Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

I think they need to be the ancient technology physical copy of the game too, in order to get the bonuses.

Appears to be a day one edition with Forza available as a download instead of FIFA.
I think I am going to get the FIFA 14 bundle, which is the one I pre-ordered back in June when we didn't know about the free game bundled with the console.

Not that I am actually in favour of having FIFA 14 instead of Forza 5, (not quite the opposite either since I like both games) but the Forza 5 bundle has sold out.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/f...e_forza_motorsport_5_bundle_has_sold_out.html

I will probably purchase the Limited Edition of Forza 5 separately.

I think they need to be the ancient technology physical copy of the game too, in order to get the bonuses.

I do believe I heard you can download the digital editions within a certain time frame and still receive the "Day One" content. I have no proof of this, and it may simply have been a lucid dream. :p

US Microsoft Stores are out of stock on Day One Editions. Supposedly UK Microsoft Store still has some though.

Tommy McClain

Over the last few hours I've received updates from Amazon US to indicate that my Controller + Play and Charge Kit, standalone Play and Charge Kit, and now finally my XBO have new estimated arrival dates of November 22nd. The Shipping option, however, hasn't yet converted properly to "Release Date Delivery". A mere formality, I suspect.

US Microsoft Stores are out of stock on Day One Editions. Supposedly UK Microsoft Store still has some though.

Tommy McClain

Wow finally.

Best Buy still has them though.

Interesting wording on the Ms store Xbox now

While this product won’t be available for shipping on release date, we will ship as soon as we can before December 31st, depending on availability.

So I guess it's more or less "guaranteed before Christmas (yes it could be after Dec 25, but I doubt it)

Has there been anymore info on the KZ4/camera/extra controller PS4 bundle?

Just got an email from Amazon giving me the option to upgrade my pre-order to one of six bundles they have!

Bundle 1
Sony PlayStation 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) - £389
This bundle includes:
- Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4)
- Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
- 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4

Bundle 2
Sony PlayStation 4 and Watch Dogs (PS4) - £389
This bundle includes:
- Watch Dogs (PS4)

Bundle 3
Sony PlayStation 4 Action Pack (PS4) - £429
This bundle includes:
- Battlefield 4 (PS4)

Bundle 4
Sony PlayStation 4 Adrenalin Pack (PS4) - £429
This bundle includes:
- Need For Speed: Rivals (PS4)

Bundle 5
Sony PlayStation 4 Gamer Pack (PS4) - £449
This bundle includes:
- 2 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4
- PS4 camera

Bundle 6
Sony PlayStation 4 FIFA Mega Pack (PS4) - £489
This bundle includes:
- PS4 camera
- FIFA 14 (PS4)

Strange that they don't have a Digital Gamers pack. :LOL:

Bundle 666
Sony PlayStation 4 "Holy Crap Retailers Are in Trouble This Gen" Pack PS4) - £399
This bundle includes:
- PS4 camera
-Special Edition "Please Buy PSN Cards From Us" Hand Written Letter.

I'll be tempted to buy 50GB games on disc next gen too. Not sure it will be 'that' different for others. ;)

Games I play online frequently though, are still tempting to be played from HDD. But it may well be you're allowed to install those parts on HDD anyway and not need the disc. That would be interesting.

I'll be tempted to buy 50GB games on disc next gen too. Not sure it will be 'that' different for others. ;)

Games I play online frequently though, are still tempting to be played from HDD. But it may well be you're allowed to install those parts on HDD anyway and not need the disc. That would be interesting.

Whether digital or physical, the game will likely take up the same amount of space on your drive, based on the info we currently have. We have a pretty good idea as to how the "PlayGo" system works for physical copies. We know it dynamically caches data as its being accessed from the ODD to the HDD. We also know it transfers remaining data from the disc to the drive during periods of idle time until the entire disc is copied. The only thing we don't know is if that second activity is optional. No indication was giving if it was or not, but as it stands you'll be installing the entire game to your drive either way (albeit without a discrete upfront install). This is all based on the Gamasutra Cerny interview. Buying physical would, of course, help save your bandwidth caps if that affects you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's purely an access thing, and you're right that things get closer, but 50GB is still a lot of data to come through the pipeline, even more for people with caps.

If PSN maxes out my bandwidth, it is still 2hrs at 7MB/s.

Downloading a 50GB file would take me ~85 hours on a good day(s), or around 3 days!! It's not really an option :LOL:

Just got an email from Amazon giving me the option to upgrade my pre-order to one of six bundles they have!
Nothing from Amazon UK, who I pre-ordered with within days of PS4 pre-orders going live but I got similar offers from GAME UK, who I also pre-ordered with.

Giving serious consideration to keeping both, one for the lounge, one for the bedroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

don't know if this is the right thread, sorry if it is not.

Does anyone know how the PS4 PSN+ plus will work? Meaning, many of us already have PS3 PSN+, so do we need to have a new login for the PS4? Can the old one be reused?

How will it work with the Vita? AFAIK, only one account can be linked to the Vita.

Thanks in advance for your answers...

Hello,

don't know if this is the right thread, sorry if it is not.

Does anyone know how the PS4 PSN+ plus will work? Meaning, many of us already have PS3 PSN+, so do we need to have a new login for the PS4? Can the old one be reused?

How will it work with the Vita? AFAIK, only one account can be linked to the Vita.

Thanks in advance for your answers...

It's pretty straightforward. Everything carries over. Your PSN ID along with your PS+ membership. You'll log into PSN on the PS4 using the same UID as with your PS3 and Vita. PS+ benefits are persistent across all platforms for the same fee (one membership covers all platforms).

Nothing from Amazon UK, who I pre-ordered with within days of PS4 pre-orders going live but I got similar offers from GAME UK, who I also pre-ordered with.

Giving serious consideration to keeping both, one for the lounge, one for the bedroom.

I pre-ordered mine way back in May, as soon as they were available. It was the same with the XBone but I've since cancelled that.

I just want the VitaTV to get launched over here to extend the PS4 in other rooms in the house.

Back