TitanFall [XO,X360]

From the videos this looks pretty cool, the only twist to classic FPS is the Titan/Suit/Thingy?

Is this a timed exclusive or in other words, any idea when it will hit PC?

Titan fall is a microsoft platform exclusive. It should release for windows,xbox one and the xbox 360 all at the same time. Respawn has said that the sequal might expand to Sony platforms.

Actually looking forward to this, the only shooter I play from time-to-time is Halo. CoD3 I think was the last one of those for me.

This is keeping my interest and early alpha impressions are hype worthy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zGWgaqQ0XZ4&feature=g-high-u

These impressions give a better idea of what the role of AI is. I think the game will feel very very different from a traditional competitve shooter. It has different stages of AI, first u get simple grunts, then as u get Titans, AI snipers drop in, etc etc. It almost sounds like a co-op game, a blend of genres. This is could be very interesting as I love co-op games, but when I think of it as a competitive match, it feels wrong. Its a mish mash of strategic co-op and a competition where u cannot control ur pawns.

We need an open beta on the pc please Respawn ! This needs to be tried once , no other way to know how it feels.

^ Just watched it: Meh...only 5 times did he actually play against a real person. Felt like a SP level, so this is why they don't have an SP? This is not what I had thought it would be. I have doubts this can be the COD-replacement/killer I was touting it to be. :-/

My point stands: How many times can u go thru this same AI killing routine till u get bored? I am not buying this for a co-op game, am I? And how can we "compete" in such a match? THe number of kills doesn't matter, as there are AI all over, points don't matter cos AI is also taking objectives, it ain't really you....and there are hardly enough PvP moments in a match to really "compete".

EDIT: THEy have a killer game at hand, but the AI ....sorry. If this was all PvP, this would be heaven for skilled players. Freedom of movement is phenomenal. OTOH, killing all the AI feels so cheap here, they are like one shot kills. :-/
Shotgun gameplay:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Just watched it: Meh...only 5 times did he actually play against a real person. Felt like a SP level, so this is why they don't have an SP? This is not what I had thought it would be. I have doubts this can be the COD-replacement/killer I was touting it to be. :-/

My point stands: How many times can u go thru this same AI killing routine till u get bored? I am not buying this for a co-op game, am I? And how can we "compete" in such a match? THe number of kills doesn't matter, as there are AI all over, points don't matter cos AI is also taking objectives, it ain't really you....and there are hardly enough PvP moments in a match to really "compete".

EDIT: THEy have a killer game at hand, but the AI ....sorry. If this was all PvP, this would be heaven for skilled players. Freedom of movement is phenomenal. OTOH, killing all the AI feels so cheap here, they are like one shot kills. :-/
Shotgun gameplay:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KThO6glpGs">YouTube Link</a>

wait, obviously I am uninformed, titan is online only? That is, no single player story just head on fps shooter vs other players or ai?

I was with the stance of having AI players on the map but after watching few videos it seems that they have too many of them to not have a negative impact on the game.

I hope this game gets some flak for the AI usage in MP, far too many interactions are against the AI which gives an illusion of intensity, but I know it's not going to happen since everyone seems to be drinking the Titanfall kool aid.

^ Just watched it: Meh...only 5 times did he actually play against a real person. Felt like a SP level, so this is why they don't have an SP?

It's in an interesting approach they're taking, IMO, that looks to mix things up a bit.

I have doubts this can be the COD-replacement/killer I was touting it to be. :-/

It seems to me that you'd have to actually see the competitive focused modes of the game to make that conclusion, wouldn't you? Regardless of the lack of an offline SP mode, that doesn't preclude the option of an online, MP, story focused mode along with separate online, MP, competitive modes, does it? Unless there's something I'm missing (I haven't followed it closely) and they've announced there is one and only one mode?

It's in an interesting approach they're taking, IMO, that looks to mix things up a bit.

It seems to me that you'd have to actually see the competitive focused modes of the game to make that conclusion, wouldn't you? Regardless of the lack of an offline SP mode, that doesn't preclude the option of an online, MP, story focused mode along with separate online, MP, competitive modes, does it? Unless there's something I'm missing (I haven't followed it closely) and they've announced there is one and only one mode?

This is the MP mode.

This is the MP mode.........

:(

This is it buddy. Respawn says this is the MP, it has AI bots and 6vs6 actual people in there

I don't think I'm communicating my question very clearly or perhaps I'm just not understanding the answer. Nevermind, I'll find out when it releases regardless. Thanks all the same.

Well yes, as there's no SP mode, correct? What I"m asking is if its the Story MP mode or a Competitive MP mode?

This is how competitive MP in this game is going to be like, tons of comm chatter and music for that story based feel and AI in the map along with other human players.

This is all there is in the game there is no separate story based MP mode where you play the matches against bots ala UT3.

Back