Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

I cant speak to the gameplay but I dled the beta on 360 and did my usual take a look around for 5 minutes never to return routine...

I dont know if it's next gen graphics have taken hold more than I thought or what, but it's terribly ugly.

I think the wide open, many players, vehicles etc multiplayer, REALLY takes a toll on graphics.

To give you an idea here's the quickest 360 version vid I could find on YT

Having downloaded and played both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions it seems the PS3 is rendering at the same resolution as BF3 (1280x704/8-pixel borders) while the Xbox 360 version is rendering at something lower as the black bars look a lot bigger. Maybe the new features to the frostbite engine + deferred shading set-up are proving a bit too much on 360 hardware.

Both betas are awful though. I've experienced console freezing on both of them and there are times with the 360 version where the textures just fail to load. BUT, this is a beta so it's to be expected. Time for one more game of domination!

Having downloaded and played both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions it seems the PS3 is rendering at the same resolution as BF3 (1280x704/8-pixel borders) while the Xbox 360 version is rendering at something lower as the black bars look a lot bigger. Maybe the new features to the frostbite engine + deferred shading set-up are proving a bit too much on 360 hardware.

Both betas are awful though. I've experienced console freezing on both of them and there are times with the 360 version where the textures just fail to load. BUT, this is a beta so it's to be expected. Time for one more game of domination!

Thats weird, I can almost bet its clearer than BF3. Bf3 looks very blurred when compared to BF4.

Maybe they changed post AA from BF3 thus reducing blur?

Could be. But IiRC, they had a special AA solution for the ps3. Maybe they changed it or bettered it.

BTW, loving Domintation on this map !!!! Now I am back in theg roove with the new controls, movement etc and its a totally different game, but its BF. Just that, to me, it doesn't feel one bit like bF3.

Btw, not getting points for revives or healing. Wish they add Rush to the beta. Please DICe

Last edited by a moderator:
So what about the Resolution on both Currentgen consoles?

PS3:
battlefield4beta_16jad1.png

Xbox 360
62b39d8e_MediaCaptureGame1X2013-10-0201-02-20-776.png

Looks like the 360 version has more missing pixels (the black bars)

I just remembered in the beta's defense, the BF3 PS3 beta was atrocious and crammed with bugs and ugliness, probably much worse than this beta. Final game especially campaign will likely look much better.

I just remembered in the beta's defense, the BF3 PS3 beta was atrocious and crammed with bugs and ugliness, probably much worse than this beta. Final game especially campaign will likely look much better.

The beta is already looking better than bf3 pn the ps3. And it seems like old code, cos there are many bugs and unfinished stuff in there.

BTW, I know we can't bring down big stuff, but the HD destruction from the CQC DLC is in a lot of places. I was suprised to see lampposts falling down. Also, the glass shattering, the Red Sculptures and Lion Statues crumbling all make it come alive. I was of the view that those red sculptures would chip only on next gen versions. There have been many times when I was just breaking those red sculptures for fun and got killed. At one point i was trying to break the Lion statue and my whole squad joined in :LOL:, revealing everyone's positions :p

EDIT: Played some conquest now, th emap has so many alternate routes to every objective and lower and raising those bridge stoppers are really effective. Falling in love slowly and gradually :) . and whatever these screens may look like, the game is very pretty on the ps3 and smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am completely sold on BF4 now. Pre oredered on the ps3, will buy discounted when my ps4 arrives. Sony still hasn't given us any clue whne, but UAE is getting it in December, so we can't be far behind.

Has anyone tried the Obliteration mode yet ? The servers are live now, just go to server browser and select the mode in filters to show its servers.

I joined a game and my ps3 froze when I picked up the bomb. Haven't got time since then.

I am completely sold on BF4 now. Pre oredered on the ps3, will buy discounted when my ps4 arrives. Sony still hasn't given us any clue whne, but UAE is getting it in December, so we can't be far behind.

Why for the love of god would you play the PS3 version first and have your SP ruined by the less than stellar graphics and sub HD res? Just hold on for a few weeks mate:).

Why for the love of god would you play the PS3 version first and have your SP ruined by the less than stellar graphics and sub HD res? Just hold on for a few weeks mate:).

One: Sony hasn't yet announced any release date for ps4 in my conutry, though we are expecting decmeber or feb. But its all speculation.
Two: I payed the SP of BF3 after one year of playing MP everyday :LOL: ! So, yeah, I think I will play the SP on PS4 only :p !

Anyways, I could not help pre ordering after lpaying the Beta for 2 days. The discount deal helped in the decision too. In fact, it ill be nice to see the upgrade and feel good about my hardware when I contnue my game on the ps4 :cool:. Although, having played BF3 on my PC, I won't be as Wowed as KZSF would wow on the PS4 ! Can't wait for that game !

One: Sony hasn't yet announced any release date for ps4 in my conutry, though we are expecting decmeber or feb. But its all speculation.
Two: I payed the SP of BF3 after one year of playing MP everyday :LOL: ! So, yeah, I think I will play the SP on PS4 only :p !

Anyways, I could not help pre ordering after lpaying the Beta for 2 days. The discount deal helped in the decision too. In fact, it ill be nice to see the upgrade and feel good about my hardware when I contnue my game on the ps4 :cool:. Although, having played BF3 on my PC, I won't be as Wowed as KZSF would wow on the PS4 ! Can't wait for that game !

Ah fair nuf, personally I'll wait for the DF reviews of those cross gen multiplats for nextgen consoles before I drop any cash on them day one. Hope the PS4 version holds up.

Back