Sony Playstation E3 2013 Events

Not bitter, I just find it amusing that on the one hand some people cheer on Gaikai while on the other hand complain that they can't maintain an internet connection for 24 hours at a time sometimes. :D

Regards,
SB

I get your point, but I'm one of those as well... sometimes my Internet can get wonky, but it doesn't mean I don't want the ability to take advantage of cloud-based gaming/services. Especially since that may be my avenue to PS3 B/C. Which... I would love to hear more about. This transitional period is going to be a hassle if I have to keep both consoles around for a year or more to handle the game-release overlap.

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a.pdf

Just to update, from Japan's website

商品名 「プレイステーション 4」ジェット・ブラック
ハードディスク500GB*1

500GB harddrive

外形寸法約 275mm×53mm×305 mm(幅×高さ×奥行き)(予定、最大突起
含まず)

size form

質量 約 2.8kg

2.8kg

光学ドライブ BD 6 倍速CAV
(読み出し専用) DVD 8 倍速CAV

you get the picture

入出力 Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0)ポート×2

2 USB 3.0 ports

AUX ポート×1

AUX port

通信 Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)×1
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth® 2.1(EDR)
AV 出力 HDMI出力端子

AV output (component!) and HDMI

光デジタル出力端子

optical digital output

Included inside

内容物 ・「プレイステーション 4」本体×1

PS4 itself

・ワイヤレスコントローラー(DUALSHOCK®4)×1

DS4

・モノラルヘッドセット×1

Mono headset

・電源コード×1

Power cord

・HDMI ケーブル×1

Hdmi Cable

・USB ケーブル×1

Usb cable

NO POWER BRICK!

NO PSEye too.

Thanks ! About 10cm/4in wider and longer than MacMini.

No power brick huh.

OP summary says The Order was a CG trailer, diddnt they mention it was in-engine?

Yes in engine, clearly stated and confirmed by Laa-Yosh as his company and the other one that do these kind of trailers had no part in it.

Pretty sure it stuttered at one point too although that might have been the stream which was flakey at best.

Seems like PS4 Eye is available for preorder via Amazon for $60.

The DS4 (DualShock4) is also up for preorder at $60.

Well, basic online multiplayer not free is a bit disappointing, but the overall package is still fine for me. I think I played less than 10 hours online in total in the past year, but a few hundred hours of single player, mostly disc games borrowed from friends. Too bad the PS+ in my region has a record of not being as good value as the US and EU ones. I may have already subscribed otherwise.

The Quantic Dream demo graphics is what I want to see in next gen games. :cool: Hopefully more like that in the 2nd or 3rd year of the console's life.

Oh yes, Playstation Eye has it's own specs

「PlayStation®Camera」(希望小売価格 59USドル/59カナダドル/49ユーロ/44ポンド)も本
体と同時に発売いたします。

59 USD

商品名 PlayStation®Camera
色名称 ジェット・ブラック
型番 CUH-ZEY1
希望小売価格 59USドル/59カナダドル/49ユーロ/44ポンド
外形寸法 約186mm × 27mm × 27mm (幅× 高さ × 奥行き) (予定)
質量 約183g (予定)
動画ピクセル (最大)1280 x 800ピクセル x 2
動画フレームレート 1280×800ピクセル時 60fps
640×400ピクセル時 120fps
320×192ピクセル時 240fps
動画フォーマット RAW、YUV (非圧縮)
レンズ デュアルレンズ、F値/F2.0 固定焦点
撮影距離 30cm~∞
撮影範囲 85°
マイクロホン 4チャンネルアレイ式マイクロホン
接続端子 PS4専用端子 (AUX端子)
ケーブル長さ 約2m (予定)

also from the pdf.

PS4 + Playstation Eye = 460. Still a very good deal.

Yes in engine, clearly stated and confirmed by Laa-Yosh as his company and the other one that do these kind of trailers had no part in it.

Strictly speaking there are the following studios in the CG trailer business:

Blur - Batman, League of Legends
Axis - Last Light
Digic - Watch Dogs, AC4

Left for grabs:
Plastic Wac, Realtime UK (The Crew?), perhaps Digital Domain (Halo - they did the first H4 trailer too)

Also the Rayman trailer was CG, someone had to do that too.

And the winner is...... the consumer.

Well, as long as they buy a PS4 obviously.

I'm sure the usual suspects will be spouting the usual DRM is good, $499 is a good price for a console and CG trailers really mean thats how the game will look when it's released.

You are interesting.

Ishare games with at most 3 people.
My console is always connected.
I only sell my games at the end of the consoles life.
Xbl for a year, is less than I spend at a bar on any given weekend.
Ps4 stuttered and crashes several times tonight and showed quite a bit of cg/in-engine just like Xbox did.

Xbox showed almost exclusively gameplay... like when they switched from one game to killer instinct midstream without crashing... you must not have actually watched it.

The games so far look comparable if not identical for the most part.

Talk about incessant bias.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has the PS4's camera listed at $70 US, so I'm assuming it's not going to be bundled. Clever way for Sony to get that magic $399 price.

So Eyetoy is dead then?

I would be very surprised to see PS4 Eye get any sort of mass adoption considering it's not guaranteed to be on every system.

I'd prefer a $449 - $459 price range instead if it means wide-scale PS4 Eye adoption in every single game. :(

Amazon has the PS4's camera listed at $70 US, so I'm assuming it's not going to be bundled. Clever way for Sony to get that magic $399 price.

70? Come on Sony, you make those for far less than 20 dollars.

Back