DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly a very visually impressive game in the trailer, but my immersion was broken by the cars bouncing off the sides of the track with not even cosmetic damage or a loss of momentum.

They showed some gameplay during the press conference. At the end of it, they froze the game and went to free roam mode. Walked around the cars, showed the weather effects, track detail... then went straight up above the clouds to show that it's all rendered in real-time.

My internet is acting up and yt videos won't load, but I think this is it.

This game has to have the most tech going on in a racer. IIRC, it has real time GI, volumetric clouds, light dffusion, physically based shading, screen space reflections through out. Cars on track made upwards of 260,000 polygons. Dynamic weather where rain looks real, affects driving, fills up puddles in real time, and rain drops on the cars actually move back to the force of the cars movement. Then snow melts in real time when the sun shines on it.

The detail is far in excess of what I thought a car game would ever be. At least for a long time.

Evo has read my mind this gen, full 1080p with maximum amount of uber graphics and fancy techs all locked at 30fps for retina torching visual impact. For a title to show off the PS4's graphics and my setup, I couldn't ask for more. I also can't wait to see what they can do with a new Motor Storm using some of the gpgpu power.
WowzerClub is wow.
ibnaEcz7viI6MU.gif

Why do always GIFs look better than the actual videos??? I never Understood the mind trickery!!!!

Why do always GIFs look better than the actual videos??? I never Understood the mind trickery!!!!

Developers should switch to use GIF instead of whatever they are using now, the games would automatically get much better..... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back