Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

It's pretty straightforward. Everything carries over. Your PSN ID along with your PS+ membership. You'll log into PSN on the PS4 using the same UID as with your PS3 and Vita. PS+ benefits are persistent across all platforms for the same fee (one membership covers all platforms).

Thanks a bunch for your answer, wow, so that means all the time I have paid in advance will pay doubly off :) (IIRC, paid PSN+ until summer of next year).

Gamestop is opening up more xbox preorders. I dunno how many they will have or if they are day one editions

Checked with gamestop here all preorders before August should be good on the first ps4 shipment. After that they are in trouble. Seems that some of the early August preorders might get lucky.

It would appear that France has run out of its entire allotment of PS4's. No guaranteed stock until 2014. I wonder how big the allotment to an entire country would be?

Releasing in 32 countries, individual supplies can't be that numerous. 1.5 million units would be less than 50 thousand per country. Obviously stock will be weighted by region, but we can't be looking at much over 100l for most large countries, unless Sony's launch in some smaller countries is just a token gesture of a few thousand units.

Checked with gamestop here all preorders before August should be good on the first ps4 shipment. After that they are in trouble. Seems that some of the early August preorders might get lucky.

gamestop still doesn't know how many ps4 or xbox one's they will get.

Wow. I've now heard from both Amazon UK and GAME UK and both retailers have said that they've had their stocks confirmed by Sony and have had bundles made available so I can upgrade both.

Amazing some retailers, particularly bigguns, don't know what their stock will be. Perhaps Sony Europe are more organised than Sony America.

My gamestop called those that pre-ordered from August and forward and told them not to expect to be in the first wave. I don't think they have an exact number but they have a good estimate from Sony :)

My gamestop called those that pre-ordered from August and forward and told them not to expect to be in the first wave. I don't think they have an exact number but they have a good estimate from Sony :)

That's why the Day 1 edition X1 is cool. If you ordered it, you're getting it on day 1. You dont have to play these maybe-maybe not will the store honor my place in line etc games.

Simplifies things a lot for preorders.

That's why the Day 1 edition X1 is cool. If you ordered it, you're getting it on day 1. You dont have to play these maybe-maybe not will the store honor my place in line etc games.

Simplifies things a lot for preorders.
uh... if you order the launch PS4 you are also guaranteed to have it day one.
Just buy it from retailers who honor the launch versus standard designation, like amazon.

Was gonna wait to buy a PS4 but I found a deal too good to pass on. For any canucks on here, Shop.ca has the launch KZ SF bundle with 2 controllers for the regular price of 519.97. But if you go through ebates.ca, you get 20% cashback, and there's a $10 off coupon (shopebates) AND you get $25 a credit just for signing up at shop.ca. Total after cashback, coupon and $25 credit is ~433 including taxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was gonna wait to buy a PS4 but I found a deal too good to pass on. For any canucks on here, Shop.ca has the launch KZ SF bundle with 2 controllers for the regular price of 519.97. But if you go through ebates.ca, you get 20% cashback, and there's a $10 off coupon (shopebates) AND you get $25 a credit just for signing up at shop.ca. Total after cashback, coupon and $25 credit is ~433 including taxes.

Nice find.

What's the actual total at checkout, however?

~$536.

ebates will give you cashback via paypal or cheque, but the payouts are every 3 months (February, May, August, November) and must be >$5.

Just buy it from retailers who honor the launch versus standard designation, like amazon.

The Argument is that Microsoft has a dedicated Day 1 edition, those that ordered that will get it on Day 1 but afaik there were confusion on exactly what people ordered because, surprise, there was confusion on how many Day 1 there would be. I guess they will have consoles that is sold on day 1 without the Day 1 markings..

And i will get my local day 1 edition 4-6 months after the US day 1 edition.. :)

The Argument is that Microsoft has a dedicated Day 1 edition, those that ordered that will get it on Day 1 but afaik there were confusion on exactly what people ordered because, surprise, there was confusion on how many Day 1 there would be. I guess they will have consoles that is sold on day 1 without the Day 1 markings..

There wasn't any confusion. The only way to really do this is to produce more Xboxen for day 1 than needed, that should be obvious. If you think you can likely build 1.5m for day 1, designate 1m as day 1. That way if you come in at only 1.2m, you're still good. But that will leave 200k non day 1's going on day 1. But that doesn't matter, that's gravy, those people weren't promised day 1.

And i will get my local day 1 edition 4-6 months after the US day 1 edition.. :)

Wow, there's staggered release dates, just like the PS4 in Japan. Amazing. You will get it day 1 for your country, as you already know.

Many retailers, like Wal Mart (largest USA retailer) did not. Amazon was on the ball so they created their own distinction. Regardless, the situation is more muddy and confusing for lack of day 1 edition. Hence the original post I replied to where the guy was speculating August was the arbitrary pre-order cutoff date for getting your PS4 day 1 or not. Dont worry, I'm sure Sony will have figured it out by PS5.

I agree if you're smart enough, get the Amazon guaranteed edition. However only like 5% of people will do that. And it's still confusing since it's the same PS4, the only difference is Amazon making a different SKU (or landing page on the web) where there is none.

This is how past console launches were always done, but it seems pretty clear to me day 1 editions are a great idea and they should be adopted industry wide going forward. You also get a little bit of collecters factor or making the buyer feel special and all that jazz (though naturally I would have preferred they added more value than just cosmetic, such as a free year of Gold).

In other news, today marks 5 weeks until US release of PS4 (of course X1 one week after)...

There wasn't any confusion. The only way to really do this is to produce more Xboxen for day 1 than needed, that should be obvious. If you think you can likely build 1.5m for day 1, designate 1m as day 1. That way if you come in at only 1.2m, you're still good. But that will leave 200k non day 1's going on day 1. But that doesn't matter, that's gravy, those people weren't promised day 1.

Wow, there's staggered release dates, just like the PS4 in Japan. Amazing. You will get it day 1 for your country, as you already know.

Many retailers, like Wal Mart (largest USA retailer) did not. Amazon was on the ball so they created their own distinction. Regardless, the situation is more muddy and confusing for lack of day 1 edition. Hence the original post I replied to where the guy was speculating August was the arbitrary pre-order cutoff date for getting your PS4 day 1 or not. Dont worry, I'm sure Sony will have figured it out by PS5.

I agree if you're smart enough, get the Amazon guaranteed edition. However only like 5% of people will do that. And it's still confusing since it's the same PS4, the only difference is Amazon making a different SKU (or landing page on the web) where there is none.

This is how past console launches were always done, but it seems pretty clear to me day 1 editions are a great idea and they should be adopted industry wide going forward. You also get a little bit of collecters factor or making the buyer feel special and all that jazz (though naturally I would have preferred they added more value than just cosmetic, such as a free year of Gold).

In other news, today marks 5 weeks until US release of PS4 (of course X1 one week after)...

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings for the xbone mate, chill.

There clearly was confusion about the day1 edition. Which is obvious since Microsoft didn't know how many they would or could produce when they announced it. And the retailers did not know how many they would get when they started to take orders. Just like it always is with launch units.

I still don't know what I get with my day 1 edition, fifa 14? Forza? Nothing? Am I even sure I get the day 1 edition when it's a local day 1 thing now. What about that live gold for a year?

Let's pretend it was a new way to handle a launch and not a marketing ploy to boost preorders? Sony could have done the same, simply printing a day one tag on all the controllers they produced up and until the cut off day for shipping to the launch dates or?

Positive experience (so far) with ASDA in UK.

Committed £20 about a year ago to a PS4 pre-order deal, and they promised they'd email me when it was time to confirm.
Email arrived yesterday, saying I had 14 days to commit in order to get a guaranteed day-on- delivery - or else they'd give my PS4 to someone else...

£461 in total; including second DS controller, PS4 eye, Killzone SF & Battlefield 4.

Fingers crossed they don't screw it up!

Back