TitanFall [XO,X360]

The most difficult thing is to balance trooper play and Mech play...this is extremely difficult to achieve.

Vehicles tend to dominate gameplay. The stuff I have seen so far looks a bit like that. I have no big interest in vehicle gameplay, nearly never play a vehicle in BF. But when playing as a trooper, I don't want to be just cosmetics in the background for the fighting mechs either such that they get a nice cinematic setting.

The game looks spectacular, but this is one of those games were I remain sceptic until I can test it out by myself.

billy look at the last gif I posted. look at how much smaller of a target the men are when compared to a mech. I think when your in a mech your going to have to worry about swarms of humans taking you down from all different angles

For me game of the show. I'm tired of all COD,BF its all same to me . This looks good , quick action interesting ideas .

The most difficult thing is to balance trooper play and Mech play...this is extremely difficult to achieve.

Vehicles tend to dominate gameplay. The stuff I have seen so far looks a bit like that. I have no big interest in vehicle gameplay, nearly never play a vehicle in BF. But when playing as a trooper, I don't want to be just cosmetics in the background for the fighting mechs either such that they get a nice cinematic setting.

The game looks spectacular, but this is one of those games were I remain sceptic until I can test it out by myself.

It has an automatic fire rocket launcher specifically for taking down Titans. The third gif that eastmen posted shows it. I think troopers will have a chance. Although I'm expecting everyone to have a Titan available in multiplayer and you only leave your Titan if it's about to be blown up.

Regards,
SB

billy look at the last gif I posted. look at how much smaller of a target the men are when compared to a mech. I think when your in a mech your going to have to worry about swarms of humans taking you down from all different angles

Yeah, I hope so! The things a respawn dev said in the interview at gamespot/gametrailers sure hit the right buttons for me.

It has an automatic fire rocket launcher specifically for taking down Titans. The third gif that eastmen posted shows it. I think troopers will have a chance. Although I'm expecting everyone to have a Titan available in multiplayer and you only leave your Titan if it's about to be blown up.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, I saw that and watched carefully the available vids. Looks good and promising. I am a foot soldier guy, also in BF. It is nothing as satisfying as going for a hunt and take down the big guys...I love tank hunting in BF, I hope they make it such that one single player can go hunting for a Titan!

A Titan skull is yet missing on my wall :mrgreen:

Gamersyde video totally ruined the game for me. It looks almost worse than the old Modern Warfare games visually, its like they up-ported currengen console game. Sure maps are probably larger and they added few gameplay quirks [jetpacks, wallrunning, mechs], but it really doesent have that "nextgen" feel like some other games out there.

BTW, i think MS should really have pushed for a XB1/PC version only, so many people are going to play it on their 360s instead of buying a new console.

BTW, i think MS should really have pushed for a XB1/PC version only, so many people are going to play it on their 360s instead of buying a new console.

For people that can't afford a next gen console, sure. But expect the visuals to be considerably worse.

Regards,
SB

"When you boil it down, we would love to be everywhere, but we're just starting out," Emslie explained. "It comes down to quality, not quantity. We have a fantastic relationship with Microsoft. It just boiled down to, okay, how can we hit this as hard as can and get it on as many platforms as possible and deliver the quality, the 60 hertz, out of the gate? That was the goal.

"We of course would want to go further in the future with stuff, but we're just starting out. It's pretty frustrating! We want to be everywhere. We want to put Titanfall everywhere, but that's where we're at. We're starting there.

Let's put it plainly: will PlayStation owners ever see Titanfall?

"It's definitely not out of the question," Emslie replied. "We have a huge appreciation for the fans. Coming out and showing it to everybody, we're super nervous and wanted to make sure everybody loved it. We love all our fans, whatever console they support.

"So yeah. We want to make everybody happy, but this is where we're at right now."

From the Eurogamer article.

Didn't some insider claim it was a one yar exclusive ? so if this lands this fall it wont hit till next fall on the ps4. Will people even care about it by then ? It looks great but a year from now maybe not.

Very positive preview!

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/06/12/titanfall-e3-preview/
Titanfall Eyes-on Preview – Wow
Titanfall is the brand new multiplayer title from Respawn Entertainment, the studio that formed in the wake of the big Infinity Ward shakeup a few years back. This mech and pilot based shooter had a booth presentation at E3, and we went eyes-on with the game.

What we saw was one full multiplayer match played completely live. Two developers played the game in front of us in one room, while the room next to us boasted a huge swarm of combatants actually playing in the same live match. Everything was unscripted, so we witnessed a solid round of real game play.

It was nuts.

The rules of the match were the standard 3-point capture and hold. Grab A, B and C longest in order to win. That bit is pretty typical to the multiplayer online shooter genre of gaming.

What’s atypical about Titanfall is the split between pilot based combat and using the mechs. Respawn managed to make a game that offers up all sorts of dynamic combat situations built around this basic premise.

Pilot on pilot combat looks like a blend of, say, Call of Duty and Tribes. The shooting and ground movement is very Call of Duty-esque, while the jetpack for double jumps and the wall running feel like they are a part of a much faster game.

Even the team play between pilots and mechs is neat. Pilots, for instance, can hitch a ride by hopping onto the backs of their fellow mechs. A mech might stand guard as pilots swarm into a small building in order to capture a point.

Titanfall looked graphically incredible. It was frantic, pounding and aggressive. It seems like another great, adrenaline pumping shooter. The stuff that has me interested, though, is the unique ways players can play.

Damn, this sounds awesome.

And I never would have expected basically ex-IW to make a great game, since I despise COD campaigns (dont play the MP).

Didn't some insider claim it was a one yar exclusive ? so if this lands this fall it wont hit till next fall on the ps4. Will people even care about it by then ? It looks great but a year from now maybe not.

It's spring for xbox one, so one year would mean 2015 if its a 1 year exclusive.

Hahahahaha. On the money with that one.

Really ? The reason I stay on B3D is to avoid such stuff. I play on PC regularly, I don't like the visuals, but I like the gameplay. I have been waiting for Respawn's game since they formed the studio But it might be a bit too fast for my taste, hence I want to try first. I am not buying the Bone, I can buy it on PC ! Whats so damn funny about it? :rolleyes: Grow up.

So, you mean if this was coming to PS4 on day 1, I could complaint about its graphics but I can't if its Xbone exclusive? Which it is anyways not, cos its coming to PC.

What kind of logic is that? :???:

Back