Sony Playstation E3 2013 Events

Multiplayer will probably be a tough pill for some of the faithful to swallow, or at least it should be with all the moaning they've done about Live.

Absolutely, but is it enough reason to jump ship when the other side, obviously, makes you pay as well?

They should have just walked out on stage and said "$399, no DRM on disc-based games," then thrown down the microphone and walked off.

Probably.

So, do they have discless play? What happens if I install the game? Do they have game keys? Potential for publishers to use their own DRM or paid keys?

I think the only way to fullyinstall games would be to buy them online. The game install game data but you still need the disc in the drive.

That is how it worked on the PS3.

dude easy. :)

They will not be able to for game switching like MS showed today at least I don't see it.. where you play one game while another game is searching for a multiplayer match and switch back, nor can you watch tv on a side screen while matchmaking loads or Skype and many other such conveniences of the future that MS has built in here so they are clearly shaping up to be two different types of devices and as mentioned above, Ms to me is playing future ball, Sony is just putting all the chips in on the core
If it take matchmaking that long it doing something wrong....

MS is trying to be an all in one device while the ps4 is trying to be a game machine....

Didn't the PS+ include only 1 free game? Whereas the Live Gold gets 2?

Tommy McClain
Live is from now until the one launches, if you want to talk about that maybe I can mention the 3 free games I get per month on my PS3, that I have been getting for over a year.

You get a bunch of free games when you first sign up, then 1 per month I think. Plus other discounts.

Seriously, MS fans, don't worry about it. MS will react. In the end, consumers win. ^_^

If you stop paying you lose them though.

So, do they have discless play? What happens if I install the game? Do they have game keys? Potential for publishers to use their own DRM or paid keys?

They have a patent on Blu-ray + RFID tag (for offline check). Not sure if they will use it though. There may be other solution.

In any case, just want to say...
even if MS bought out the third parties' mouth, they still lose out in buzz because it is better to give us values instead of wasting your marketing dollars that way.

Lack of strict DRM measures on disc based games is still a surprise, nor sure what the publishers say about that.

MS seems to be in a better spot for the 3rd part publishers here. Sony's exclusive content is an Adam West costume and some Elder Scrolls beta testing so far.

I guess the point is that Sony aims its PR on the hardcore crowd, hoping to benefit from word of mouth; but in the end the two systems will still be quite balanced altogether. PSEye will bump PS3's cost, downloaded games will have strict DRM, online multiplayer will require subscription, actual ingame performance/quality differences will be unnoticeable to the average user and so on.

Sales will be neck to neck, and Nintendo will be left behind. But the forum trolls will declare PS4 a winner and will debate statistics and so on.

Downloaded games will have strict DRMS? :LOL: YOu are really trying to find something here.

I have all my games as DD on my ps3, and there have been no inline checks ever, I can play anywhere, anytime ! What strict DRMS? THat it is tied to your ps3? is that news to you?

We are free-er and have more choices on the PS4, while on Xbone everything is just compulsary. and PS+ has already won the subscription value debate already in the current gen. I have almost 25 full Disc game on my ps3 and all I paid for them was just $50 for one year !

So this basically makes the PS Eye irrelevant again?

I almost want to launch into an EyeToy rant again, but I'll refrain, Safe to say that Sony let that ship sail - in an area they could have dominated from the start - long ago. It'll be a side show novelty just as it was this past gen. But... maybe that's not so bad if the trade-off is a lower cost of entry to their system and early share grabs for monetizing on media/game sales.

If Sony expects me to pay extra for multi-player, PSN better be a LOT better (faster, stable, featureful) this gen than last gen.

And "real names" can go fuck itself. Has no one at Sony heard of Google and their fiasco with "Google+"?

Cheers

PS+ for multi-player is a big bummer, though it won't effect me since I have it for the other goodies, but bad for casual folks.

The rest is gold though, lots of games, $399 and I own my games.

If Sony expects me to pay extra for multi-player, PSN better be a LOT better (faster, stable, featureful) this gen than last gen.

And "real names" can go fuck itself. Has no one at Sony heard of Google and their fiasco with "Google+"?

Cheers

Real names is optional dude.

Lack of strict DRM measures on disc based games is still a surprise, nor sure what the publishers say about that.

MS seems to be in a better spot for the 3rd part publishers here. Sony's exclusive content is an Adam West costume and some Elder Scrolls beta testing so far.

I guess the point is that Sony aims its PR on the hardcore crowd, hoping to benefit from word of mouth; but in the end the two systems will still be quite balanced altogether. PSEye will bump PS3's cost, downloaded games will have strict DRM, online multiplayer will require subscription, actual ingame performance/quality differences will be unnoticeable to the average user and so on.

Sales will be neck to neck, and Nintendo will be left behind. But the forum trolls will declare PS4 a winner and will debate statistics and so on.

PS4 cost 100 dollars less and it likely to be more capable of better visuals which is what most people paying attention at this point care about so why is it trolling high-lite that?

Cheers
Yeah real name really stop facebook. lol ;)

Anyway i believe you do not have to use your real name. that was cover at the first announcement.

I almost want to launch into an EyeToy rant again, but I'll refrain, Safe to say that Sony let that ship sail - in an area they could have dominated from the start - long ago. It'll be a side show novelty just as it was this past gen. But... maybe that's not so bad if the trade-off is a lower cost of entry to their system and early share grabs for monetizing on media/game sales.

I think...
Wait for Gamescom. EU is bigger in casual games.

Back