TitanFall [XO,X360]

The graphics don't even look nextgen so I'm not sure why it's having issues running at 720P....in fact it should be running at 60fps at 1080P.

It may be running on the Source engine but as far as I know the renderer is completely new.

With that said, the content we've seen so far does not indicate anything particularly stressing. BF4 seems to be doing a whole lot more at 720p/60fps on the X1 and DICE haven't had nearly as much time to optimize performance - so it's kinda hard to believe that Titanfall would have significant problems.

Matches are limited to 6v6? That seems pretty restrictive, unless the maps are very small too, especially for an online only game.

Matches are limited to 6v6? That seems pretty restrictive, unless the maps are very small too, especially for an online only game.

6 vs 6 but apparently also "dozens" of AI characters/entities.
I guess MS cloud will come in handy there.

Wait... JUST 6v6 or will there be options for player counts?

Nope, it's 6 vs 6. Each player can have a Titan that can be switched to AI mode, plus there are other AI actors/characters running around. I guess with their hybrid approach they felt it would be too crowded. I was expecting something like 12 vs 12. Curious to see how it turns out, and how much it really plays like a single-player game.

THey said the ai are not bots (replacement players). They have other roles during the game. I'm assuming some of their action will be scripted and whatnot. Looking forward to seeing more of what the game is all about.

6v6 makes it a game I would never play, to small, too fast. I need big games where KDR is not important. This sounds like Quake Arena, the antithesis of what I like for MP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back