Are you going to *change* your platform of choice going into next-gen?

Are you going to change your platform of choice going into next-gen?

• I own a Sony console and will get neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I own a Nintendo console and will change to Xbox One

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sorry to jump in here, but this is just BS.

MS decided to slide low on the tech budget. Sony fanboys had nothing to do with it. Neither did MS deserters. Bias played zero role in that.

The fact that many xbox gamers are jumping ship because of it, is again 100% on MS. Sad thing is MS were the ones that built the expectation in the first place. They continually invested heavily in advancing graphics tech forward. With xbone they mailed it in.

Surprise surprise, a tech forum called them out on it. I'm actually in disbelief with how little flack they have taken over the inept die size they allocated to the GPU (~120mm2). Nevermind the netbook cpu clocked at 1.6GHz.

Overall, it's a very weak box for this timeframe. Had they dropped this box in 2010, yeah it would have been more impressive, but this is 3 years on from that.

Since I'm in a great mood, I'm not going to post what I really wanted to say yesterday. I will say that I don't disagree that MS is 100% at fault for their technical choices(good or bad). Bias I was talking about wasn't so much about that. I won't go further into it as I'm done with the topic. So lets wait & see how those choices do in the real world come launch ok?

Tommy McClain

I agree with AzBat. Choices have been made...I guess no one is guilty...as there are imo no faults at all!? In the contrary! I guess we have two great and interesting systems to be happy about and I really can't wait to fire up the first game in both of em....man...this is going to be so cool!

I applaud both MS and Sony for having such a cool launch line up of games! I really have to stay away of most of the discussion about next gen consoles/games as it gets me super excited...but the wait is killing me!!

Go next gen go!

I the three months since this thread went up has any changed their mind from their position post E3?

While i was decidely pro-PS4 in the aftermath of E3, I would say I'm decidedly undecided now as to which pre-order I will likely drop (maybe even drop both).

After a decade time to change, mostly due to the fact Microsoft option cost more, and comes with that accessory that I do not want.
In my country the gaming community is about what, 90% Sony / 10% Microsoft, since always, so it has always been a real pain to get newer games (since gaming stores have about nothing about Microsoft), and they always cost more, since they are quite rare...

Last edited by a moderator:
After a decade time to change, mostly due to the fact Microsoft option cost more, and comes with that accessory that I do not want.
In my country the gaming community is about what, 90% Sony / 10% Microsoft, since always, so it has always been a real pain to get newer games (since gaming stores have about nothing about Microsoft), and they always cost more, since they are quite rare...

Which country?

Also why dont polls seem to work anymore? been wanting to post a ps4 vs xbone nov npd sales one, but they dont seem to work.

I the three months since this thread went up has any changed their mind from their position post E3?

While i was decidely pro-PS4 in the aftermath of E3, I would say I'm decidedly undecided now as to which pre-order I will likely drop (maybe even drop both).

What's happened since post E3 aftermath that would make you give pause?

Depending on how much PS4s go for on Ebay, I may or may not sell one and keep the other. I'm not crazy about any of the launch titles, but I just like having the OG model.

Portugal. Here Sony have always dominated.
Even if someone who does not understand anything about video games sees for example a Nintendo or a Microsoft console, he/she says its a Playstation.
I also forgot to say that all my colleagues have Sony, I was the only green man, it will be nice to share games.

Portugal. Here Sony have always dominated.
Even if someone who does not understand anything about video games sees for example a Nintendo or a Microsoft console, he/she says its a Playstation.
I also forgot to say that all my colleagues have Sony, I was the only green man, it will be nice to share games.

Picking the platform your friends play on is pretty much the best answer, especially if you're into online gaming.

What's happened since post E3 aftermath that would make you give pause?

Mainly the lack of announced games (or at least games that interest me.) for the first half of 2014. I haven't found a good source that keeps track of game release scheules well, but from what I gather it looks like Infamous for PS4 and Titanfall for Xbox are the big exclusives for the spring with Destiny following at some point for both. Right?

The smart move would be just to cancel both and pick one up after E3 2014, but I need a shiny new box.

Mainly the lack of announced games (or at least games that interest me.) for the first half of 2014. I haven't found a good source that keeps track of game release scheules well, but from what I gather it looks like Infamous for PS4 and Titanfall for Xbox are the big exclusives for the spring with Destiny following at some point for both. Right?

The smart move would be just to cancel both and pick one up after E3 2014, but I need a shiny new box.

The smart move is to scalp your preordered boxes for profit (hopefully), then rebuy a few months later :)

If you can suppress the need for buying for the sake of hype or shininess, then it's always better to wait. The big hitters will be seen in 2014 to better base your opinion on and launch games could be picked up for cheap. Of course if there's some peer pressure from friends or coworkers to join in that will make it harder to wait..

For me, it depends on what the people on my Live friends list are going to do. At this point, it looks like most are going the PC gaming route, so that's likely the direction I'll take as well. Gonna miss Live though, that's still a clear line of demarcation over and above what's available on PC.

I can honestly say that I don't give a second thought about the (real or perceived) graphical differences between the Bone and PS4, and I kind of laugh at those who do. Even a middle of the road PC will utterly and unequivocally slaughter both consoles graphically, so if you care that much about it the choice is pretty clear.

I disagree. I used my imagination (helped by Sony's PR vids) with sixaxis and PSEye, and was let down. I can imagine all sorts of great uses for Kinect, but I'm not going to believe it'll be a great experience until someone proves it.

I think he was referring to the developers. We can use all the imagination we want, but if devs don't embrace the novelty of kinect and explore uses other than alternative schemes that fit the standard controllers just fine then it won't take off.

Me I think they should use it to turn the xb1 into some user friendly animation video creator.

Yeah, I cancelled my Xb1 pre-order and I'm skipping this console gen entirely, gonna just game on pc. Post e3 consoles don't really offer me anything new, are too limited power wise to be of any visual interest, too expensive game wise and too restricted as far as accessing your content in many locations and devices. Don't know if the move is permanent or not, but at this point consoles no longer make sense for me, I'm moving on.

I'm sticking with my PS4 pre-order. I'm looking forward to KZ and whatever magic Naughty Dog weave this time around.

At some point I'll give in to my Halo addiction and end up with a Xbone. But that's going to be a long way down the line.

I also get the feeling that if this isn't the last generation consoles the it's the pen-ultimate. It will be nice to have the last 30 years of gaming all sat together on a shelf.

Besides if it lasts another decade I'll be far too old and arthritic to actually play any games anyway!! :LOL:

I owned a 360 and PS3 this gen. Next gen, i already have a Wii U and i paid off my PS4 already. I'm not planning on an Xbox because MS pissed me off with their priorities. Praying they don't money hat any major JRPG's or whatever, cause then i'd be pissed.

I'm a PS1->PS2->PS3->PS4 zombie.
I had an original Xbox for about a month (a Halo2 bundle), I managed to finish the game and then sold them both. It was too ugly and too noisy and I simply hated the controller.

I wanted to buy and X360 in 2006 but could not in my country (Romania). I phoned Microsoft and was told by a lady there that "Xbox360 is not a product for Romania". What? How can a product NOT BE for a specific country?
Anyway, I ended up buying a Gamecube instead, and got a little game called Baten Kaidos, which I didnt like very much but I stuck with that name in all the forums that i joined since...

I got the PS3 very late, in 2010, but I will get PS4 at launch, have preorder in UK, since it's not sure it will be available locally. The PS store is not yet localized here even after 6 years...

I'm a PS fan (not so much a Sony fan), since I'm a dedicated offline/singleplayer 50year old gamer and PS seems like a better place to be for me...

For me, it depends on what the people on my Live friends list are going to do. At this point, it looks like most are going the PC gaming route, so that's likely the direction I'll take as well. Gonna miss Live though, that's still a clear line of demarcation over and above what's available on PC.

I can honestly say that I don't give a second thought about the (real or perceived) graphical differences between the Bone and PS4, and I kind of laugh at those who do. Even a middle of the road PC will utterly and unequivocally slaughter both consoles graphically, so if you care that much about it the choice is pretty clear.

I laugh at your (implied) definition of middle-of-the-road PC.

Back