Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

According to xboxwire BF4 is running at 60fps (no indication of resolution) will use Kinect to do headtracking and smartglass to do overhead map attack views.

http://microsoft-news.com/battlefield-4-to-utilize-kinect-controls/

Exact quote is promising

In multiplayer, we’re delivering the epic 64-player battles that consoles players have been asking for. On Xbox One, the game will also be running at 60 fps without sacrificing the features that makes “Battlefield” great – all-out vehicle warfare, destruction, huge maps, and team play.

Kind of almost makes it understandable why they're not hitting 1080P, at least in multiplayer. 64 players+60FPS= hugely demanding.

720P+ on PS4 last we heard (more than 720P, but not specified). No word about XBO version specifically.

More than 720p in the developer environment,lets see if optimization for the actual hardware translates to *more than 720p* and single player most likely will suffer the same considering the fact that Single player graphics > Multiplayer graphics.

More than 720p in the developer environment,lets see if optimization for the actual hardware translates to *more than 720p* and single player most likely will suffer the same considering the fact that Single player graphics > Multiplayer graphics.

On PC multiplayer is significantly more demanding. If your card gets X FPS in SP it will get less in MP.

I cant see them going with one resolution for SP and another for MP though, never heard of that.

On PC multiplayer is significantly more demanding. If your card gets X FPS in SP it will get less in MP.

I cant see them going with one resolution for SP and another for MP though, never heard of that.

It is more demanding yet keeping it looking as good as the single player,on consoles the single player looks good but MP side always looks worst..i don't see them having different resolutions for the single player either..

Oh boy...these offscreen captures are kind of booo.
Why would a company led there product be represented like this?
Where are the proper gamersyde direct feed vids?

Oh boy...these offscreen captures are kind of booo.
Why would a company led there product be represented like this?
Where are the proper gamersyde direct feed vids?
Yes, they don't make any justice to the game. You can barely discern the details at all. Other than that, I hope the water in the final game looks like the water in the E3 video, which seemed to look a lot better, more tessellated and realistic.

BF4 XBO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjfyosmgoU8

Oh and the gaffer who took the vid's impressions:

I was definitely impressed considering that I went in with low expectations after IGNs poor preview of it. It ran as smooth as butter and the textures seemed solid. They could have sold it to me on the spot that's how finished it looked.

And when asked versus 360 version of BF3:

bro comparing it to the 360 version is an insult. It's definitely in the same league as PC. at the distance most people sit from their TV's I doubt there would be much to compare between PC and Next Gen Battlefield unless you really scrutinize it imho

BF4 XBO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjfyosmgoU8

Oh and the gaffer who took the vid's impressions:

And when asked versus 360 version of BF3:
I can only hope that the game is sufficiently smooth as silk as it seems to be in the video. The overall quality of the video is quite average though.

I couldn't download Reiko's video, when I click on the Download button the browsers asks me if I want to download a file that weighs 345 bytes.

Dont worry, that crap video isn't worth a download.

Some gaffer said EA was policing the play area pretty heavily, but I still hope to see more guerrilla cam footage from this event.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09...un-at-720p-60-fps-ea-representative-confirms/

ONE 720p@60fps

Both the Xbox One and PS4 version of Battlefield 4 have been showcased running at 720p resolution and 60 FPS during trade shows, but as confirmed by Frostbite Technical Director Johan Andersson on Twitter, it runs at a higher resolution in the PS4 developer environment and the final resolution will be apparent when the game will launch

900p on PS4? I don't think EA will release a better version of BF4 on PS4 now they have a deal with MS for obvious (political) reasons.

Back