Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

campaign that integrate well into MP gameplay is important for me.

in BFBC series, i was "trained" by the campaign. but in BF3 and BF4, the skill and logic i got in campaign became useless in MP. Its like 2 different game taped together.

Beat this so further thoughts.

The campaign shows some promise at times but overall is still fairly boring imo.

For one thing realistic military shooters tend to kind of all play the same imo, and they're fairly limited on creativity. One of my favorite things in games is bosses, and you cant really have bosses in a realistic military shooter. Though I guess, in BF4 tanks and helicopters are kind of mid-bosses.

The graphics are at once at times very very good, some of the best in games ever probably up their with Crysis titles, probably well above the amazing at the time BF3 reveal and it's funny that that level of graphics is now commonplace just a couple years later. There's the constant blue/orange/gritty hue in everything. There's a level where you come ashore and fight along the beach in a typhoon, and while it should be majestic and incredible, it's also just kind of hard to see and annoying. The whole game is of course infected by the COD plague. Meaning everything is amped up to 11 (nearly) constantly, so there's no lulls to make you appreciate the 11's, and it all blends together into feeling super forced and boring. Again nothing new here, the plague of COD and BF campaigns for a long time now.

The dialogue is awful, as always in video games. And incredibly stereotypical and annoying. Basically you get screamed and swore at by a character named Irish the whole game. Because he's super gritty and intense and real. Very annoying. I know Rico from Killzone has a reputation for annoyance but Irish has got be worse. Horrible.

Sometimes the destruction pops up in cool ways. Probably somewhat scripted but still neat when you lob a grenade at a treehouse 50 yards away and the whole thing explodes in a pile of timbers when you score a hit.

Like most FPS they throw a lot of weapons at you and 99% are disposable. As usually only the long range weapons like the sniper rifle tend to be most worthwhile. Most of the time you have to play these games cautiously. I'd like to see a game that encouraged more aggressive play, at least at times. I went through most of the game using the same weapon, a mid-longe range rifle (forget the name). Again it's almost always the same case in these type of games. Theres no point in submachine guns or shotguns because close quarter combat is rare.

I guess the game has it's good points, the grenade launchers were pretty fun, stealth as it is feels ok, I was never able to stealth for long, I think it's supposed to be that way, but it felt natural not forced unlike most games.

Pretty lame ending too. Very sudden and too short.

I started playing COD Ghosts directly after. Now I'm 99% sure I'll end up disliking the Ghosts campaign like all the previous ones, BUT the first 5 minutes had more subtlety and coolness than 8 hours of BF4 combined. First there was a neat hair raising intro. Then the first scene in a suburban area hit by something like a nuke was quite eerie. Then we went to space and I immediately appreciated the excellent clarity of the graphics after the constant grime post processing of BS4.

I finished BF4 campaign and am mostly through COD:G. Ghost is the better experience IMO. Better story, better shooting and hate to say it, Ghost looks better. I'm not really a fan of either franchise. I've always like the big large scale MP games of BF. I have not really played much of the COD franchise since COD3.

I think Battlefield 4's SP was pretty decent just way too short.
Graphically BF4 looks great even at 720p on the Xbox One.
In my opinion it looks much more nextgen than Ghosts.
I think with COD AW activision will take the crown back at least until holiday 2015

Oh, the joys of BF4... :rolleyes: :devilish: :rolleyes:

So, the other day, I decided to get back into some BF4 matches and because things have quieted down a bit, I thought maybe most people are playing maps available through DLC. Now, instead of buying every DLC seperate, I figured might as well go Premium all the way. So I bought Premium, got all the maps downloaded and even succeeded in playing a DLC map (some chinese map) - but yesterday, the game seemed inable to realize that I am still a Premium user and got the DLC installed.

When selecting a game from the server-list which was a map from the DLC (China rising), the Premium-DLC-battlepacks Purchase screen pops up. Funny thing is though - when selecting any of the purchasable items, it sais "Free", as that screen obviously is smart enough to see the obvious. Duh.

So what am I suppose to do to get it to work? How hard can it be to develop a game that doesn't delete the SP game-saves after every MP game or to read a plain simple yes/no IF function that validates if said user purchased a Premium account or not?

You know EA/Dice, it's really this easy:

Code:
if( is_premium() == 1 )
{
  no_do_not_delete_game_save_for_no_apparent_reason();
  load_map( super_awesome_dlc_map_yay );
}
else
{
  printf( "fuck off" );
}

I mean, really???

:rolleyes:

Edit found this:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670165459192/9/

Please don't tell me there is actually a reason why a user would have to format their PS4 to get something like this to work?

after not playing it for aroun 1 year. then today i played BF4 again.

wow.
the visual and sound still marvelous.

but the small map really hurting. tried to go back play BFBC2 and BF3 again but empty servers :(

after not playing it for aroun 1 year. then today i played BF4 again.

wow.
the visual and sound still marvelous.

but the small map really hurting. tried to go back play BFBC2 and BF3 again but empty servers :(

How is th enew patch? They said they were planning majo changes with it.

and , yes, BF4 never really hit me like BF3 did. Something about the shooting and movement was too smooth in BF3 and was lost in BF4. One of the patch changes mentioned changing movement back to the style of BF3 while keeping the new animation fidelity intact. Has it been done? does it feel like BF3 now?

BFBC2 was special, no doubt about that. Personally, BF3 felt perfect to me.

Yeah the infantry movement and shooting is much more responsive than I remembered. Weapon sway also almost not exist. I easily do sustained headshots.

The helicopter become more grippy while the jet is exactly the same as I remembered.

Yeah the infantry movement and shooting is much more responsive than I remembered. Weapon sway also almost not exist. I easily do sustained headshots.

The helicopter become more grippy while the jet is exactly the same as I remembered.

Alright ! Will give it a spin sometime then. Last I played it when I bought the Naval Strike expansion.

I wonder how much EA has hurt the Battlefield brand. Surely a lot of players are simply not even going to bother with the next title. As much as they insisted the company has changed, it clearly hasn't. You can't shove a product like this out the door without even testing it.

I got bored of GT6. Every race is exactly the same thing. There are side races you can do that are different, but the main races are all 100% catch-up. I don't have any friends who play this online.

^^ although performance-wise, the game is still a stuttery mess if your CPU too busy. BF3 and BFBC2 handle it much better (it gradually delete sounds until CPU free again).

EDIT:
btw the players in BF4 now are much more balanced than years ago.

Finally the game is ready? And what do we get as an apology? A refund? Or at least a message from DICE with: "We are very sorry! We were quite incompetent, it was all our fault but we promise to try to improve."

Gaming business is really a joke! There is no rights for customers, game devs and publisher do whatever they want and publish broken unfinished products at high costs, without taking responsibility...see DriveClub as the last example.

Don't drag DriveClub into this. The game was given a full extra year, and the main gameplay is IMHO pretty much flawless (having almost finished the single player game). It's a shame they have issues with the online but the game is only out for 7 days now (8 in the US).

Don't drag DriveClub into this. The game was given a full extra year, and the main gameplay is IMHO pretty much flawless (having almost finished the single player game). It's a shame they have issues with the online but the game is only out for 7 days now (8 in the US).

But they sold a broken product. Online does not work. This is half of the game. Especially considering they had another extra year. Don't even talk about replays here...ashame to release such a product!

/end of ot

Well after a week the problems are almost solved. I had leaderboards even in the evening yesterday. I am not used to successful games having working online day one, and this one isn't that much worse. And the single player is so very awesome. Anyway, enough off-topic.

anyone interested the premium pack is on offer on PSN and it's cross buy so you can buy the PS3 version and get the PS4 version (PS+ price is £10.79!)

Back