The Order: 1886

I've played both of their God of War games, and their Daxter game. All three are great games. I'm really looking forward to what they can do with the PS4

So a zombie/creature shooter, but set in Victorian Steampunk London to make it 'different'. Same game, different graphics, no?

I think it looks awesome, hope it plays like Gears of War.

What would you prefer?
Maybe some other type of game entirely. I just feel 50% of games are the same thing with a different skin. If someone made a skinnable FPS, you'd have the next 30 different shooters available from the one game, versus aliens, zombies, werewolves, other nations, ponies, etc.

If I flip the question, what is it that excites you about this game versus every other shooter? Does a change of scenery make all the difference, or is it the gameplay that interests you?

I'm definitely one of those with shooter fatigue. I hope next-gen is more adventurous in its game types.

Maybe some other type of game entirely. I just feel 50% of games are the same thing with a different skin. If someone made a skinnable FPS, you'd have the next 30 different shooters available from the one game, versus aliens, zombies, werewolves, other nations, ponies, etc.

If I flip the question, what is it that excites you about this game versus every other shooter? Does a change of scenery make all the difference, or is it the gameplay that interests you?

I'm definitely one of those with shooter fatigue. I hope next-gen is more adventurous in its game types.

For me I like the change of scenery and graphics.

Speaking for myself I never get tired of game genre's and gameplay that I like. I'd be very happy if there had been 15 sequels to Dungeon Keeper all with the exact same gameplay with only minor changes but constantly updated graphics and scenery, for example.

It's likely why I love COD for the most part. I like the gameplay of the original and each new one only iterates on it. It's also why I don't like Deus Ex: HR nearly as much as the original it doesn't replicate most of the gameplay from the original.

I also would have been far happier if Doom 3 had been more of Doom 1 and 2 and less of whatever the F. it became.

Same reason I still love StarCraft. Also same reason I don't like Diablo 3 as much as Diablo 2. Why I loved all of the Al. Lowe graphical adventure games.

Give me more of what I enjoy is what I say. :)

Regards,
SB

It looks different and I really enjoyed Gears of War, its also the only gameplay experience I haven't found on the ps3.

My 360 broke 2 years ago so I've been deprived.

On another note I'm getting the last of us tomorrow and I dont think I have been this excited for a game in a long time.

Anyone else gets the Resistance vibe from this?

That's a great idea..

It could kind of fits aswell - RAD president said they didn't talk about the monsters yet, but the gamer were part of 'The Order' - a organization who's to protect humanity.
It's set in a alternate universe (like R:FoM), grounded in reality but with some steampunk wibes extra fancy weapons, like that Teslacoil-gun one dude were running with. (kind of like R:FoM made advanced weapons based upon real stuff).
So it would be awesome if it were Chimera attacking London in 1886.
Not often you see big parts of a FPS jumping to a third person action-adventure game, but this would be really cool..

I am a HUGE fan of RAD's work on psp so I am really looking forward to what they can do with an ip of their own making. And if they say its in game, I fully believe them.

Seth Kilian (from Sony Santa Monica) is on the Giant Bomb stream right now saying how awesome the trailer is, and that it's totally real. :)

Yup, lead graphics/engine programmer.

Oh, cool. Congratulations, great trailer...wonder what you guys can pull out of the PS4. I already appreciated your PSP God of Wars...they looked astoundingly good.

I hope at some point, you are allowed to talk some more about the The Order: 1886 graphics/physics technology.

Back