Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

Ugh, mine is still preparing for shipment... A buddy of mine has gotten notification that the 2 PS4's he ordered have shipped.

I ordered from Amazon and thru last night they were saying expected delivery was the 20th thru the 22nd, which I was ok with because I did the cheapest shipping method. Well today I check and my order shows shipped with an expected delivery date of 11/15! So I will end up getting my system on the 15th and I paid 5 bucks for shipping!

Now I just got to decide if I'm going to use the savings to buy a camera or a game.....

Well I got my tracking number from BB.

UPS Ground, shipped out of Fresno, suppose to be here in the Bay Area by end of day tomorrow, whenever End of Day is.

Not sure if it requires a signature though.

I have to say I will never preorder from Amazon again. I preordered on 11June here in Spain.

They sent me a link last week to "upgrade" to a bundle I changed to that since it was a bit more expensive but included two controllers camera and killzone. To do this you have to cancel your existing preorder and order the new offer. Later it transpired that the advertised bundle was for the uk only and the Spanish one I had bought didn't included these extras. I complained and they told me to cancel and they would discount a standalone unit if I ordered one. They did.

Yesterday I received an email telling me since I ordered after the 29th of October I won't get a launch day unit, in fact probably after Christmas . I have complained several times but nothing.

Amazon are shaping up to be the most incompetent places to buy a console from I have ever had the displeasure to deal with.

Utterly incompetent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only KZSF so far. Will check out PSN.

Plan to buy Knack and BF4 next week or after Thanksgiving (coz I'm going away).

The unit is up now. It's elegant, compact and light.

Haven't tried BT keyboard. Support for USB keyboard is pretty basic. Can't tab from one edit field to the next button. I think the WPA password field does not accept USB keyboard input.

Other than that, so far so good. PSN is getting hammered. 30 minutes (70MB out of 323MB done) to go for 1.5 update.

EDIT:
Yes I did get the camera. Can't wait to try tomorrow. Leaving the update to PS4 now...

Only KZSF so far. Will check out PSN.

Plan to buy Knack and BF4 next week or after Thanksgiving (coz I'm going away).

The unit is up now. It's elegant.

Haven't tried BT keyboard. Support for USB keyboard is pretty basic. Can't tab from one edit field to the next button. I think the WPA password field does not accept USB keyboard input.

Other than that, so far so good. PSN is getting hammered. 30 minutes (70MB out of 323MB done) to go for 1.5 update.

EDIT:
Yes I did get the camera. Can't wait to try tomorrow. Leaving the update to PS4 now...

You know about Target's B2G1 free promotion right? If you intend to pick up 3 games its hard to beat.....

http://www.target.com/c/video-games/-/N-5xtg5#?lnk=gnav_video games_10_0

can be used with 30% off coupon for bigger savings too....

Ok, it's all set up now. ^_^

Posting from PS4 web browser. Good night folks !

Edit: Bugger I'm still awake at home. The browser is noticeably slower than iOS. Sony may have chosen to optimize for memory usage.

Ok, it's all set up now. ^_^

Posting from PS4 web browser. Good night folks !

Edit: Bugger I'm still awake at home. The browser is noticeably slower than iOS. Sony may have chosen to optimize for memory usage.

Please posts first system impressions in the appropriate thread or create a new one. Let's try to keep this thread purely about preorder info and help for preorders.

My Xbox One pre-order is due next week. (I hope so, I have planned my entire weekend already)

Game sent me a message to ensure which pre-order pack I wanted. I have the console pre-ordered since June and there are two options for my bundle -both feature two free games-. :p

One pack is:

Xbox One + Kinect + gamepad + FIFA 14 (downloadable game) + Ryse D1

The other pack is:

Xbox One + Kinect + gamepad + FIFA 14 (downloadable game) + Forza 5 D1.

I chose the Ryse pack because I reserved Forza 5 Limited Edition at Game.

Too bad we get no free game in the US.:rolleyes:
Ideally they should give you a game for free there. It's not that the console is ridiculously expensive but I wouldn't call it cheap either, especially knowing the price of the next gen consoles.

Two free games is good news, but that would be too much. The second free game has nothing to do with MS but it is a Game deal.

I also pre-ordered the Turtle Beach Ear Force XO4 headset for the Xbox One, which costs 89€ here (Game). I am not entirely sure, I think they are Stereo, but they should be better than my TV's speakers.

Game has also other interesting deals here, for those who have the Xbox One pre-order card, you can save up to 15€ in the games you buy at launch.

EDIT: Game has confirmed via email that my copy of Assassin's Creed IV is ready to be shipped -although I should wait til November 22th- for delivery. No news for now about my pack, second controller + plug and play cable, plus the other games I reserved. They told me that next Tuesday at most everything should be ready for confirmation and payment before shipping it -Friday 22th most probably, of course-.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was hoping at least a discount or coupon or something but no...Amazon doesn't have any "deals" for X1 preorders which is a shame really.

Back