Possible PS4 SKUs ?

pc999

Veteran
Based on the rumors of 3 SKUs from 399-599 what do you think they will be?

I wouldn't be surprised if they are something like this

499€/$

PS4 + PS4Eye + Move + 1TB + 6 months free online PSN+

599€/$

PS4 + PS4Eye + Move + 1TB + 6 months free online PSN+ + Vita

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if Sony is doing multiple skus, but my guess:

399€/$ - PS4

499€/$ - PS4 + PS4Eye + 4 months free online PSN+

599€/$ - PS4 + PS4Eye + Move + 750GB + 4 months free online PSN+

I think it makes sense, since MM seems to be making use of the controller for an upcoming game. They'll probably do a bundle with the MM game that include PS4Eye + Move, so making an official standard bundle to get things rolling seem to work to me.

I don't think we'll get many SKUs in the first year. Just not efficient logistically. I think you will see a bundle for Eye + Move eventually, but never just the Eye.

I'm not sure if Sony is doing multiple skus, but my guess:

399€/$ - PS4

499€/$ - PS4 + PS4Eye + 4 months free online PSN+

599€/$ - PS4 + PS4Eye + Move + 750GB + 4 months free online PSN+
A year of PS+ is only $60, so 4 months only has a value of $20, and the PSEye is only $60. I agree with Arwin and I don't think we'll see multiple skus until Q4 2014 at the earliest.

Indeed Move should be in both SKUs it should be cheap enough for that, I will edit my post for it.

SKUs are a good way of doing easy profit, all of these dont have a big extra cost, still if the gamer wants to buy them separated, given how overpriced they usually its price a lot more, so there is a good value and it is the only way of many buying them (eg PS4Eye).

Didn't they say $5 per month in the conference? That'd be $60, maybe they plan to raise it at launch for inflation, I think Microsoft did the same thing for gold. From 50 to 60.

Nope, they said "less than $5 a month." That "less than" part seems to get dropped off a lot and people then round up to $60 a year. No price increase.

Back