Sony Playstation E3 2013 Events

Nope. At least not directly. I can see how it could be crossed-over, maybe, but Sony complete missed that side of their presentation. I'm actually shocked. I thought E3 would spell at PS4 in complete terms. I'm a bit worried that it did and there's nothing much more than gaming and social gaming and chatting-while-gaming and having non-stop conversations all over your game.

Now we have to wait for one of the other shows to understand the product and whether Sony have completely backtracked on their 'casual gamer', fun, something-for-everyone beginnings, or whether they've just focussed completely on the hardware for E3. Europe would be a more likely candidate to show the features that Europe is more interested in, I guess, although in the internet age I don't see the regional boundaries making much sense.

I liked the game purchase on the phone with a download to PS4 option. Now if you could do that and then pick up your Vita and start playing as it was downloading whilst on your way home on the bus, that would be cool.

Nope. At least not directly. I can see how it could be crossed-over, maybe, but Sony complete missed that side of their presentation. I'm actually shocked. I thought E3 would spell at PS4 in complete terms. I'm a bit worried that it did and there's nothing much more than gaming and social gaming and chatting-while-gaming and having non-stop conversations all over your game.

Now we have to wait for one of the other shows to understand the product and whether Sony have completely backtracked on their 'casual gamer', fun, something-for-everyone beginnings, or whether they've just focussed completely on the hardware for E3. Europe would be a more likely candidate to show the features that Europe is more interested in, I guess, although in the internet age I don't see the regional boundaries making much sense.

Media Molecule's prototype is Move centric. It is possible we will see PSEye with MM, perhaps in Gamescom. I wonder if we will see SingStar or DanceStar there.

And maybe The Last Guardian for TGS ?

I think Sony's decision to not include the camera was a bad move. The Wii has proven that there is a whole crowd out there who buy into motion controls. WiiU lost the crowd
XBone made the feature standard and waiting form casuals and tech nuts to jump in.
Sony has mostly the core which is a market that also fits into the XBone profile. Is it me or have they limited their potential market? :-|

Media Molecule's prototype is Move centric. It is possible we will see PSEye with MM, perhaps in Gamescom. I wonder if we will see SingStar or DanceStar there.
Sure, but that's no better than we've had with PSEye. I was hoping Sony would take it up a notch and give as EyeToy 2, as opposed to EyeToy 1.2. The stereo cameras can be used for more than just Move tracking and one to two dance games, yet at the moment Sony have given no reason for anyone to buy the camera, so there's no reason for devs to support it.

If they show some amazing functionality for it (for real, and not concept vids like they did with EyeToy HD/PSEye), they can still turn it around, but at the moment it doesn't look good for Sony's camera support.

Someone should ask Shuhei about Sony's plan for PSEye. I wouldn't be surprised if MM's next game also support tablets for input though.

I wouldn't say that as they have researched into PSEye for a long time.

My feeling is time has changed. Plans need to be updated and rescheduled for the better.

Whatever they plan to do, do it decisively and quickly.

MS has to react to this, they have the financial power to take a loss now to set de XB at a similar price point. If not is over to them.

Nope. What's up with people posting posting stupid comments like that?

At least in Europe and Japan, sure they'll sell a lot, but i'm sure they aim is to sell more than Sony. Sorry for not explaining myself well, i'm not saying it's going to be the next Saturn or Dreamcast.

Edit: Confirmed Upgradeable HDD by Yoshida

Last edited by a moderator:
Size comparison

Zb73jte.png

I think Sony's decision to not include the camera was a bad move. The Wii has proven that there is a whole crowd out there who buy into motion controls. WiiU lost the crowd
XBone made the feature standard and waiting form casuals and tech nuts to jump in.
Sony has mostly the core which is a market that also fits into the XBone profile. Is it me or have they limited their potential market? :-|

Crucial difference may be that the market for the Wii was for 249, not 499, not to mention that currently too much is behind the Xbox Live paywall (like all media apps). But once Xbox One does reach the sub 300 pricepoint with Kinect included and Kinect 2.0 works as advertised, and they repeal that media/apps paywall mistake, then they may be in a very good position.

Great OS for smiley, flirty people. ;) Shows cross-game chat and voice chat, and seamless transition between games and background functions like net. But the interface is scary. Like the old PSN store as a frontend, or sort of Windows-8-ish with tiles. Not enough was shown to get a real understanding - it was a promo vid for the sociability.

The UI shown in that teaser matches closely, no almost exactly, with the official UI images released back in February. For all intents and purposes, we have the UI right here. What's New looks like a busy mess (looks like they're trying to display a lot of information), but everything else looks very clean IMO. Also got to see the transitions between screens and they look quite smooth and quick (unlike current PS3 SEN storefront). Clearly has a very "Metro", titles, look to it but their focus seems to be on displaying "live" (see what I did there) information related to content currently in question on the screen.

Waggle crowd is gone. Moved onto tablets and smartphones.

How isthat size comparison possible?
So the PS4 is smaller cheaper an more powerful, I thought that wasn't possible. Are we missing something, is the PS4 not as powerful as originally thought?

1) Price is not limited to BOM cost. Hardware can be sold with large profit margins or at a loss. 2) We don't know the BOM for either platform and MS may be having yield issues.

The hardwares are pretty much known quantities at this point unless something radical happens to change that understanding.

No, at this point its pretty much confirmed that the rumoured "downclocks" were actually about the PS4. Sony used some pretty clever misdirection to cast suspicion over the XBO, and divert attention from themselves. Just like the recent story about MS using paid PR shills on Reddit that SCE had planted. This is now triple confirmed by both my Chinese AND Korean sources. :yep2:

More importantly, is the vertical stand included? I haven't seen that called out yet.

Back