Sony Playstation E3 2013 Events

Rumor is... people saying the delay was Sony re-writing their price slide was correct...

they made the change today after MS show, allegedly

if i was sony,

i wont rewrite the slide.

i will just prepare multiple slide in seperate file.
Sony should have think the posibilities. 300 400 500
or just let ms office power point openend in edit mode, change the number easily

Yes it took them the best part of a day to change some figures on a slide. Seriously does anyone think about this stuff before they post it?

So the PS4 will be region free and the HDD will be replaceable just like the PS3.
This pleases me.

Has this been confirmed ? Even more awesome news ! I love it ! :D ! I had never in my dreams believed that Sony would agree to no DRMs and online checks and allow used games like before, but they did ! And they said it straightforwardly, no disguised talk !

Go PS4, win the world !

How are the publishers reacting to this? what's EA's stance? Even if they stop publishing games for the PS4, this is the system to embrace !

BoardBonobo said it perfectly ! :
Used games, better content, and far more variety. Cheaper entry point and no big brother. It's gaming freedom not the jail that ms would impose. That is a definite win.

Having a second SKU for a PS4+PSEye bundle could complicate distribution however, with a need to match the stock split between the SKUs to the likely demand for each, particularly since they are undertaking a large-scale multi-regional launch.

If they had launched say a $450 bundle with a PSEye then another downside would have been pundits choosing to compare that to the Xbox One (justifying it through the $400 PS4 not being the 'complete experience'), which wouldn't have had the punch of today's '$100 cheaper' headlines.

Other options still available to encourage PSEye uptake could be an in-store discount if the PS4+PSEye+second controller are purchased together, or offering an online redemption code for another game with such a purchase.
The redemption code is a very smart idea. I would argue offering the move controller, rather than second controller, might be a better option, at least so I think

The Bad.

That is one ugly ass console.
No more free MP. I already pay for PS+ so I suppose it doesn't make much difference to me. But I liked the idea of every PS3 owner being able to play online. It just made everything more accessible.

The Good.

No silly DRM restrictions.
It costs less then I expected, and I won't have to pay for an Eye-toy I don't want.
The games. I was hoping to see Ready at Dawn's game. It didn't resemble gameplay, but at least the setting looks good. Destiny was very nice, definitely has a Borderlands feel to it. Killzone SF again looked more colourful and futuristic compared to the previous games. I thought that bit with all the indy games was great.

Now let's see I can convince some friends to buy PS4 instead of that evil Xbox console. :devilish:

Has this been confirmed ? Even more awesome news ! I love it ! :D ! I had never in my dreams believed that Sony would agree to no DRMs and online checks and allow used games like before, but they did ! And they said it straightforwardly, no disguised talk !

Go PS4, win the world !

How are the publishers reacting to this? what's EA's stance? Even if they stop publishing games for the PS4, this is the system to embrace !

BoardBonobo said it perfectly ! :

Yup, Shuhei Yoshida himself confirmed it on twitter.

I found this,

ku-xlarge.jpg
Good for a laugh.

Did they show anything of PSEye? Did they show the OS and services? It's like out of two hours or whatever the show was, all that was mentioned was the price, paid online, and no DRM. ;)

Did they show anything of PSEye? Did they show the OS and services? It's like out of two hours or whatever the show was, all that was mentioned was the price, paid online, and no DRM. ;)
Not that i can remember, hell they barely even showed the vita.

Yeah, later I was also wondering that Vita didn't get the major showing that was rumoured.

And I was expecting a LOT of casual pSEye stuff, just like always, but guess the theme for this E3 was "Hardcore" only or bust ! :p

Yeah, hopefully, we see more vita at gamescon. It's a bit more low key, and this E3 was really about seeing Sony and MS lock horns, so I guess it's to be expected. I really want type 0 on vita.

Don't like the design one bit !

Well its expected. Many people hated the PS2 and PS3 design when they were first revealed. In fact everyone eventually got use to it and forget about it.

I'm just glad the dimensions aren't HUGE like the fat PS3(Grill) and the XBone(1983 VCR). I like all my consoles laying flat and not vertical anymore.

Ps3 was suweet when it launched. Never seen a more beautiful console ever.

I am buying this, however it may look. Might look better in person, cos the presenters after the show were very excited about the design. and apparently its very small, which is very very good.

I'm surprised by the 399 announcement, because it didn't include ps4eye. However overall, I think it's a better move. Just like the stripped down version of the 360, the 399 ps4 gets people in the door...whereas the 499 it's a little (ok a lot) harder.

While gamers could careless for the ps4eye, it's the causal gamers perception of the system might be the deciding factor. It's sort like Siri on the iPhone. Might not be the ultimate thing, but having it showcase the possibilities...people want a different interface to their computer/devices. So if ms hits a chord the the general public regard kinect, the 100 price difference isn't so fatal...but still hit on ms.

Just hope devs don't neglect pa4eye, got to keep pushing the interaction tech...

They allegedly show the OS screens after the how. I missed it. Anyone has the YouTube link ?

Great OS for smiley, flirty people. ;) Shows cross-game chat and voice chat, and seamless transition between games and background functions like net. But the interface is scary. Like the old PSN store as a frontend, or sort of Windows-8-ish with tiles. Not enough was shown to get a real understanding - it was a promo vid for the sociability.

Back