Poll: Buying XB1 revisited post DRM change

How has the DRM change affected you?

• Total voters
Just because they aren't using it doesn't mean it's not there. They have put far too much into this not to use it eventually. I guess once they have people too far invested in the system to pull out, they will drop a DRM bomb.

Though at the end of the day it's the games I want and not the platform!

I was ready for a DD only platform. For someone who'll download all of their games, this change means there's little progression on that side of the platform.

'I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it.' To quote Marty McFly. I'll stick with it, but not as happy with the change as others.

Just because they aren't using it doesn't mean it's not there. They have put far too much into this not to use it eventually. I guess once they have people too far invested in the system to pull out, they will drop a DRM bomb.

Though at the end of the day it's the games I want and not the platform!

They can't use it with Xbox One now.

Where is the option for loyalists??

I was going to get it despite all of this DRM saga, but not at launch time.

I took for granted a mid 2014 "big" discount...

I was ready for a DD only platform. For someone who'll download all of their games, this change means there's little progression on that side of the platform.

'I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it.' To quote Marty McFly. I'll stick with it, but not as happy with the change as others.

They can't use it with Xbox One now.

I think if it's ever used, it will be with digital download games only.

I don't think I will buy more than 1 console this gen and I would prefer one that is the more powerful. Don't really care at all for kinect remote control crap or tv side of equation. Tried kinect and move in past and there wasn't anything for me there.

But I'm quite much on the fence with ps4 too. Might just go and invest more and get a gaming pc instead of console. So far ps4 games don't look too inviting compared to some pc games I haven't yet played. Haven't gamed on pc since I got ps3 and xbox360 so there is plenty of quality backlog. It looks to be good time to get into PC gaming as progress is stagnating and new hardware seems to be in 2 year cycle where even after 2 years the improvements are not gigantic.(broadwell delayed, what's happening with gpu's, consoles pushing for the new baseline hardware for gaming)

I think wiiU showed that waggle crowd has moved on. I suppose microsoft is taking a huge gamble betting on kinect in this climate where casuals got burned and moved along. Especially with their pricetag which is not friendly towards spur of a moment buys.

For someone who will download all their games anyway, this change won't really affect you - except that now you'll be able to play your downloaded games if your connection goes down for >24 hours.

Before E3 I figured I would get both. After E3 I figured I only needed the PS4 and didn't really like what the XBox was offering in exchange for their DRM/Always on policy. Now I'm back to figuring I'll get both.

Haven't preordered the XBox yet though. I want to wait for the dust to settle on the latest changes just to make sure.

Before E3 I figured I would get both. After E3 I figured I only needed the PS4 and didn't really like what the XBox was offering in exchange for their DRM/Always on policy. Now I'm back to figuring I'll get both.

Haven't preordered the XBox yet though. I want to wait for the dust to settle on the latest changes just to make sure.

Pre-order on Amazon now, cancel before it ships if you don't like what you hear later.

Guys, everything is worse than conspiracy theories because conspiracy theories are AWESOME!!! :D

On a more serious note though. I wasn't really planning on getting an XB1, mainly because I didn't expect MS to have any exclusives worth a damn in my eyes. I was however impressed with TitanFall, even though I hated their policies for XB1. Given the epic backpeddled they've now done, I'm even more disinterested in their platform, mainly because i just feel they have showed themselves to be completely inept as a platform holder, being entirely divorced from the realities of what gamers want, and only switching things up because Sony screwed them over announcing a price that undercut them so deeply.

Nah, XB1 is a turkey to me (£430 lol). And even though I was blown away by TitanFall and rather wanted to play DR3, I'll either play them on PC or wait till they eventually get releaed on the PS4 anyway.

It is still $100 more than the PS4, still forces you to use kinect, is significantly less powerful and how can you trust a company that was trying to force such anti-consumer practices on us and only changed because Sony was using it effectively against them?

I say let them suffer at launch so they stop treating us like cattle and start treating us like people.

Pre-order on Amazon now, cancel before it ships if you don't like what you hear later.
Or, let him do what he wants?

For someone who will download all their games anyway, this change won't really affect you - except that now you'll be able to play your downloaded games if your connection goes down for >24 hours.
There's no sharing by simply adding people to a list. No potential trading of DD games.

The games are locked to one system and one account.

I shall remain on the fence, slowly humpty-dumptying towards the MS side and feeling guilty about it. Worse kit, Kinect included, more expensive and still putting services which should not be behind the paywall behind the paywall. By any sane standard I should be purchasing a PS4, should have preordered one by now even, to reward them and punish MS. I'm so damned weak.

After E3, all they had left was a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.
If only they had backpedaled before E3, it would have been the least damaging time to do so. It's like every PR decision was the worst possible.

The kill switch was the primary reason I'd say I would never buy it.
I've flipped console platforms every couple generations, but I might still lean towards the PS4 at first because my use case currently just doesn't fit the Xbox One's additional features.

Maybe someday I'd get it after a few revisions and some things change on my end. I'm not racing for day one for either platform.

i might buy Xbox One if... if Microsoft prove to be able to bring weird games that great. It can be indie games, big games, small games, whatever.

or if theres finally a Kinect games that awesome to play and not a sport game. I love kinect sports games but its getting boring to play it alone. And its hard to ask friend to play it again long after the initial "wow this is magic" feeling worn out.

kinect sports alone = no fun.

before the DRM policy chane, i just dont want xbox one. its region locked!

EDIT:
its a shame that MS did not choose "middle solution". I would love to use the game sharing feature and digital game resell.

cant they just still enable them exclusively for digital games?
Make people only able to share game when both party are online.

I've had the PS1, PS2 and PS3 so I was more likely to get the PS4 than the X1.

I prefer the Sony first-party games more than games like Halo or Gears of War.

Also liked not having to pay to play online. Well that's gone so I can either stop with consoles or pay up. The lower price of the PS4 made it more palatable -- I paid $600 for the launch PS3 which I still have -- and the fact that I had several Best Buy reward certificates which were expiring later this year, so I preordered.

However, one thing MS could have done to sway me would have been the DVR functionality that was rumored. Some people prefer the WMC DVR features over Tivo and cable/satellite DVRs so if they integrated that into the console, it would have been a big draw.

The HDMI-in features aren't a draw for me. Not interested in Kinect or paying more because of Kinect.

Back