Sony Playstation E3 2013 Events

As after the PS Meeting quite dissapointed. No GUI, no specifics on Gaikai, i really want to know more about this.

On the games side, i expected some more exclusives or new IPs being shown. For example, if i were Sony i would have agree with Ubi to premiere The Division at the conference. KHIII, FFXIV and Destiny, were the best parts.

Loved how much space they gave to the indies.

NoDRM and 399€ is a huge impact on MS, lets see how they handle it.

I don't like the look of the console

ps4.jpg

$400 is a good price , I wonder how much the eye will cost. Bummer about psn + required for gaming. I have a few friend swho will be pissed about that.

DRM.. don't care esp if I need to keep a disc in the drive at all times or need to enter a code

I almost want to launch into an EyeToy rant again, but I'll refrain, Safe to say that Sony let that ship sail - in an area they could have dominated from the start - long ago. It'll be a side show novelty just as it was this past gen. But... maybe that's not so bad if the trade-off is a lower cost of entry to their system and early share grabs for monetizing on media/game sales.
Is it not packed in?

Absolutely, but is it enough reason to jump ship when the other side, obviously, makes you pay as well?

Definitely not. It's a wash. The people who are really upset about it will go to PC. I've never minded paying for Live and didn't understand why Sony didn't follow suit. They certainly needed the money, and I doubt it would have lost them any sales.

What will the publishers say about $399 vs. $499?

But the PSN Plus requirement for PS4 online is BULLSHIT.

As soon as they decided on PS4 at 399 USD to launch, there was no way in hell they would be allowing free multiplayer. They need to make up some of the potential hardware losses somehow.

Now, add in unrestricted lending of game discs like the current generation which means less new game sales overall, and they definitely need more people subscribing to PSN+, IMO.

Regards,
SB

It was more expensive and technically more powerful and launched a full year later.

Practically they were the same.

Now they are technically more powerful,

Haven't seen that supposed advantage in the games.

have a much lower price point,

Apparently without PSEye

have all the features that you really need,

Core gamers are not the majority of the market

And this is with no used game restrictions or needless DRM.

Digital downloads will be just as restricted and the world is clearly moving in that direction.

Now I might be missing something obvious here but it looks like Sony just creamed MS with style (and indies!).

Games were better at MS. Isn't that what's supposed to matter?

1 PS4 game each month from launch. No Xbox One games from Gold, only 360 (and only through the end of the year. And the PS4 game is in addition to the weekly PS3 and Vita games.

Interesting. Sounds like MS tried, but they need to try harder. :)

Tommy McClain

As soon as they decided on PS4 at 399 USD to launch, there was no way in hell they would be allowing free multiplayer. They need to make up some of the potential hardware losses somehow.

Now, add in unrestricted lending of game discs like the current generation which means less new game sales overall, and they definitely need more people subscribing to PSN+, IMO.

Regards,
SB

We don't know PS4 BOM.

Sony was given opportunity to make $100 more? Insane crazy cant believe

They saved next-gen. If PS4/XObene BOM was $500+ this gen would be doomed

I don't like the look of the console

$400 is a good price , I wonder how much the eye will cost. Bummer about psn + required for gaming. I have a few friend swho will be pissed about that.

DRM.. don't care esp if I need to keep a disc in the drive at all times or need to enter a code

$69 so far, but we know little about it again for now. I really want to see the inside of the box to peek at the cooling magic. Funny about the Colorado scheme.

As after the PS Meeting quite dissapointed. No GUI, no specifics on Gaikai, i really want to know more about this.

On the games side, i expected some more exclusives or new IPs being shown. For example, if i were Sony i would have agree with Ubi to premiere The Division at the conference. KHIII, FFXIV and Destiny, were the best parts.

Loved how much space they gave to the indies.

NoDRM and 399€ is a huge impact on MS, lets see how they handle it.

Gaikai is heading for a 2014 launch if I heard correctly.

We will definitely see more in Gamescom. I don't know what they will show in TGS though.

thankfully PS+ offers too much value and too many free gamesw. I wonder if that will hurt the game sales even more? Maybe we won'tsee that many free games on PS4 PS= cos now everyone is almost required to have + if they want to play MP.

Back