Killer Instinct [XO]

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
What more can I say? It boggles the mind.

Here you can see this guy getting all emotional, lulz. Some tears dropped down his cheek.

Not made by RARE but by Double Helix :cry:

It's been a long time coming, but Killer Instinct has finally risen from extinction. Along with its revival comes news that its developer is none other than Double Helix Games. You might remember them from such amazing titles like Battleship, Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters, and Silent Hill Homecoming.

http://www.destructoid.com/killer-instinct-being-developed-by-double-helix-studios-255866.phtml

Or

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-killer-instinct-announced-for-xbox-one

On the other side its been years since Rare did a good game :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
On the other side its been years since Rare did a good game :cry:

I believe Rare is working with Double Helix to develop KI. But other than that, Rare itself is working on... Sigh... Kinect Sports Rivals. :cry: :devilish:

Well, I'm glad we finally have ourselves a Killer Instinct after much waiting.

It's both rare and double helix

And there's a lot of talented people working on this, as well as hardcore fighting gamers to ensure its stands up in quality

As well as ken lobb

I have complete faith in this game

Wow, a game that sells for money... What will they think of next, eh!

And in other news, the sky is falling! :LOL:

I've been waiting for this to complete my arcade fighting collection...I've got SFIV and MK already both of which are really fun. With that said I don't like the microtransactions thing unless they set it up affordably with DLC character packs...or single characters for really cheap like $1 each.

why is all the footage of this so dark? Cant really see crap.

at first hearing f2p was like yech...and i guess it still is.

but being able to try it with one char for free is going to be cool. everybody will try this on xb1 launch day.

i wonder if basically this was the only way they'd greenlight it...

You really want to pay for each fighter individually????

Does it really matter how you pay for the game? It gives the option of paying for less than all of the characters if that's your preference. How the total cost value works out, I guess we'll have to wait and see. If it winds up costing $200 for all the characters that would be stupid, but if it's pricing winds up comparable to other full titles, it's not really a downside except for a few extra clicks.

You really want to pay for each fighter individually????
What's the difference, you think each fighter's gonna cost $60 or something...? In any case, I foresee a full all-in-1 pack with all the characters in one box. At once. Simultaneously. So you don't have to pay for them individually.

I'm sure it'll come, at some point anyway. Maybe in 20 years, who can say.

...No seriously. It'll be there on launch day, they're not stupid. Or at least I assume they're not.

Does it really matter how you pay for the game? It gives the option of paying for less than all of the characters if that's your preference. How the total cost value works out, I guess we'll have to wait and see. If it winds up costing $200 for all the characters that would be stupid, but if it's pricing winds up comparable to other full titles, it's not really a downside except for a few extra clicks.

Makes sense, lately MS seems quite concerned with consumers saving money with their console (avoiding with completely :LOL:)...

...No seriously. It'll be there on launch day, they're not stupid. Or at least I assume they're not.

Are we talking about the same company (MS with XBone, Surface, W8, some phones none wants, rented office apps...) ???

Killer Instinct - did anyone like to play this game back then? I personally loved what it looked like ...

I liked the fact that I could do 500000 hits combos, with any character, without having any idea of how I did it.

You did it by just keep pressing buttons.

But you make a good point, I think my 5yo would love it ;)

MadCatz playing it live on http://www.twitch.tv/madcatz

Looks damn good so far (gameplay wisE).

Interesting post on GAF:

"Confirmed no F2P, "F2P" mode is just a demo.
I called it.

The team developing KI3 is an entirely new team created for the game.
I called that too."

Edit: Streams over

Last edited by a moderator:
Back