The Order: 1886

I dunno, most big Hollywood blockbusters these past years were pretty colorful. Marvel movies, Hobbit, Star Trek, Transformers, Pirates, all the CG animated features... Strangely enough the one standout that comes to my mind is the supposedly "kiddie" Potter series, which were getting bleaker as the story got darker.

The game itself is still somewhat of a mystery though, how much bigger will the world get? What we've seen so far is basically a corridor TPS with very few characters present on the screen at once, not that far beyond the scale of the Gears games. On the other hand the characters are pretty highly detailed and well developed...

Naughty Dog PS3 style of game, ie same as Unchartered and The Last of Us, when it comes to game type.

Thats how it comes across to me atleast.

Yeah, I think it will be like a ND game, in the sense that it will be a TPS with high production values and a good story.

What really has me intrigued after the latest video is the weapons. A big reason why I enjoyed the Resistance games was that the weapons were fun and interesting... something they probably took from the Ratchet & Clank games.

Anyway, again, the game really does look amazing. The animations, cloth physics, motion blur and of course the IQ, really make it look like CG in motion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, the graphics are absolutely amazing.
I need to see more gameplay tho as right now it looks like a typical TPS.
I heard RAD wasn't even aware they were supposed to show off some gameplay today, so let's give them the benefit of the doubt.

Yep, it looks really pretty, like a beautiful black and white movie with great 19th century london cinematography.

I already imagine the thousands of people asking for the inevitable option to disable the not really cinematic HUD in order to do clean screenshots... or to play the game in full cinematic fashion.

Dear god that looks insane, this is the only game at the moment that really detaches itself from the wave one nextgen games in terms of graphics. More specifically it's the only game to me that feels like playing a CGI movie. I hope we get to see more of London from the concept arts.
Really love the SSS on the human, the thermite gun's explosion and particles, the lighting, shaders and soft cloth physics, the unholy amount of post processing effects used here simply work wonders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to see more gameplay tho as right now it looks like a typical TPS.

That alone would not be such a big problem, but the scope in the material released so far isn't that much beyond the first Gears of War, and that's quite more unsettling. The game seriously needs something extra to become "next gen" IMHO.

Depending on when this game releases the graphics might lose the "impressive" factor so they need something else to get people interested.

I hope they finally release substantial gameplay footage at E3. So far it looks nothing special from a gameplay standpoint.

I think/thought the rumor is there is a The Order reveal on the 27th. Not sure what all, but there was a press event under NDA. Todays was just a pre-reveal, if I understand.

Laser :runaway:

Hope the screen tearing is addressed.

That alone would not be such a big problem, but the scope in the material released so far isn't that much beyond the first Gears of War, and that's quite more unsettling. The game seriously needs something extra to become "next gen" IMHO.

The lack of co-op or MP modes is making me scratch my head a bit for replayability... I mean, it's back to Uncharted 1 in terms of scope. :???:

A wave survival mode would have been nice, I think.

I already imagine the thousands of people asking for the inevitable option to disable the not really cinematic HUD in order to do clean screenshots... or to play the game in full cinematic fashion.

Yeah, an option would be nice to have for that extra immersion factor alone.

Man, we really need a nice high bitrate version of this clip. Hopefully we'll get that and a lot more when the rumored NDA for previews lifts on the 27th.

Twitch was really bad...

Amazing. Gunplay looks to be solid [and we still haven't seen that environmental destruction that is caused by strong magnetic field that can bend metals], so I'm all aboard. :)

We need better quality !!! Frame rate seemd inconsistent in the footage or its the youtube stuttering.

But boy, if this is the new UNcharted, which is what it seems in every way except the lack of humour, then what is new Uncharted like !

We need better quality !!! Frame rate seemd inconsistent in the footage or its the youtube stuttering.
fptrow.png

Hope the screen tearing is addressed.
10376053_10152423713337179_5214727153762771245_n.jpg

Game also went through some visual changes, ceremonial uniforms were changed for "infiltration" ones, and entire level got different lightning.

comparison1fuupc.png

iqmpITByGtSqA.gif

orderoldcopy7bk8p.jpg

iTefchIYaHyoU.png

Really terrible quality footage to judge graphics.
Although lack of destruction is disappointing and smoke disappears too fast for my taste.
Gameplay is very boring so far.

Gameplay is very boring so far.
Couldn't disagree more. Third-person shooters are my raison raison d'être. Give me a TPS with good mechanics, engaging characters and a good story (Ratchet & Clank, Gears of Wars, Uncharted, GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider) and I'm happy. If it's got an interesting setting, good atmosphere and throws in mechanics from other games (platforming, survival horror), I'm making time to play it rather than just fit it in around life.

From what little I've seen, 1886 ticks all my boxes.

@DSoup
Dont get me wrong, i enjoyed Uncharted a lot, but after playing through couple of those games, i cant be even slightly excited about them anymore. And even uncharted had a lot movement and verticallity in combat, i havent seen in any of The Order's playthrough so far.
Thats why i dont see yet any exclusive game that would convince me to buy a console. Every announced game is cinematic first, gameplay third :)

I would dig it a lot if design of the game was similar to Dishonored. Confined, but with a lot of freedom and tons of tools for tactical engagement.

I like the new lighting look compared to the old one, you can now see much more shadows and better contrast on the characters such Lady Knight's new face
she looks very sexy in he new footage

Back