Kingdom Hearts 3 [XO, PS4]

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Yes I know, they only just announced it, and didn't really show much.

But please raise your hand if, like me, you went YES!!!! when KH3 came up at the conference.

To me personally, that was The Moment. I am now as excited about PS4 and gaming in general as I was with my PS2.

This can be the I Love You KH3 thread. And to make it a somehow useful thread, here is the teaser!

When it Was FFXV followed by Kingdom Hearts III the kid in me screamed it so reminded me of the days of the PS2

I was going to write how underrated KH is, before remembering that it sold a gazillon units.

I can't believe it actually skipped a whole console generation. I don't play on handhelds so I always missed the centuries i spent on the first two games.

Yap, I remember Watch Dog, Kingdom Heart, Second Son, AC, 1886 from the conference.
But KH stands out because the theme is "fresh". Not so sure about FF because I'm afraid they will mess up the story again. ^_^

Quantic Dream's tech demo is fun too.

New E3 2015 trailer. I had never played a Kingdom Hearts game before but I am liking the general tone and setting of the game.

New E3 2015 trailer. I had never played a Kingdom Hearts game before but I am liking the general tone and setting of the game.

Simply put, they're better than group sex. Hopefully they'll release 1 and 2 on other platforms for everyone to enjoy. Also the story is so convoluted, I'm not sure how Xbox player will be able to jump in to number 3 straight away.

Simply put, they're better than group sex.
I don't know actually, but it has to be complex and nightmarish, because of logistics. :)

Hopefully they'll release 1 and 2 on other platforms for everyone to enjoy. Also the story is so convoluted, I'm not sure how Xbox player will be able to jump in to number 3 straight away.
Logistical mares aside, it would be a good idea, I agree to that, especially if they bundled the others with 3, but it would be remake then, or require BC for those who didn't play older versions and only have new consoles.

I don't know actually, but it has to be complex and nightmarish, because of logistics. :)

Logistical mares aside, it would be a good idea, I agree to that, especially if they bundled the others with 3, but it would be remake then, or require BC for those who didn't play older versions and only have new consoles.
It's Square. They already re-released the games on PS3 - believe it or not there hasn't been a KH game since the PS2!! although there have been a lot of spin offs and releases on handhelds - and surely they can re-re-release them on PS4/X1. I'd probably replay the first two at 1080p on the new machine.

It's Square. They already re-released the games on PS3 - believe it or not there hasn't been a KH game since the PS2!! although there have been a lot of spin offs and releases on handhelds - and surely they can re-re-release them on PS4/X1. I'd probably replay the first two at 1080p on the new machine.
How are the re-released games on the PS3? Are they remakes or remasters? Or is it basically the PS2 game at a higher resolution?

Remasters at higher res, like the FFX/X2 remasters. Exactly the same games, I think.
So... I guess they use the same PS2 assets and so on.. Right? Sometimes it's just what those games need. F-Zero GX looks amazing on Dolphin, if you have a NASA computer to run it at very high resolutions, but I dunno about Kingdom Hearts.

Other times you might upgrade the textures and general stuff.

Also the story is so convoluted, I'm not sure how Xbox player will be able to jump in to number 3 straight away.

I really don't understand this kind of comment.

Is it really so inconvincible that someone who owns an Xbox has played Kingdom Hearts before (I have), or if they are new to gaming or the series is incapable of spending the 5 minutes required to google the back story?

I really don't understand this kind of comment.

Is it really so inconvincible that someone who owns an Xbox has played Kingdom Hearts before (I have), or if they are new to gaming or the series is incapable of spending the 5 minutes required to google the back story?
Of course they can. My comment was more of a "these games are brilliant, go play them!" than anything else.

Also, I'm sure there are a LOT of PS4 owners who have not played the original games.

They're remastering everything and their grandma, KH1/2 would be one of the very few welcome additions.

Back