DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Man Ive gotta say a lot of these screenshots dont look that good at all, AA is terrible esp with the vegetation is just plain alphatest, in motion it does look good but screenshot wise I dont see how ppl are saying the graphics are so brilliant, certainly dont look anything like reallife

Why aren't the screenshots 1920x1080?

I don't know how sony forgot to add a api feature that can tell a game a screen-shot is being taken through it's share functionality, so if its in photomode and such, the game gets a couple extra frames of delay so it can integrate four or so different frames for extra crisp AA, and post-processing, as ps3 games with photomode did (Gran Turismo for exemple)

Everyone is shooting up in levels in the club but me :(

I will get some levels today, I have the day off while the kids are at school.

Everything seemed to be working in Europe even on a Friday night in Europe, so I am getting the impression the online issues are getting under control ...

It`s getting better for me. I was connected my whole session today and most of the time yesterday so I think there is improvement.

nice, hopefully with the better condition of their service now, they can release DC PSP edition before this month ends.

Now that I've been playing the game for longer my enthusiasm has dropped. I've never been bad at racing games before, but I just can't progress with this one anymore. If I try to race fast I'm over steering and understeering all over the place. It's annoying because I check the brake lights of the AI racers and they only glow for a split second on a corner where I need to brake for a good 3-4 seconds. I can't complete the drift challanges for love nor money. I'm right at the Pro Trophy and I'm utterly stuck, it's like I need to level up more to get the better cars, but I can't level up since I'm unable to progress in the league anymore.

how am i supposed to unlock club exp cars if i do not want to be part of a club ?
i created a private one but my exp level does not move, even after having won a multiplayer race yesterday. :cry:

Ignore the above, the BAV Mono has fixed it for me.

I had the same Problems with the legendary trophy , then I got the Zonda and it was a breeze.
And I`m also bad at drifting , I think I have all the stars now except the higher drifting ones. When I try to improve my racing I can see my times get better, with drifting I just get random results. :-?

how am i supposed to unlock club exp cars if i do not want to be part of a club ?
i created a private one but my exp level does not move, even after having won a multiplayer race yesterday. :cry:

Your club has to be active (two members) for it to level up etc.

I still couldn't connect earlier so I don't share you optimism

Connection is pretty consistent for me now. Note that I don't get a connection always at startup - it can take a few seconds while I'm in the game before I get the connected status.

Anyway, there are still some things that aren't working for me:

- in game friendslist face-offs ... haven't seen one of those yet ever. No ghosts yet either.
- in game challenges. I think those are still off for everyone
- new times I set don't always show up immediately

If I had any qualm with this, then I do wish the game did more offline. I think relying on online connections is just not smart. Cache some of this stuff offline.

- in game friendslist face-offs ... haven't seen one of those yet ever. No ghosts yet either.
These worked for me several times. And they are not about friends, but any random players. Probably ones who have a bit better results than you.
- in game challenges. I think those are still off for everyone
Yeah never worked.
- new times I set don't always show up immediately
Faced this too yesterday. Somewhy it doesn't even show progress over my own past laps. Like +0.512 or -2.414. Even if I'm connected to servers.

Though it seems that my record lap got into leader boards later.

I think new times problem and faceoffs are related to each other and if work - work both.

Don't think so. I think they really disabled the challenges, but the time registration happens, but processing the times has some kind of queue. I think partly to weed out invalid times and such or deal with server load.

Did a fair bit of racing again today, showing this also to a sim racing loving friend. He wanted to drive with the analog sticks, but I made him drive with the wheel and he won his first race no problem, and never went back. Then I did some hotlapping with some of his favorite cars, and for the first time challenges in the form of ghosts from random people and from my friends list showed up. This happened a few more times tonight, once it caused the game to crash, and once the game picked phil's hotlap among a few others to show as ghost and to match my sector times against. I did a nice lap there and saved the replay, will post it sometime later.

Then I went on to try and complete the Legend trophy, and that's done now. Thankfully it was a lot easier than the rest of the races before. :D I think I have about 176 stars out of the 225 available, so a long way from getting all, and not sure if I'll even try because I just don't want to spend that much time with the drift events. ;)

Great game, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes good racing, rally or sim-style hotlapping. And a must for trying the gyro steering. I completed the game with the gyro-steering, which should say enough in itself. ;) Will try to take a short break from the game now and focus on the website.

This was a day one purchase for me, but the lack of wheel support has really put me off.

But I know you're a sim guy like me Arwin, and you seem happy with the gyro steering. I still think I'll miss FF steering though.

Destiny is taking up all of my gaming time, but I will definitely pick this up at some point. Maybe when weather gets patched in.

Back