Sunset Overdrive: From Insomniac Games [XO]

Can't find the video from the UK, maybe it's region limited. The art style is nice and means they can keep the distant geometry down (looking at the backgrounds in the screenshots compared to Second Son and Watch Dogs), so I'm guessing they're aiming for 60fps.

Still curious how all this frantic swinging, jumping, leaping works fluidly in gameplay but have zero concerns about Insomniac delivering a solid shooter or crazy weapons.

Can't find the video from the UK, maybe it's region limited. The art style is nice and means they can keep the distant geometry down (looking at the backgrounds in the screenshots compared to Second Son and Watch Dogs), so I'm guessing they're aiming for 60fps.

Still curious how all this frantic swinging, jumping, leaping works fluidly in gameplay but have zero concerns about Insomniac delivering a solid shooter or crazy weapons.

Background seems pretty expansive here: http://i.minus.com/i89vmAdx7slz1.gif

The GIF has no detail, but check out the pictures above. Pay attention to things like geometry, which looks quite boxy, and the windows on buildings which appear to be flat blocks of colour, instead of glass showing reflections.

Thanks, I found it on YouTube! :) It looks very slick in action - there's clearly some Ratchet and Clank DNA in there, particularly evident in the grinding mechanics.

The TNTeddy gun has bear like explosions. At first I thought they were Fizze like, but after watching the trailer it is clear. Neat details.

Beautifilul. I love the style
Same here, the art style is one of the most original I've seen in a long while, and some materials look phenomenal.

Loved the orange puddle in one of the screens.

This is the first must have title on X1 for me...great!!
Kind of same here. The game looks surprisingly beautiful beautiful beautiful. And games like DR3 look like games from the original Xbox compared to this.

It's crisp, detailed... and artistically very fine to look at. Perhaps Ryse and to a lesser extent NBA 2k14, were the only games that made me go wow on the Xbox On for now. But the art suits me more in Sunset Overdrive than in those two games.

Here is the Youtube video.

Now this looks like a game I would buy the xbone for gameplay wise

graphically also very nice, the colors are beautiful

The game looks like a blast, and I am indeed exited about playing it. Yet, I have to ask this: Am I the only one who gets bothered with these "magnetic" wall runs most games do? They always look so weird and unconfortable to me. Touching a wall should not cancel your vertical momentum nor gravity. I know infinite rail griding is also phisically impossible, but for me at least, is much less visually displeasing.

IF this game can deliver on the video above then this will move so many xbox ones. I really hope ms got a the sequals to this locked up.

Between this and Crackdown MS could have killer open world games every other year

I like these shots:

jdFMwM

pQL5K3

I think it looks pretty nice. And I hope it's at least the almost-becoming-standard-for-Xbox 900P. i can live with that.

The art style isn't my bag at all as I've mentioned several times, but the trailer is almost good enough to overcome my aversion.

That said I'm pretty sure when push comes to shove and fall season is upon us, it wont be among the 2-3 triple A titles I may purchase. Just have that feeling. Something like a new Battlefield, H2A, etc will end up pushing it out.

After seeing the gameplay gotta say it's really impressing me now, love all the effects such as sparkles, fluids and explosions happening on the screen and the number of enemies are quite impressive too. If it's sub 1080p then so be it, I never skip an Insomniac game.

Back