AMD's Saeid Moshkelani talks about custom solutions for Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/12/amd-vp-saeid-moshkelani-interview/

He states that the solutions are a combination of AMD IP, customer IP and custom built solutions for the customer. Also gives a development timetable for the Sony PS4 APU.

Nice interview/good post.

Am I reading too much into his words when he said that the CPU cores are the same as those that go into the AMD products but that for the graphics the "manifestations were all very different" (if I recall the words correctly).

He mentioned that MS/Sony products are very different and aligned to their specific visions. Good interview.

They didn't know they were using AMD until they were announced? How does that work?

I think he meant that Sony did not know that MS was and the reverse.

But I think that is just his marketing speak. I have a hard time believing that both did not have a pretty good idea what was going on. Just consider VG leaks on the PS4. That was pretty accurate and leaked long before the announce. If the Xbox One specs line up as much as people have told me (to the VG leaks) then everybody knew long before the announce.

If VG leaks got both right then obvious there are enough people who like to talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back