TitanFall [XO,X360]

That's just speculation, but anyway I'll bet it was cheaper for them to buy timed exclusivity for Titanfall than it would be to create or buy a studio.

Titanfall is by respawn studios and is only published bea. I bet ms is buying that studio as we speak. It looks to be a huge game

As of now Respawn has repeatedly said they want T-Fall to be on all platforms. If MS buys them up, yes , then they could go exclusive. But aftr the Activion episode, i wonder they would want to bought, just saying.

I think the question is, Who owns the IP? Respawn or EA? Anyways, PC version is already announced and can be pre ordered.

As of now Respawn has repeatedly said they want T-Fall to be on all platforms. If MS buys them up, yes , then they could go exclusive. But aftr the Activion episode, i wonder they would want to bought, just saying.

I think the question is, Who owns the IP? Respawn or EA? Anyways, PC version is already announced and can be pre ordered.

I don't see how a PC version shows any proof that it will end up on the PS4, it's a Microsoft platform too. If Microsoft can throw enough money at them with advertising and funding I'm not seeing how they can't hold this as a exclusive.

Anyone arguing that they are missing out on sales are misleading themselves, even by March neither the PS4 nor Xbox One combined would probably even touch the amount of Titanfall sales on Xbox 360 if it were available on both. I wish PC games sold this well but I could see the Xbox One come close if not surpassing PC sales for this game in March.

I am not saying PC version means a PS4 version too. I was just saying one doesn't have to get a XBone for it, one can play on PC too. One won't really miss it for not getting an Xbone. Nothing to note/argue or hidden meaning in that sentence.

So, who owns the IP? If EA owns the IP, I am sure it will be on Tablets too :p (Just kidding)

I am not saying PC version means a PS4 version too. I was just saying one doesn't have to get a XBone for it, one can play on PC too. One won't really miss it for not getting an Xbone. Nothing to note/argue or hidden meaning in that sentence.

So, who owns the IP? If EA owns the IP, I am sure it will be on Tablets too :p (Just kidding)

Respawn owns the IP and are a independent studio, they are only publishing through EA.

Problem that that entire argument is, that as much everyone here wishes wasn't true, the PC gaming market really isn't that big. There is a reason these type of games sell a boat load more on console than PC.

Thats going to change quickly. Look at the r290xt ... next year we get that sweet 22nm drop amd it shluld move that performance down in price greartly. It wont be long until pc have the same power advantage over next gen consoles as they currently enjoy over todays consoles

It's ironic that the devs said they choose the Source engine because they wanted the PS3 version to run well, now they had exclusivity bought and they are stuck with an engine that isn't aging well. Why couldn't they make launch? No SP to speak of, no fancy dialog, voice acting; just levels and art? Compared to Ryse or KZ, they seem to have a much easier project, at least more limited.

^Instead of checking off bullet points they simply focus on their strengths. I respect that a great deal actually.
I'd also argue they face far greater challenges in terms of game design than their competitors do. Plenty of blue prints for all kinds of 3rd person beat em ups out there, and Killzone is on its fourth iteration already.

It's ironic that the devs said they choose the Source engine because they wanted the PS3 version to run well, now they had exclusivity bought and they are stuck with an engine that isn't aging well. Why couldn't they make launch? No SP to speak of, no fancy dialog, voice acting; just levels and art? Compared to Ryse or KZ, they seem to have a much easier project, at least more limited.

They picked Source because they were able to prototype game ideas very quickly when they were starting from scratch, or at least that's the story I remember hearing. THey pretty much replaced the entire renderer, so I don't think they're stuck with much that's legacy in that regard. They couldn't make launch because they basically started from absolutely zero. It was a bunch of people sitting in a room with no computers, writing notes and brainstorming ideas. It's a lot different than a company that's going from full production in current gen to full production on next gen. The amount of work they'd have to do to build all their tools, and build all the infrastructure just so people can do their jobs would be monumental.

Also, I don't see what is limited or "easy" about Titanfall, compared to anything else.

Game looks like a fuckload of FUN!

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Titanfall smoked either of those two titles in terms of sales, if not both combined.

It should ! If it doesn't then we don't know what sells. Cos this is "COD +" and should be the next step for COD players, from what I have seen. EA wants BF to be the next step, but BF is too different from COD for that to happen. It caters to a different mentality of fun. TitanFall, OTOH, feels like a natural next step for anyone who loves COD MP. All the Best Respawn , Go get 'em :yep2: !

Well, before they were pretty ambiguous when asked about being a temporal exclusive, now it's very clear it wont. Something must have happened. Probably MS couldn't afford more bad news.

edit: Well this pretty much confirms it

IJkje0R.png

I wonder how much money MS has to pay EA.

Well, before they were pretty ambiguous when asked about being a temporal exclusive, now it's very clear it wont. Something must have happened. Probably MS couldn't afford more bad news.

They're tackling bad news of the future. It didn't look likely to be on PS4 anytime soon.

First game will be exclusive to XB1, 360 and PC whatever else they make can come to whatever platform they like including PS4.

Back