Xbox One Launch Titles

What the title of the list say? Xbox exclusives won more than 100 e3 awards, then they list the titles.

then they list those exclusives, which innocently also includes Destiny, BF4, WD and a TV series called HALO.

I can see where this discussion will go....please spare me. Anyone who visits that page sees them as exclusive games which won awards, and one of them isn't even a game.

Nothing new, just misleading marketing. Unethical, maybe not punishable.

No, that's just bad reading comprehension on your part. They don't claim any of those titles are exclusives.

yup. I should learn english better. Try any guy, show him this page, lets see what his english comprehension tells him.

I tried me, I looked at it and couldn't understand what nonsense you were going on about.

They actually claim exclusive or early content for some of those titles (that are supposedly they are claiming are entirely exclusive titles) that would make no sense.

I tried me, I looked at it and couldn't understand what nonsense you were going on about.

They actually claim exclusive or early content for some of those titles (that are supposedly they are claiming are entirely exclusive titles) that would make no sense.

:)

No where on that page does it say :
"Exclusive content'
Or
"Exclusive dlc"

It just says:
"
Our exclusive games won more than 100 awards at E3, twice as many as our closest competitor."

Below it they provide a list of their games and neatly tucked between ryse, Forza, DR3, Sunset Overdrive are BF4, Destiny and Watch Dogs.

Those are not XbOne exclusives. Destiny doesn't even have any XBOne exclusive content. On the contrary it had PS exclusive content.( Nor does BF4, it just has early access to dlc. Same for CODGhosts.)

If you do not consider it misleading marketing, I disagree with you. It is nonsense, but not from me, but from MS.

Peace.

The award winning exclusives title is referring obviously to the XB1 exclusives only, but the way they designed the page it is very easy for someone to associate all the games below with the title. Not sure if its deliberate or if the designer of the page is clueless whats exclusive or if the designer didnt understand the confusion that the page design can cause.
Anyway 100 awards for its very few exclusive games? I can understand 100 awards for all the big games announced. But 100 for the very few exclusive titles they showed sounds kind of far fetched and I d like to see some clarification on that

Titanfall won 60 E3 awards but it's not exclusive to XBO since it's coming to PC.
Dead Rising 3 won 10 awards, that counts, and Forza 5 won 1 awards.
The video also mentions 29 awards for Watch Dogs but it's not exclusive to XBO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Destiny was listed as exclusive, but it was removed pretty quickly. I've seen the screenshots on Reddit.

Tommy

So they can make a bigger splash when they announce Rocksteady's next gen batman game?

Warner Bros Montreal is doing Origins. Nobody knows what Rocksteady is up to. I hope you're right, but I doubt we will find out anything until at least a couple of months after Origins is out.

Tommy McClain

Following its Gamescom showcase today, Microsoft revealed the full list of titles that will be available on Xbox One at launch.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA Live 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

i still maintain, a very impressive list for launch. destroys 360 launch (imo, since there's always that guy for whom kameo was the best game ever or whatever)

The page implies exclusivity for the games by association. The opening paragraph says, "we have the best exclusives," and then there's a list of games. The list of games isn't a list of XB1's exclusives, but there's nothing I see on that page that makes it clear the intro paragraph is separate from the list of games. It's naturally to assume the content following the intro paragraph is actually related to it. ;)

However, that's website PR for you. Crap grammar like "You are a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth. You must defend the City. Defeat our enemies. And reclaim all that we have lost." is reason enough never to refer to such sites. Ever.

Some metrics on Rangers list (important for future list wars ;)):

23 titles
35% 1st/2nd party

15 3rd party titles
27% Ubisoft (4 titles)
40% EA (6 titles)

I'm glad they are getting more 1st party/2nd party games.
Xbox 360 relies too heavily on 3rd party, compared to PS3.

The page implies exclusivity for the games by association. The opening paragraph says, "we have the best exclusives," and then there's a list of games. The list of games isn't a list of XB1's exclusives, but there's nothing I see on that page that makes it clear the intro paragraph is separate from the list of games. It's naturally to assume the content following the intro paragraph is actually related to it. ;)

However, that's website PR for you. Crap grammar like "You are a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth. You must defend the City. Defeat our enemies. And reclaim all that we have lost." is reason enough never to refer to such sites. Ever.

Some metrics on Rangers list (important for future list wars ;)):

23 titles
35% 1st/2nd party

15 3rd party titles
27% Ubisoft (4 titles)
40% EA (6 titles)

There's also what appears to be a 3rd party exclusive in the list. Fighter Within is a Kinect game published by UBIsoft.

Regards,
SB

Following its Gamescom showcase today, Microsoft revealed the full list of titles that will be available on Xbox One at launch.

i still maintain, a very impressive list for launch. destroys 360 launch (imo, since there's always that guy for whom kameo was the best game ever or whatever)
Correct.

Not that it isn't difficult though. The Xbox 360 was pretty much a wander in the wilderness back in the day, software wise.

There is a positive side to it and it is that it allowed me to play games like Oblivion full in depth, which was a great, great thing. I ended up buying/owning more than 200 games for the console anyways.

Now I am pretty addicted to a Free for Gold game, "Defense Grid: Awakening". I though it would be good, but not THAT good. :smile: I can't stop playing this tower defence game.

I'm that guy! But the One certainly has a much more impressive launch lineup.

I'm that guy! But the One certainly has a much more impressive launch lineup.

Loved Kameo to and keep meaning to go back and replay it. I don't think I ever finished it though, so maybe a good time to start from the beginning.

Moving to Florida soon, so maybe after the move.

KI DR3 and maybe Ryse...

Im just REALLY unsure about Ryse's gameplay...

I wish Diablo 3 and Dragon Age were gonna be ready at launch

Back