DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

I’d also like to confirm that the PS Plus Edition of the game will be available on the same day as the full release. Offering a selection of cars and tracks from the complete version, we think it’s the perfect way for those new to the genre to get an idea of what the full DRIVECLUB experience is all about. Look out for more details on the PS Plus Edition very soon.
That settles it.

A lot of people get confused when comparing games to NFS series. NFS Shift 1 and 2 which are TRACK based SEMI SIM had great handling like the Grid games. Open country Fast and Furious type games like NFS Rivals, Forza Horizon etc are kinda lame regardless if they run at 60fps.

The question is what type of game is DC? ;)

From what I've seen so far it looks to be closer to the Fast and Furious type of driving games.:oops:

From what I have watched from the many months old Driveclub videos, yes.

But I suspect 11 months of delay were not needed just to improve social menus but also (mainly?) the handling of the cars. Apparently the director plays (or has played) others driving games in his rare playtime, like Forza 5 so if we connect the dots...

You don't need to preach this to me, for the most part I'm happy with dazzlingly good-looking racers at 30fps. It's just the crazy fast racers like Wipeout where I would demand 60fps because your progress down the tracks simply too great for anything less.

Sorry, i wasn't really talking to you as much as going on a semi rant. I just don't understand the thought process

Eurogamer are reporting that Sony have confirmed there is still a 'free' PlayStation Plus version?

Does not compute.

Motorstorm.

They could have made the same game with all the new next gen features (online thing)...but in the Motorstorm universe...now they have a standard looking game with standard cars, going for the realism route with the visuals: they have to compete with GT on the same platform, Project Cars is supposed to be 1080p/60Hz...people are already discussing 30/60 Hz. Furthermore, it seems to me that it takes much more effort from the art team (=costs more, takes more time, eats more rendering capacity) to recreate real cars compared to fantasy MS vehicles.

I just can't understand this decision to be honest. It seems quite a failure to me.

But I will judge after playing it for myself, as I am a big MS fan (especially the gameplay), I hope that Evolution delivers as I don't care much for the visuals but the frantic gameplay they invented with MS.

i've gotta agree with billy. They should have stuck with making a motorstorm type game that lived up to the 2005 PS3 trailer for the first game. Now they are unnecessarily forced into a position to compete with car racers like GT, Forza, Project cars and the like

Already loved the graphics of this game when it was unveiled at PS 4 (or Xbox One announcement if i'm not mistaken). Hopefully, it brings something new and fresh to the simulation racing game than just awesome graphics and stunning visual effects.

Stunning HQ trailer is released
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xycb278ufc8u1du/DC_REANNOUNCE_GM_102_E_1080HQ.rar

I really cant spot any IQ problems, except some shimmer with distant fog in the 1st shot of the trailer.
Yeah, other than the minor shimmer, it looks amazing. The lighting is very good. The shaders on the cars has been significantly improved from the old footage. Cars actually look like metal and not plastic, which a lot of games seem to fail at.

I remember Pacific Rim has a free camera mode in game where you can pause any time in a race and take screenies, if Evo can improve on that with something akin to Second Son's photomode then it would be more than awesome. The sheer beauty and detail of this game must be served to 100% justice.

Given the response they saw from InFamous: Second Son, all the first parties should be scrambling to add photo modes to their games.

Game Director of DriveClub has re-confirmed that users of PS+ edition will be enable to collect all trophies, including platinum.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110207407&postcount=1428

Are people using that as an indicator on the amount of content in the game, or just happy that they can get more trophies as part of their PS+ subscription? Based on what I read it seems there is quite a bit more content in the full game compared to the PS+ version.

I saw the HQ trailer and I simply cant imagine how can ES make this game a 60fps while retaining the huge scale, detail, real time lighting and shadows and weather simulation. Its crazy.

Stunning HQ trailer is released
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xycb278ufc8u1du/DC_REANNOUNCE_GM_102_E_1080HQ.rar

I really cant spot any IQ problems, except some shimmer with distant fog in the 1st shot of the trailer.

The image quality shown in this HQ-ish trailer is really impressive. The improvement from the old HQ video is very noticeable to my eyes (not talking about the more recent but short and low res animated gifs) .

In one old HQ video we could easily see some ugly post AA remains on the back of the Audi. Now it's almost perfect. And the "shimmer" on the distant fog at 2 occasions is just a dithering effect.

BTW gamersyde is now hosting this ~HQ trailer.

Back