The Order: 1886

Dont get me wrong, i enjoyed Uncharted a lot, but after playing through couple of those games, i cant be even slightly excited about them anymore.
You're allowed to disagree! :) Just saying TPS are my thing. TPS with great atmosphere have me sold :D

Couldn't disagree more. Third-person shooters are my raison raison d'être. Give me a TPS with good mechanics, engaging characters and a good story (Ratchet & Clank, Gears of Wars, Uncharted, GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider) and I'm happy. If it's got an interesting setting, good atmosphere and throws in mechanics from other games (platforming, survival horror), I'm making time to play it rather than just fit it in around life.

From what little I've seen, 1886 ticks all my boxes.

I'm totally with you on this! Add in some character and/or weapon and gear customization and that would be icing on the cake :D

Part of what made Tomb Raider so fun was leveling your character and weps.

Couldn't disagree more. Third-person shooters are my raison raison d'être. Give me a TPS with good mechanics, engaging characters and a good story (Ratchet & Clank, Gears of Wars, Uncharted, GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider) and I'm happy. If it's got an interesting setting, good atmosphere and throws in mechanics from other games (platforming, survival horror), I'm making time to play it rather than just fit it in around life.

Yeah me too TPS is also my thing. I dont understand these gameplay looks boring statements. If I got bored of games "gameplay" I probaly would of stopped playing games in the nineties because not much has changed since then.

London was indeed covered in soot, but they have dialled down the saturation quite a lot in this. Although Hollywood does that too, so it's in keeping with the movie styling.
1886 = sherlock holmes & jack the ripper etc
show me one colorful sherlock holmes film
i.e. its just the standard way things are presented from that time period esp in london, I assume things were not as colorful as now, today we have bright plastics / cheaply dyed clothing (IIRC from a docomentary I saw clothes dyes were just starting around that time period thus were very expensive)
It was a drab place.
Personally I want to see more color but it would be unrealistic,
I assume parts of the story are going to be set in a different place (eg spaceship/world/area) thats colorful

Why hello there high res screenshots of The Order :). The amount of detail is crazy.
TO1886_WCH_Square_09_2014_05_21.jpg

TO1886_WCH_Square_05_2014_05_21.jpg

TO1886_WCH_Square_01_2014_05_21.jpg

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/23/5746368/the-order-1886-screens

Awesome image quality. The only thing that is not perfect is that damned specular aliasing on rare metal surfaces [radio on the back of Lafayette in image #2]. :-/

Some tearing in that last image, too:

Uq8sDcy.png

(present across the entire scanline, so clearly a tear, that's just the most obvious bit, since most of the scene isn't moving much)

At least no-one can accuse them of being touched-up bullshots, though.

Don't get me wrong, but how can you compare all these games as tps shooters?gta rdr infamous ,all these is sandbox games with high replayability value in single player,i can't say the same for games like gears or uncharted.

Don't get me wrong, but how can you compare all these games as tps shooters?gta rdr infamous ,all these is sandbox games with high replayability value in single player,i can't say the same for games like gears or uncharted.
I don't understand, they are all third person shooters. RDR is nothing like Uncharted, which is nothing like The Last of Us, but I enjoyed (and have replayed) all three games many times.

When you have a game where there is sheer fun and enjoyment in playing, rather than completing a level or the game, then that is sufficient for me to replay. For the enjoyment of playing the game. This is why I play all games.

Why hello there high res screenshots of The Order :). The amount of detail is crazy.

And the amount of blur is even more crazy (IMO) than the amount of detail (hardly any that can be seen in those shots because of all the gdamn blur).

Character models are quite nice as well as texture detail on the character models (when not obscured by the blur).

Perhaps there's actually some detail in that outdoor scene. And perhaps it will be visible when not moving around, but as it is, those screenshots aren't doing the game any favors.

Regards,
SB

action-adventure games

With heavy third person shooter mechanics. From Wikipedia:
WIkipedia said:
Third-person shooter video games, known as TPSs or 3PSs, emphasize shooting and combat from a camera perspective in which the player character is seen at a distance. This perspective gives the player a wider view of their surroundings as opposed to the limited viewpoint of first-person shooters.

For me, the draw of GTA and RDR are these mechanics. But I'm not here to debate the defining points of game genres, this is how I play these games and this is what draws me to these games along with the open world settings.

To each his own. Sandbox games usually burn me out way before I even manage to finish them once. Second Son not so much, but since that game felt like the skeletal remains of something much, much larger, it barely even qualifies.

To each his own. Sandbox games usually burn me out way before I even manage to finish them once. Second Son not so much, but since that game felt like the skeletal remains of something much, much larger, it barely even qualifies.
A bit O/T but what I loved about the first inFamous game was the effect you had on the city. It was pretty rough at the start of the story but you could make it better, with neighbourhoods being cleared and tired up, or you could make it worse. And the disaster gave the city life and atmosphere, it made me want to care. There was nothing to care about in Seattle. I never felt the inhabitants were under the jackboot of tyranny, they seemed to have pretty good lives. I felt I was playing just for me, rather than trying to make the world a better place.

I platinumed the game but can't see myself replaying it nay time soon, unlike the predecessors which I just couldn't stop playing. I'd like them to remaster inFamous 1 and 2 for PlayStation 4.

Third person adventure/shooting are also my preferred modern videogame genre. Rdr, GOW, uncharted, Gears AC, Tomb raider.

I still prefer side strollers and shoot EM UPS above all others but those are now pretty much old school genres.

Back