that may be just a result of having more human models to play with.
For example, Leliana didn't change much between Dragon Age Origins and 2:

DA Origins:
38nei1J.jpg

DA2:
Gog3gEO.png

The appearance of characters can't necessarily be trusted to be someone's true appearance. The game was presented as a retelling of the events by Varric. As such anything he didn't see is purely hear-say. Flemeth's appearance for example, Varric wasn't there to see her. He may have just imagined that someone who transform from a dragon into an old crone would look somewhat impressive and intimidating. Other things could also be embellishments and not entirely accurate from poor memory.

Considering the amount of time the game covered and from how long after the events that Varric was telling the story, less than accurate details of what things looked like would hardly be unsurprising.

Of course this is mostly what I'd say is retroactive metagaming. Changes in character appearances probably wont be ever explained.

Considering that they widened her jaw, changed her nose's shape and put it closer to the mouth, recessed her cheekbones and put dark moles in her cheek.. The only thing that could have happened is a considerable amount of very long plastic surgeries.

Not to mention they shaved her natural eyebrows and replaced them with what appears to be pencil-drawn shapes that go further to the forehead... But that could be just fashion.

Yes, Dragon Age 2 had characters with.. stronger defining assets. But that may be just a result of having more human models to play with.
For example, Leliana didn't change much between Dragon Age Origins and 2:

DA Origins:
38nei1J.jpg

DA2:
Gog3gEO.png
The Leliana of the first game was one of my favourite characters in a videogame.

Lots of new details about the game. Bioware are planning on improving conversations adding a new dialogue choice system, and the exploration plus the world choices and some enemies in the game are going to be different.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/58721/more-dra...ation-world-choices-dialogue-systems-enemies/

Back