Sony Playstation E3 2013 Events

Yeah it's not the current gen version of Destiny. But there's been some truly outstanding graphics today, and the gameplay doesn't seem to be that amazing so far.

PS+ as a paywall for MP isn't so bad. Because of all the value add.

I have a hunch they have to do spectating and remote help with servers. It's difficult to do the above over P2P WAN on a large scale. But we shall see.

Destiny looks to be on the right path.

Is it me or is there a lot of lag/game stuttering? I keep having to decide whether its the stream or the game? More often than not... its the game :(

Destiny looks regular.

destiny vs titanfall should be a good battle for mmofps dollars.

although i just remembered titanfall is exclusive for a year.

destiny looks super sweet. as did titanfall imo.

I was really surprised about the used games support/loaning, etc. Figured they would fall inline with publishers. They have an ace for that for the hardcore gaming crowd. No doubt about that. It will be interesting how much affect it will have on gaming spending though. With the negative feedback that's bound to be turned up to 11, I wouldn't be surprised if another wave of NoDRM campaign might sway MS & other publishers before the launches. Unfortunately if the multiplayer behind a paywall is true, then I could see them take a few nicks for that. But I suspect in the end most will rationalize it away & say that paying a monthly fee is easier to stomach than having DRM. Watch it will happen.

Tommy McClain

Back