*spin* Devs Showing Games on PC/Console HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you claim there are no PS4 dev kits running the final APU, it is all faked with PC faking it without the unified GDD5, 8 Jaguar cores and 18CU GPU? We are months from release and final dev kits are not in developer's hands?

I'm sure inside sony there are , but there wont be any on a show floor.

I'm sure inside sony there are , but there wont be any on a show floor.

I'm pretty sure all the 1st party stuff is being shown on devkits on the show floor. Devkits with beta silcon are broadly available AFAIK, I can't speak to MS's devkits, but at this point I'd be surprised if they didn't have widely available devkits with near final silicon.

I am sure several 3rd parties are showing on PC, it's where the bulk of development for many of these games has taken place.

So you claim there are no PS4 dev kits running the final APU, it is all faked with PC faking it without the unified GDD5, 8 Jaguar cores and 18CU GPU? We are months from release and final dev kits are not in developer's hands?

yeah i bet the sorcerer was running in real time on final ps4 hardware too :rolleyes:

PC is running Nvidia GeForce GTX cards(zoom in), not Radeon. Wonder if the CPU is Intel......

Care to point out where, cannot really see anything when zoomed in as it's a blurry mess.

Or are you indicating that the colour means something?

That's was GAF's latest attempt at "MS IS TRICKING US ITS ALL ON GTX 780 PC'S!!!"

And it was some non graphically demanding Xbox 360 game called Lococycle on those stations btw.

Those cases do actually contain GeForce powered PC's which is pretty funny, but doesn't actually mean anything.

Afterall, if the game is cross platform and the lead platform is PC (which would make sense at this stage in the consoles life then there's no reason why the PC dev kits wouldn't be NV based.

That's was GAF's latest attempt at "MS IS TRICKING US ITS ALL ON GTX 780 PC'S!!!"

And it was some non graphically demanding Xbox 360 game called Lococycle on those stations btw.

I know the hate train is moving fast.
You can't try to discus something or explain what is actually happening.

What? What on earth..

You know how EA's COO Peter Moore told Geoff Keighley during the post-conference interview at E3 that the games they were showing off on stage were running on comparable dev kit specs to the actual home consoles? Well...that's not really true. What is true, however, is that to get the best performance on home console games, Microsoft made sure that they were running on the most stable system specs available on the market and that happened to be an HP powered, Windows 7 system with Nvidia's 700 series GTX GPU.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xb...ng-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

So.. I dunno, I mean is the kind of real world performance we could expect from Xbone given console efficiency and closed box advantages?

XB1 games running on Nvidia hardware mmm. That virtualized gaming OS seems pretty flexible if that is how it was done.

I'm pretty sure all the 1st party stuff is being shown on devkits on the show floor. Devkits with beta silcon are broadly available AFAIK, I can't speak to MS's devkits, but at this point I'd be surprised if they didn't have widely available devkits with near final silicon.

I am sure several 3rd parties are showing on PC, it's where the bulk of development for many of these games has taken place.

Cool, that's what I want to see. The beta devkits have 8GB GDDR5 right ?

Need for Speed Rivals for PS4 was running on PCs in the EA booth. I saw this when they were shutting the demo stations down. When I asked the booth guy he said it was "PC hardware at PS4 spec"

This is totally normal for E3 builds. Most of these are held together with duct tape and bailing wire.

http://s13.postimg.org/m1tbrkah3/jblow.jpg

jblow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back