DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Took some VLC snaps from that trailer :

qc5r.png

v7es.png

Absolutely : Must Buy !

hopefully driveclub 2, a 3rd or 4th gen PS4 games can deliver a 60 fps sequel.

this is a direct feed screenshot of an 8th gen racing game that is often praised for it's 1920*1080 resolution and 60 fps framerate, illustrating car shader, lighting and car detail.

I don;t think you understand the sacrifice of 60fps. Making a 60fps Driveclub is the easiest thing in the world: bake the lighting, remove/ reduce the AA, remove/reduce world detail, remove realtime reflections, remove the complex motion blur and just add a screen edge blur, bake all world shadows, reduce shadow detail, remove cockpit detail while in outside car camera view and there you have it, 60fps driveclub.
I am pretty sure they could do that in a week if they wanted to.

ao067c8i.png

I don;t think you understand the sacrifice of 60fps. Making a 60fps Driveclub is the easiest thing in the world: bake the lighting, remove/ reduce the AA, remove/reduce world detail, remove realtime reflections, remove the complex motion blur and just add a screen edge blur, bake all world shadows, reduce shadow detail, remove cockpit detail while in outside car camera view and there you have it, 60fps driveclub.

ao067c8i.png

Depends why they are at 30fps.
If it's the graphics reducing the framerate sure they "just" have to scale the assets back.
If they have a CPU time issue, then scaling back won't help them.
My experience suggests when you make the decision to goto 30fps, you use whatever remaining resources exist on both.

Man the footage looked spectacular. Killzone also looked a lot better than I thought in that footage. I want both games now.

Would you accept 60fps... if it meant having the same image quality as Forza 5? So lighting and everything stays, but the image quality drops..
60 fps guys, yes or no?
Firstly; 60fps(locked) or nothing, can't stand 30fps in fast paced titles.

Secondly; It would not look like forza 5 due to the vastly superior GPU and GDDR5.

After watching that trailer i feel that they have chosen 30fps over 60fps, i can only hope that is not the case.

this is a direct feed screenshot of an 8th gen racing game that is often praised for it's 1920*1080 resolution and 60 fps framerate, illustrating car shader, lighting and car detail.

ao067c8i.png
What game is that image from

ao067c8i.png
I'm sure they could leave in the reflections. Forza 5 has them from what I've seen.

Does anyone know why the interior starts to blur towards the end of this gif? Some kind of effect to simulate speed or something?
To focus on the 4 in the advert.

Does anyone know why the interior starts to blur towards the end of this gif? Some kind of effect to simulate speed or something?

Probably nfs shift does the same thing

Edit: just realised driveclub dev is owned by Martin Kenwright he is a god to hardcore flight simmers (top dude at Digital image Design TFX, EF200, F22 total AirWar)

DC is like 1st gen PS4 game man, it doesn't mean the engine won't get optimized to render things quicker. Look at Forza 2 compare to Forza 4. Same frame rate but details, and everything else looks significantly improved.

I don't care much for the PC term being used, it's not that i find it offensive(atheist) it's that i find the need to pass whatever is said through a PC filter unneeded and annoying.

Concerning the shot itself, it's definitely in game but it is not actual gameplay footage.

Evolution needs to learn lighting from Polyphony Digital. GT6 lighting is Godly ! Technically this lighting is better but GT6 looks photoreal, thsimlooks like a game.

Still, cn't wait to try it out in april, I am sure it will manage to blow me away

Evolution needs to learn lighting from Polyphony Digital. GT6 lighting is Godly ! Technically this lighting is better but GT6 looks photoreal, thsimlooks like a game.

Still, cn't wait to try it out in april, I am sure it will manage to blow me away
I have to disagree. I think Evolution nailed the lighting in the latest videos. Matter of fact, I'd be more than happy with DC's visuals at 60fps with GT's physics.

Back