Battlefield 4 official discussion/thread. [PS4,XO,PS3,X360]

It looks like the Xbox One version of the game is going to need some extra optimisation, which I am okay with, as long as they make it easy to implement (program)
I can see lots of potential for something like that.

Placing a mine for instance isn't generally a twitch thing, so you could have a deliberate motion where a player moves their controller towards their feet.

Slight drawback in that you have to move the controller. Slight benefit in that you don't have to switch to a mine to place it meaning you can have an alternate item that might be required at a seconds notice always at hand. As well both hands are still always on the controller, meaning you can instantly react to something if needed (unlike say a throwing motion with a grenade).

Voice commands are another obvious one for things that don't require twitch reflexes to use but might otherwise require switching away from an item that is required for twitch reactions.

Now that Kinect is standard on all machines, it allows developers to go ahead and include Kinect features that aren't core to the gameplay without feeling that most of their target audience won't have access to them. Or more importantly, potentially give an unfair advantage to someone with Kinect versus someone without Kinect.

Regards,
SB
Those things sound really interesting. Being able to make hand signals and the like I can think of some uses for the motion sensor in Battlefield 4 Single Player or even Multiplayer.

During scripted melee fights instead of having to press a sequence of specific buttons it'd be more involving to perform these actions by yourself and captured by Kinect.

I wonder if we will play someday like this, but it'd be TRULY awesome!! :smile:

During scripted melee fights instead of having to press a sequence of specific buttons it'd be more involving to perform these actions by yourself and captured by Kinect.

I wouldn't expect anything overly complex. And definitely no replacements for something that needs to happen NOW. BF4 is being positioned against the COD juggernaut for online multiplayer. For them to succeed it has to have silky smooth and fast controls for the important things (shooting, melee, movement, aiming, flying, driving, etc.). So I'd say anything along those lines likely won't rely on Kinect. It's when you get outside of those things that Kinect can provide some help by providing the user with a way to do things without switching away from the things that may require split second reactions.

Placing a mine or a claymore. Entering/exiting a vehicle. Switching seats in a vehicle. Calling in an artillery strike. Placing demo charges on stationary targets of high importance and then detonating those charges. Giving orders to NPC squad members (single player). Perhaps enabling/disabling night vision. Lots of possibilities that won't impact twitch shooting mechanics.

Regards,
SB

I wonder if we will play someday like this, but it'd be TRULY awesome!! :smile:

what is he doing?

if he wear oculus rift,
hold a gun with PS-move tech
and being captured by Kinect

then i understand why he does all that extravagant movements

EDIT:
how can the schoolboy beside him play so calm? O_O

Btw if kinect used as voice command + voice chat on BF4 MP that will work in the middle of conversation. It will be awesome.

for example,
-> Guys, focus on MCOM A.
It will make the game highlight MCOM A as target.

>Hey, give me ammo!
It will make the game flash NEED AMMO icon.

>Spot, Spot, Spot
Automaticaly placing doritos above enemy head for every spoken "spot". This is very useful because the spot button on BF is bugged since BFBC2 to BF3. Im sure it will be buggy again on BF4.

etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Pressing a button to switch seats in a vehicle was not so inconvenient that I would willingly trade graphical fidelity to do it by waving my hand.

the most useful feature of new battlelog is the spying of geo location.
it will make offline meetup easier.

but how accurate is it?
My ISP (biggest ISP in my country) have wrong geo ip all over the place (im on City X, geoip show me on another island). It also have weird ip range. Sometime its 180.x.x.x, 60.x.x.x, 125.x.x.x, 30.x.x.x ,etc.

as for the other features, i think i will disable it. I prefer playing game with stable and lowest ping possible.

i guess ill wait for BF4 beta to test it.

the most useful feature of new battlelog is the spying of geo location.
it will make offline meetup easier.

but how accurate is it?
My ISP (biggest ISP in my country) have wrong geo ip all over the place (im on City X, geoip show me on another island). It also have weird ip range. Sometime its 180.x.x.x, 60.x.x.x, 125.x.x.x, 30.x.x.x ,etc.

as for the other features, i think i will disable it. I prefer playing game with stable and lowest ping possible.

i guess ill wait for BF4 beta to test it.

Speaknig of which, when is the Beta? I was supposed to get access to it from my premium account.

EDIT: Also, it would be great to actually see some PS4 footage. I am supremely impressed by the visuals shown, yes, especially the SP demo, but I can't really feel excited as this is all PC footage. Unless we actually see some PS4/XBOne footage I am not considering this as a next gen visual overhaul ! Till then The Order and Infamous rule the next gen for me !

Pressing a button to switch seats in a vehicle was not so inconvenient that I would willingly trade graphical fidelity to do it by waving my hand.

Exactly my thoughts on everything touch based and gesture based. Pressing a button is always quicker, can be repeated quickly with accurate results and a response is immediate and guaranteed ! and u always know when it is done.

Gesture and touch controls are great for fun family games and in fact bring a lOT of fun, but please keep them away from anything even remotely competitive. We need tight and super responsive controls for something like BF or any competitive game.

please, add buttons on new controllers if you have to, but please keep everything on buttons. Thats the reason my iPad could never really become a viable gaming device and why my Vita remained glued to my hands every night !

More gameplay here,though I don't understand the language:

Attack chopper here:
How the hell do people fly so well :p ! I am always an infantry soldier !
Is there no NDA in effect?

renegade, for me its the reverse.

how can people walk and shoot so well? most of the time im stuck on spawn screen waiting for any air vehicle spawn lol

btw i can translate a bit.
its titled
BF4: Under the magnifying glass :p

More gameplay here,though I don't understand the language:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcA5QdUK-HQ">YouTube Link</a>

Attack chopper here:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-thr-A5X6CM">YouTube Link</a>
How the hell do people fly so well :p ! I am always an infantry soldier !
Is there no NDA in effect?

I was always infantry until a friend showed me a level where I could practice flying choppers. After some hours of that I was ready to go!

It's quite fun to take the smallest chopper inside buildings to make havoc

Honestly, it looks a little too easy to take down a skyscraper. They should be able to find a happy medium between BC2's "level the entire map" and BF3's "These walls are adamantium!" gameplay.

from the trailers, BF4 have a very inconsistent destruction. Special building have levelution, normal building are uncollapsable and indestructible, a few building parts are destructible.

how can i make strategy with a game that's so inconsistent?

For me,
the destruction inconsistencies of BF3 was the number 1 problem/confusion in making strategy.

How can i know which building that can collapse?
How can i know which building that can be chipped away?
How can i know which wall that can be blown away?
How can i know which partition that can be blown away?

Those things still happen on BF4 gameplay videos. There are no clear distinction between types of destructibility.

BFBC2 was a good example of a game that clearly tell the player which one is destructible and indestructible.

Building with steel frame - Immortal.
Other than that* = mortal.

*wall, bridge, ground, land, trees, partition, roof, wood

Back