DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Why do always GIFs look better than the actual videos??? I never Understood the mind trickery!!!!

GIFs (gaming wise) tend to focus on a particular scene/segment/character/etc... giving the viewer a more intimate perspective within a limited scope. In other words; videos can encompass the whole cookie, but GIFs can focus on the delicious chocolate chips. Yes, I'm baking cookies now... :drool: :p

GIFs (gaming wise) tend to focus on a particular scene/segment/character/etc... giving the viewer a more intimate perspective within a limited scope. In other words; videos can encompass the whole cookie, but GIFs can focus on the delicious chocolate chips. Yes, I'm baking cookies now... :drool: :p

I edited a footage to a few seconds. It doesnt make the same impression. The same thing with funny gifs that look funnier than movie files of the same footage and length. Also.....gimmie a cookie!!!

This is certainly above Project Cars in sheer visuals. But they are different games. PCars is a sim made for 64 cars on track where as DC is made for 12 cars on track. Both look nice, but in pure graphics tech, DriveClub takes the cake.

23w439v.jpg

but it looks bad even for ps360 level

Well to be fair you picked the worst part. If you look at the video it's actually pretty close to the real life comparison on the side. The biggest difference between this and the driveclub gif is that DC is not on a circuit so you have the much nicer looking environment to impress you. Even if pcars had the best graphics ever, the environment around a race track is usually going to look pretty boring and unimpressive.

The biggest difference between this and the driveclub gif is that DC is not on a circuit so you have the much nicer looking environment to impress you. Even if pcars had the best graphics ever, the environment around a race track is usually going to look pretty boring and unimpressive.
thats a first, most ppl always argue the opposite. i.e. limited area (car/sport/fighting etc game) more impressive vs a wide open game
but anyways I googled some pics it doesnt look to bad in those, though perhaps they were bullshots
I was talking about the video it looked downright ugly, the lowres textures (eg the texture on that enbankment looks like quake 1 or perhaps quake 2), the 2d billboarded trees, the bad reflections, the flat lighting, those cones are like the vlc icon etc. the only thing that looked decent in the vid were the road textures

track detail is unprecedented, at last we have great looking trees, and lots of them, dense vegetation adds a lot to the sense of speed.
and it's rare for a racing game to still look good in gameplay screens, GT and forza games always look a bit sh!tty in gameplay stills.

New time trial hotlap vid, recorded using share button from the Drive Club closed beta that is currently running in the wild. Game looks stunning, with great sense of speed [nice FOV and just the right amount of blur that makes the game look like it is running at 30 bullshots per second] :)

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ph03CRqS!AYOHo4APW5m76IxBXfSEy8eynFiheiUD7eoQzePQfNc

I still cannot overstate how good the the dense presence of 3D trees makes the game look.

They need to release the proper direct feed of that video, right now i'm reserving my judgement, but I feel like I've been fooled with the free roam earlier marketing footage in particular some of the weather captures.

I'm not going to lie, watching that video put DC back down into reality for me. The strengths of DC are still evident, but after watching (what I assume is game play footage on a PS4 and not the SDK) a couple times I no longer feel it's untouchable.

Back