DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Some people have lost their minds over at a certain forum... lots of salt and crow being eaten. :LOL:

The game is just a gorgeous game, and Evolution studio should be congratulated on getting great results so far. :smile:

Rushy also noted that this video was made right after E3 and that they have improved the AA for the power lines after the video was made, and it's 'much better' in the latest build. The power lines were the only things that were a bit distracting, and it's only because everything else looks nearly perfect.

Some people have lost their minds over at a certain forum... lots of salt and crow being eaten. :LOL:

The game is just a gorgeous game, and Evolution studio should be congratulated on getting great results so far. :smile:

I think there's a lot of exaggeration on both sides ... I mean, these guys also made this:

(one of my favorites, with all the lovely trees)

All these tracks (and many more) playable at four different times of day. Looks almost next-gen even now.

And of course, talking about weather,

Will take a while before DriveClub pushes beyond that in my (relative) experience. ;)

Should they be able to pull off HD versions of this, by the way (and for Apocalypse that's barely higher than the game was already running :D), I'd instant-rebuy.

^^ A remastered MotorStorm series package would be nice…:smile: but a fully rebuilt MotorStorm on the DriveClub engine would be even better. :oops:

Would die for a brand new Motorstorm! Just imagine the crazy gpu particle effects they would create and the lush exotic locales.

Imagine how a new Motorstorm would look like. In MS there are tighter tracks and they can cut back on all the detailed Simulation stuff. Instead throw everything at crazy damage, volumetric Tornados, explosions, particles and other fx.

The tracks in MS were pretty much the opposite of tight actually. Certainly an awful lot wider than the race tracks in Driveclub appear to be.

The tracks in MS were pretty much the opposite of tight actually. Certainly an awful lot wider than the race tracks in Driveclub appear to be.

And thats what I really liked in Pacific Rift. Usually people who play it first time are "oh where I should be driving?" and then after a while "I DRIVE WHERE EVER I WANT!" :D

Comment from the game director: "Rain kick-up particles are still WIP as is everything else with weather. Hopefully we’ll continue to make further improvements."

:)

It's called altruism :eek:

"... and ultragpu died for our sins. And after three days SlimJim and Martha went to the tomb of Evolution Studios to look for their Lord Motorstorm, and when they rolled away the stone Motorstorm could not be found... because he had risen from the dead." - Prophecy 5:24

Comment from the game director: "Rain kick-up particles are still WIP as is everything else with weather. Hopefully we’ll continue to make further improvements."

:)
That's good and all but I just hope it wont take too long to release, they need to ride the initial hype momentum and blast our retinas while it's hot. It better be uploaded within a month Evo.

Back