TitanFall [XO,X360]

Good link, and he is playing with a controller, very nice control :)

Sideremark, the latest Nvidia drivers mentions specifically mentions Titanfall "Titanfall drivers", and my recommend settings went from Very High to High on textures.. already suffering from only having 2GB ram.. :-/

My win percentage is still floating around 75%. Hardpoint is my favourite mode, but I'd like to get into capture the flag.

Using the Strider with quad rockets is actually pretty fun. Take the perk that gives fast boost recharge, and you can keep moving in and out of range, using cover. My problem, is my spatial awareness and map knowledge. Sometimes I back myself into a corner, or end up getting outnumbered. If you have a good sense of the map, and watch the mini-map well, you can stay alive and do some serious damage with that build. Quad rockets are fantastic for killing pilots too.

I have gotten much more comfortable in Titans, although I haven't spent much time in a Strider yet. But yeah, Hardpoint is the shit. I actually won a few games in that mode, LOL!

Respawn is now banning cheaters and yet they let them play. But exclusively against other cheaters. Simply genius..

http://www.titanfall.com/news/we-hate-cheaters-just-as-much-as-you-do

Q.) So what happens if I get banned?
A.) Great news: you get to keep playing Titanfall! Less-great news: you only get to play with other cheaters. You can play with other banned players in something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests. Hopefully the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck.

The Wimbledon of aimbot contests ... The funniest quote out of a developer in history.

I love that if you pull a cheater into your party, the whole party is flagged as cheaters for that match. So people will ostracize their cheating friends. That's probably the best way to get people onto the good path.

It's a great idea with the best solution for cheaters (they still get their game), as long as cheaters can mend their ways and get back onto normal games. I know a kid who jailbroke his school iPad without realising it was against T&C's and has lost the warranty etc. There'll be some folk who'll see a mate cheating and take it up without paying attention. T&Cs may forbid cheating but no-one reads them. The fair thing is a temp ban and chance to play fairly, with only a perpetual ban for repeat offenders.

I think any society with a 'one strike, you're out' policy (shy of capital offenses) would be looked on by outsiders as fairly unjust. If we had that policy here at B3D, we'd have a very quiet forum!!

It's a great idea with the best solution for cheaters (they still get their game), as long as cheaters can mend their ways and get back onto normal games. I know a kid who jailbroke his school iPad without realising it was against T&C's and has lost the warranty etc. There'll be some folk who'll see a mate cheating and take it up without paying attention. T&Cs may forbid cheating but no-one reads them. The fair thing is a temp ban and chance to play fairly, with only a perpetual ban for repeat offenders.

I think any society with a 'one strike, you're out' policy (shy of capital offenses) would be looked on by outsiders as fairly unjust. If we had that policy here at B3D, we'd have a very quiet forum!!

The thing is, cheating in online games requires more than I will accept as being accidental. They have to actively search and purchase a aimbot / cheat. They have to play in such a way that it isn't obvious cheating.
Cheating in cards, and pretty much every game outside computers is known as being a wrong thing to do. They know by default that cheating is wrong. Ban the account from the game they were caught cheating in, and flag them as known cheater in every other game they own for six months.

That would be fair enough. I am against losing all your games because you cheat in one game, I am all for chances. But the price should at least be the price of a new game.

To often these cheaters use burn accounts anyway, I have played titanfall players that had the most stupid useless names that stank of burn account.

I agree with you -tkf-. These cheating bastards don't deserve any special consideration imo. They need to suffer the consequences of their choices.

I agree with you -tkf-. These cheating bastards don't deserve any special consideration imo. They need to suffer the consequences of their choices.

And in the world of gaming, it's the price of a new game , insane punishment :)

The thing that pisses me the most, when i play someone in anything, and they beat me i have zero issues, i only have myself to blame. But when cheaters are among the players then everyone is suddenly suspected of being cheaters. And that is imho the worst part. Suddenly i start to question those that i might have considered pretty awesome players, are they just cheating?, you check the death cam a bit more intense, impressive aim so far away where i couldn't even kill him though i saw him first..

So those that invest the time and really has the skillset are among those that suffer the most, they aren't really rewarded.

And in the world of gaming, it's the price of a new game , insane punishment :)

The thing that pisses me the most, when i play someone in anything, and they beat me i have zero issues, i only have myself to blame. But when cheaters are among the players then everyone is suddenly suspected of being cheaters. And that is imho the worst part. Suddenly i start to question those that i might have considered pretty awesome players, are they just cheating?, you check the death cam a bit more intense, impressive aim so far away where i couldn't even kill him though i saw him first..

So those that invest the time and really has the skillset are among those that suffer the most, they aren't really rewarded.

Yeah, true. Same happened back than during the Gears 1 days...where some players got praised as unbeatable shotgun dancers...until everyone found out about the host advantage...after this, every good player got accused as being the host...

Yeah, true. Same happened back than during the Gears 1 days...where some players got praised as unbeatable shotgun dancers...until everyone found out about the host advantage...after this, every good player got accused as being the host...

Totally anecdote, last night I played a bit, there was remarkable lack of high G's and I didn't get clipped that often.

G* Generation, at least that's what I call them, when you become lvl 50 you can choose to reset your xp and level, and loose every unlock, and start from fresh.
The only difference is you get Xp a bit faster and, in front of your name there is a small ribbon that indicates you Guys lvl.

So a G8 would have played though to lvl 50, 7 times. Highest G is 10

There's supposed to be an improved matchmaking playlist that does a better job of matching skill now.

I honestly find the regeneration thing is not a good indicator of player ability. We've rolled some teams of guys that are all double or triple regenerated, but we've got one guy who is 50.

There's supposed to be an improved matchmaking playlist that does a better job of matching skill now.

I honestly find the regeneration thing is not a good indicator of player ability. We've rolled some teams of guys that are all double or triple regenerated, but we've got one guy who is 50.

A gen 2-10 at any given level has only skill to make up for the lack of unlocks, so a LVL50 will be decked out pretty good while a G10 lvl 25 will have less unlocks at his disposal.

I would have to be very bored for me to go G2 when i hit 50..

As someone who is definitely not an online multiplayer gamer...this game is just an amazingly fun experience for me. Between this and Killer Instinct I don't mind online play at all anymore.

I typically choose the variety pack but I don't think I've played a single round of Last Titan Standing but I don't mind any of the other game types. Definitely love Hardpoint but Capture the Flag is just so intense. I haven't been in any CTF games where one of the sides just clearly outmatched the other so the scores are typically pretty low but MAN is there something satisfying about a teammate with the flag hopping on your Titan as you make a mad dash back to base.

The kid enjoys the game as well, so much so that we might be adding another One in the household but we have so.much.360.content. at least my movie/tv and music content moved over to the One but ugh I've shared my purchase history here before...it isn't small. Kid has to decided if he wants to keep the 360 and stash in closet or use it to trade for a One.

Just remember to check out the required challenges once you regenerate . I think the first set is the shot gun and the 40mm for the titan. Make sure you do them or you could be sitting at level 50 and not able to regen

I think once you max out your character's level (50?), you have the choice to "start over". These characters who have "maxed out" their level and have chosen to start over, are referred to as "Gen X" (X reflecting how many times they've started over).

At least, I think that's how it works. CoD had a similar system (called "prestige" I think).

Back