Killer Instinct [XO]

any idea how much the stick will cost ? I might grab it. I haven't gotten into a fighter in a decade but I think I will give this a shot

any idea how much the stick will cost ? I might grab it. I haven't gotten into a fighter in a decade but I think I will give this a shot

I'm really hoping they allow us to use our existing sticks (even if it is through an adapter). These things are damn expensive. Since sticks are wired, there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to use what we already have now---no need for rumble or new wireless tech.

well the last sticks I bought were for my Saturn and I used them on my dreamcast. So I doubt ms will let me use those. So if the madcatz stick for KI isn't to badly priced ($100 ?) I will prob pick it up

well the last sticks I bought were for my Saturn and I used them on my dreamcast. So I doubt ms will let me use those. So if the madcatz stick for KI isn't to badly priced ($100 ?) I will prob pick it up

My problem is that there is no reason we can't use our X360 compatible sticks---it's wired into a USB port. USB3 is backcompat with USB2, so why can't it be compatible. New controller has same number of buttons and the back and start button can substitute for whatever they call the new buttons on the new controller.

The only issue is maybe the headset port being different and whatever the system is using to identify who is on what controller (IR tech maybe????).

The madcatz controllers being used on the demos look exactly like my current TE stick.

Awesome music sample from the game's soundtrack composer.

http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com...e-music-suite/
I tried, but the link doesn't work for some reason.

A new trailer shows that the next fighter of Killer Instinct is a mysterious spider woman. It seems to be a completely new character, which is unexpected and can be good at the same time.

She has spider like powers and the design is quite radical. It doesn't seem to be a redesign from a previous character.

I want Riptor and the skeleton too.

I tried, but the link doesn't work for some reason.

I just tried it to and it seems it is down. The file is < 3 mb and well worth the download.
I can email it to you if you like...pm if you do.

Weird that this is the game that has me considering a next gen console at launch. I probably will wait until February to pick up an X1 or PS4 or both.

Can't you use a Street Fighter handheld controller?

Last time I really played on pad was on the Sega Saturn.

I just have a better time playing on sticks, imo how it was meant to be---I guess it's a carry over from the old arcade experience.

I'm in no rush to jump into the next gen, so hopefully somebody will sell a converter by the time I join next generation.

This game has me tempted though.

On being asked how difficult or easy it was to run the game at 60 FPS at 1080p, the duo replied: “Technically we are running at 720p and 60 FPS. 60 FPS is another pillar of the project. Anything added to the game that doesn’t allow us to run at 60 is removed or optimized. Nothing would be more frustrating than need pixel perfect accuracy at anything below 60. It would feel sluggish and unresponsive.”
Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/killer-instin...ed-praises-xbox-one-cloud#ehcTOyWDT8V78kKh.99

The game didn't look technically impressive in the first place - now this!? :oops:

Maybe they're brute-forcing a lot of things? :| Something doesn't seem right given what they're showing.

Maybe they're brute-forcing a lot of things? :| Something doesn't seem right given what they're showing.
There can be a *rainbow* of reasons for that to happen, apart from the typical factor that it is a launch title, maybe they could patch the game later to support better resolutions when they optimise the engine, as it doesn't seem to be that taxing on the system, unlike games like Forza 5 --for a launch game at least.

Some news: Sadira is the name of the spider woman with a red hooded shawl from a previous video, and the game introduces her in a new video, which also hints at the re-debut of Orchid, and she seems to have a new pet.

Yup. Reading the long Neogaf thread now. Really close to making me want the console at launch....must be strong as I'm house hunting for a new place right now.

Everything looks so sparkly...

i1tsiPxANDaJN.gif

Been watching all of the videos of this game and loving all the crazy cool over the top effects they've added..particles, smoke, snow, distortions.:D

Back