Intel Haswell-E Enthusiast Halo Platform

DSC

Regular
Banned
http://vr-zone.com/articles/intel-core-i7-ivy-bridge-e-core-i3-haswell-lineup-detailed/37832.html

oASdtM7.jpg

Qfh9PTs.jpg

5OBddLZ.jpg

DDR4 for consumers next year. That I did not expect.

Wonder how expensive it'll be... :) Looks like a nice CPU by the way, too bad Intel's a year behind on their professional CPUs compared to desktop equivalents, I was hoping they would catch up next year, but...alas.

Finally a core bump, but that is probably only because it will be a worse overclocker than ivy-e.
Also i notice that it will have one less x8 GPU slot available.

It is nice to see DDR4 finally though, i hope AMD do the same for their 20nm chips.

I was feeling a little sad about having something so awesome coming next year, buyers remorse, yeah however the CPUs start at something like twice the price of their enthusiast 1150 line so I'm not so worried.

At last, the platform I was waiting for is announced !

Ditto, I need all the video encoding power I can get. Although rather than wait I ended up changing my office pc from sandy bridge to a haswell after all...but I'll definitely check out this 8 core when it comes out.

Skylake is due Q1 2015, at least from what recent leaked roadmaps indicate. Broadwell isn't coming to desktop, at least for the mainstream segment, so desktop roadmaps lacking Broadwell aren't demonstrating anything profound -- we already know this. Clueless journalists didn't get the memo, I guess.

We might see Broadwell-E in 2015, though. Hopefully Intel makes up for the excessive delay they've had with IVB-E.

Ah I see. Haswell-E is due late 2014 but given how late Ivy-E is and how little competition Intel has in the extreme performance segment I can't help but wonder if Haswell-E will slip into 2015, pushing back everything else along with it.

Well it would make business sense to me. The desktop/laptop market ain't growing, it will take some time before core feature of Haswell as AVX2 or TSX are properly leveraged by software, and sadly the competition is pretty stagnant.

On the other hand Intel need to have if new Atom up and running on their up coming 14nm process asap. It also look like Intel is being aggressive with its Xeon Phi line as a news from a couple days hinted that Intel wanted to launch the next Xeon Phi in 2014 on their 14nm.
It seems that there won't be room in the first batches of 14nm wafers for desktop/laptop chips, and from a business pov it makes sense that is not where growth is, or a strategical target for Intel they absolutely dominate here.

Skylake is due Q1 2015, at least from what recent leaked roadmaps indicate. Broadwell isn't coming to desktop, at least for the mainstream segment, so desktop roadmaps lacking Broadwell aren't demonstrating anything profound -- we already know this. Clueless journalists didn't get the memo, I guess.

We might see Broadwell-E in 2015, though. Hopefully Intel makes up for the excessive delay they've had with IVB-E.

When does Broadwell come to mobile then?

It's 512GFLOPS for DP though. However, Considering that this would be able to beat the #1 supercomputer @ Top500 of 11/1996 (and that's less than 20 years ago), still quite impressive.

Does that mean we'll have a desktop computer faster than current #1 in 20 years? :)

Just realized how incredibly powerful that CPU will be compared to next gen consoles...
Amusing... ^^

Back