Killer Instinct [XO]

Been watching all of the videos of this game and loving all the crazy cool over the top effects they've added..particles, smoke, snow, distortions.:D
I will try to buy it day one. This is going to be the most expensive console launch to date for me....

This is a video I shared in a different thread but anywawys....

Killer Instinct sound comparison across generations.

KI looks very impressive in person, whatever resolution it is running at, it doesn't hurt the game's visuals at all. Super smooth and particles galore.

KI looks very impressive in person, whatever resolution it is running at, it doesn't hurt the game's visuals at all. Super smooth and particles galore.

That might be true, although one still wonders what the exact problems for the devs in this specific case were...

If you have a XB1, pick this up. It's amazing!

btw, this game has the best netcode out there. Seriously, I don't know if it's the programming or if they're using Azure but whatever the reason, no game fighting game I've played has netcode like this in the past.

I want this game so bad, but won't be picking up a next gen system until after Sep 2014. I'm afraid to get sucked in to next gen goodness when I need to be focusing on studying and work.

If you have a XB1, pick this up. It's amazing!

btw, this game has the best netcode out there. Seriously, I don't know if it's the programming or if they're using Azure but whatever the reason, no game fighting game I've played has netcode like this in the past.
Maximilliam (the Killer Instinct guy) reviewed the game a couple of days ago and he especially praised the netcode and the sound.

Killer Instinct spectacular launch trailer. Nice sounds and music, the norm in this game.

That games looks real sweet, I've watched quite a few videos on the shoryuken website and I'm actually surprised by lots of the reviews in the wild...

Ok content is pretty low but the game ain't expansive either, I doubt the competences (at fighting games) of quite a few reviewers. Though fighting games are something else, an extremely demanding genre, I won't ever be even a an average players... most people (like me) that still enjoy playing once in a while with friends are barely scratching the surface, they are some of the most complex games out there: mind games, incredible execution, reflexes, etc.
It is the only genre I enjoy watching competitions.

to put it shortly I'm questioning the bunch of 6 or 7 (out of ten) the game got rewarded with, 8 sounds right from comments I read here and there, it is a good first installation for the franchise.

The game is gorgeous, with deep game play, and balanced characters and only $20.

The reviewers are idiots IMO.

This game is a 9/10.

It might be the best X1 launch game.

I think even the reviews with lower scores praised this game overall. I am surprised by the fact that I like this game so much. The Dojo mode -which should be standard in fighting games from now on, it even has a frame counter and a hit detection lesson- helped me immensely to learn about the game.

I didn't expect a fighting game could appeal to me so much knowing that I am a fan of KOF, Blazblue and the like.

This and Forza 5 -Peggle 2- today, are the best games I have, and I have 11 already.

I paid the $20 to unlock all of the characters. It's a good game. I'm not big into fighters. The $20 was worth it though to play now and then. Probably not the best person to be reviewing fighting games, because I haven't played any of the comparable games over the last five to ten years. Still enjoy it.

Back