What console do you *currently* intend to get? (Post E3 edition)

Having seen E3, what console do you *currently* intend to get?

• Total voters
I didnt vote, i liked some of the Xbox one games, but i found 80% of the games they showed(1st person shooter/ hybrids) boring. And there wasn't much of a jump from last gen.
Then i watched the ps4 press and it was just as boring for me, maybe ive lost it, or just maybe there wasn't what I was looking for. A sign of my times.

Even though I'm a plus subscriber the online multiplayer fee really soured Sony's conference. I am a huge Square fan from back in the day though and I'm more confident in Sony's studios than Microsoft's at this point. The console itself and the low price point have convinced me to pre-order.

Most of the MS conference was lukewarm for me aside from KI and Titanfall. The only other exclusive I cared about was Below from Capybara. Ryse was a huge disappointment, and there isn't enough to get excited about for Quantum Break. The live action companion show doesn't interest me at all. So for now Xbox One is in the wait and see category.

Isn't there a rule where the person starting a thread with a poll - is required to vote in said poll? :p
Where's your vote Shifty?

I myself am definitely getting a PS4, might get an Xbox One later but given how time poor I am I don't particularly want two systems to ration my limited gaming time between.

Last edited by a moderator:
My choice depends on how well the Xbox One additional features work in Europe. If the TV and the media features are cut down in Europe, there's not much additional value it brings over PS4. If all the extra features work, and it receives good reviews in that area, I am going to get it, since frankly I am fully disappointed on all HD set-top boxes / internet streaming boxes available here in Finland. All of them are complete bug filled garbage. If PS4 has good exclusives (like PS3 did), I am of course going to buy it. So I might get both (like I did the last time), but still unsure. Need to check the reviews first.

I have a 360, and was getting excited from the kinect2.
Then specs happened, and always on and all the rest. I was still expecting to but The One when the price goes down.

But now I can't see why I must buy it instead of a ps4.
My only concern is the sony controller that always ached my hands.
And the horrible console design too! XD but this round are both horrible XD

Already pre-ordered the PS4, gonna wait and see how much the XBONE ends up costing in Denmark and if Netflix is paywalled. But only a matter of when i get it , not if..

Voted PS4

Was planning on both assuming they each had decent games and the price balanced against value. The price difference tipped the PS4 in front, assuming nothing major changes in the gaming landscape of either.

I will add neither has a must have game from what I've seen so far. Too many multiplats and sequels to call either side exciting. Fingers crossed that some of the new IP turns out more interesting than what we've seen today.

Stealth edit... The PS4 is about half the PS3 price at launch. Crazy his far we've moved out of the crazy days.

X1 again. Extra functionality and games being the main draw. Sony still haven't showed much yet, though the price is good.

Even my son, who is a die hard 360 player, is so offended by X1 he doesnt want one. The notion that he can't take a game to a friend's house to play, etc. I doubt it will push him to a ps4, but it will likely make him lean more towards pc gaming. Davros would be proud.

Voted both, but leaning X1. Don't care about the DRM and price difference is minor considering Kinect included. Proud to say I actually like the Kinect integration. Hoping that it will actually drive AI development/interaction ala Cortana for the household.

At this point, I'm leaning PC now. I don't want to pay to play games online. The Xbone was a non-starter for me once they announced all the nonsense. If I do get a console, it will certainly be a PS4.

I was initially pro-PS4, but my interest died when they announced that online gaming would cost.
I'll stick solely with PC until Nintendo has released Mario, Zelda and Metroid

Kind of dissapointed with both of the consoles, but i usually are at this reveals, expecting always much more. I'll wait until next year, and see what kind of support both platforms have.

Even my son, who is a die hard 360 player, is so offended by X1 he doesnt want one. The notion that he can't take a game to a friend's house to play, etc.

All your son would need to do is login to his gamertag at a friend's house and then he has access to his entire full game library there. *shrug*

I can understand the frustrations behind what seems to be restrictions.

Both pre-ordered, but the better controller that does not hurt my hands will become my leading console. Unless PS4 can use both.

Pre-Ordered a One.

Still have no clue how I'll get it to work in my home theatre setup so right now it looks like it will go in my sons room. I believe MSFT previously stated that TV and Movie licenses would transfer which is quite a list for me (though I'm not sure I believe that's entirely true).

PS4 definitely looks interesting though so maybe thats my down the line purchase during a One software drought.

I haven't been day 1 on consoles since the original Xbox but I'll probably be queuing up for the PS4.

All your son would need to do is login to his gamertag at a friend's house and then he has access to his entire full game library there. *shrug*

I can understand the frustrations behind what seems to be restrictions.

And then he can install the game on the friend's X1? I guess he couldn't loan a game though, right?

Back