Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

I got a few matches in yesterday, and it seems like BF4 game play is closer to COD than it ever has been. I guess that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it feels a bit too "run and gun" now. Oh well, just need to get back into the groove I guess. Been playing a mech simulator on the PC for the last several months, so I gotta get used to controller aiming again.

A few of the MP maps look absolutely fantastic, but others look disappointingly last gen. I can't remember the names. Seems like a lot of inconsistency here, especially in the quality of the lighting, but I'm certainly not an expert in such things. I just know ass when I see it, and a few of the maps had both cheeks on full display. MP has been pretty lag free as far as I can tell. The only weirdness occurs when you run really close to a teammate, then there is some movement "glitchy-ness" that feels like lag. I haven't experienced any crashes yet. The frame rate feels very stable even with all hell breaking loose.

By the way, I'm playing on the Bone.

I've had four client crashes in the last 36 hours plus one or two (server crash?) boots back to the main menu. I make sure that every crash report sent to Sony includes what I think of EA releasing a game in this state.

=)

Cheers

Now you guys know why I skipped this one. EA makes very few good games IMO.

With that being said, my son bought it anyway and he seems to like it.

I've had four client crashes in the last 36 hours plus one or two (server crash?) boots back to the main menu. I make sure that every crash report sent to Sony includes what I think of EA releasing a game in this state.

Sounds like a bit of bad luck. I've racked up around 22 hours of online game time (which I think is a lot considering I've only had it for 9 days) and I've only had it happen to me once so far. Maybe it runs better here in Europe, given there may be less units going around, but I'm just really impressed. The only flaw I've had so far turns out to be not related to the game itself (the controller lag / latency), so not something I could fault the game.

I've played all the Call of Duty games on PS3 each for a substantial amount (100+ hours each) and BF4 is very similar, but IMO better. Can't compare it with Ghosts, since I didn't get that, but I don't feel I need to. I also like the added realism a bit and the huge amounts of weapons and attachments. The maps are also good too.

Only criticism so far is that the battlelog stuff is extremely weak - not much of info and it's all kind of difficult to even get up a decent leaderboard comparing various stats against your buddy list. Also, it's a shame you can only customize your weapons / class in the match lobby and/or only mute people from your squad when you died, not during the match.

I am also yet to figure out how to create a private match to try out a bit of stuff - but this hasn't been a priority yet. Apart from that, very solid online experience for me so far and no worse than CoD on the PS3.

Now you guys know why I skipped this one. EA makes very few good games IMO.

With that being said, my son bought it anyway and he seems to like it.

The game is awesome when it works. I've had very few problems compared to a lot of people, but I have had client crashes between matches and slight difficulty connecting to servers at times. That's the best case scenario, which is not particularly good. No idea how dice can be screwing up so badly like this. There must be a dozen Battlefield games if you include all the free to play ones. Seems just about every Battlefield launch is bumpy, and Battlefield 3 never really got fixed and they just rammed Battlefield 4 out there and it's worse.

Like i said, when the game works, it's fantastic. I had a lot of fun playing last night.

I just about have AT mines unlocked. When that happens, the game will turn into "Vehicles May Cry".

I tried playing again yesterday. In under 90 minutes I had 5 crashes. What a sad state of affairs that the game is released in this state. It's more annoying because it's bloody good when it works.

I wouldn't mind getting BF4 refund...I can wait to see if Dice ever fixes the game before buying it again. In total, I payed about 110 Euros for the game and DLC...really not worth it imo.

Well, lesson learned finally, no preorder/day one of a Dice game anymore.

I think non server issues will be solved by mantle only because amd will be on overwatch and wont let them release something that makes mantle look rubbish.

I haven't purchased any premium content for BF4, but I can say I haven't experienced any issues so far on the XBone version. Maybe I will with more play time, but so far it's been pretty smooth (other than getting my ass shot off repeatedly by 10 year old campers).

More than one camper. Those buggers are everywhere.

Pro tip: If you are about to run by a dark stairwell (or any dark area really), just go ahead and throw a grenade in there first. Or an anti tank rocket.

I almost feel like connections have gotten worse for me since last week. I'm experiencing more game crashes and disconnects than before. Once I'm on a server I can usually play a couple rounds before i get a crash, so maybe an hour of play before crash. It sucks, but I'm enjoying playing when it works.

Also, I turned that network smoothing factor setting back up a bit. I was having problem with bullet registrations at 0%. Moving it back up to 30% seemed to help. Default is 50%.

I'm not sure how it's possible, but after the Xbox One patch I feel like the game has gotten more unstable. I haven't had a game crash, but me and my friend seem to be having more issues connecting to servers. Battlefield's rep is getting trashed right now. I won't be buying Dice's next game at launch, whatever it is. I'll wait it out until all of the bullshit is sorted.

They should have waited for the game to be done rather than trying to grab COD's share by just throwing it out. Reputations cannot be rebuilt overnight and there are so many friends of mine who were super excited about it and now bitching about the PC version all day n night.

On PS3, the game has no issues at all, surprisingly.

They should have waited for the game to be done rather than trying to grab COD's share by just throwing it out. Reputations cannot be rebuilt overnight and there are so many friends of mine who were super excited about it and now bitching about the PC version all day n night.

On PS3, the game has no issues at all, surprisingly.

Yeah, I haven't heard any bad things about PS3 or 360. PC version sounds like it's the worst of the bunch.

I really enjoy the game when it works. Seems clear to me it shouldn't have come out until the spring or summer at the earliest. A full year probably would have been a good idea. Battlefield 3 could have had more legs.

Back