Monitoring in real time my pets through camera

Nesh

Double Agent
Legend
Hello guys

I seriously need your held.
My neighbors are terrible women. The kind of old uneducated animal hating type.
They have threatened me and my mother that they were going to kill my cats and said I wont have proof. They hate animals.
One of my kittens was found injured and died. One disappeared. Another disappeared recently. One was lost for a week and when it appeared it was terribly injured.
I need the following

1) A small wireless camera I can hang on my cats to monitor at any time

2) some kind of tracking device I can have on them to spot their whereabouts

Can anyone help? This is the only way I can get them caught in the act in case another one is lost.

I cant stand this. I cant stand watching their faces. They are the kind of hateful faces you just want to punch until you leave an amorphous mass. :mad:

Hello guys

I seriously need your held.
My neighbors are terrible women. The kind of old uneducated animal hating type.
They have threatened me and my mother that they were going to kill my cats and said I wont have proof. They hate animals.
One of my kittens was found injured and died. One disappeared. Another disappeared recently. One was lost for a week and when it appeared it was terribly injured.
I need the following

1) A small wireless camera I can hang on my cats to monitor at any time

2) some kind of tracking device I can have on them to spot their whereabouts

Can anyone help? This is the only way I can get them caught in the act in case another one is lost.

I cant stand this. I cant stand watching their faces. They are the kind of hateful faces you just want to punch until you leave an amorphous mass. :mad:

Punch them is the face...seriously. Whoever hurts my dog would probably be killed with my bare hands.

Why don't you go to the police?

Here, a cat is a property of yours. If someone 'damages'
it, he has to pay. Happened to a friend of mine, whose cat was deadly bitten by a dog...the the guys with the dog has to pay now.

So, just go to the police, they even openly said it to you that they will injure your pets...and the pets got injured...so police should do something: if someone says I am going to damage your car, and the car is damaged...you sure can go to the police with this.

As a cat owner, I still respect how annoying cats can be to neighbours. I would rather work together with the neighbour to find a solution to the problem. That's not to say your neighbours are nice people - normally they would approach the situation in a more adult way, and discuss this with owners. We're in the middle of such a discussion now, which is helpful, because now I know which of our three cats is the culprit, and the complainer (some 10 houses further along) knows that one of the two cats that's bothering him isn't ours (and also that ours was neutered at a young age to prevent his urine from smelling bad and being a bit less of a nuisance in general ;) ). If you have a nice garden it's still annoying when cat urine kills one of your plants and your garden is one big litterbox though.

How were they injured though? Could give you a clue (a dog is certainly also still a likely candidate). There are indeed cameras now that you can hang around the neck of a kitten. I read about it being a common thing to start using in the UK, also to monitor how many birds a cat kills (some kill one or two each day, but my cats always have food available, and that helps a lot - they rarely kill anything, though very occusionally they catch one and just play).

Sad to hear that you and your cats are having trouble with your neighbor.

The was a DIY project a bunch of years ago where a guy equipped his cat, Mr Lee, with a digital camera.

He is now selling cameras and tracking devices at
http://www.mr-lee-catcam.de/

But i'm sure there are others as well.

If you value your cats at all, keep them indoors for grud's sakes. Cats can get hurt by any number of things, such as climb up in high places and fall and injure themselves or die, cut themselves on metal or glass shrapnel, eat bad things like food laced with rat poison, get hit or run over by cars, attacked by other cats, attacked by mentally disturbed people, attacked by dogs, attacked by wolves, attacked by eagles, and so on. Ok, maybe not those last two, at least if you live in a city (but watch out for the cat-eating dragons, I emplore you!) They could also sneak into someone else's home they've taken a liking to (because they find food for example) and get mistaken for a stray (or simply stolen) never to be seen again by you. Cats aren't always terribly loyal, unfortunately for us humans...

Cats, contrary to popular belief, are not harmed in any way by being kept in homes. In fact they're much less likely to get hurt, sick or die if kept in a loving nurturing home. Especially with sociopathic, cat-hating neighbors running about outside.

I can't fathom why you'd want your kitties exposed to such an environment!

*shrug* Our cats are mostly happy indoors. One we keep indoors because if we didn't, the fucker'd get himself killed. He's stupid like that. We figure better less than optimal happiness(Though he's not miserable by ANY means. He's loved and cared for and enjoys the affection) than being in the cold, hard fucking ground.

I find shocking that cats are to be confined indoor. This was a point of disagreement when I lived in a shared house. The two kittens just never went outside at all, so they were unprepared. To think that they will never smell the environment, shit outside, play with insects and run after small animals to kill them makes me sad.

One winter night one kitten was stuck outside and distressed, we've never seen it again except sighting it many monthes later. It did end up in another home.

One of my mother's cats (they were three females) lived for about one month in the wild when moving house to an isolated area (this is a major distressing event, we would introduce them one at a time and they would run away)

To think that they will never smell the environment, shit outside, play with insects and run after small animals to kill them makes me sad.
Cat shit in kids' sandboxes is such an awesome thing, yeah! Let your cats run rampant, show those fucking kids they can't be safe anywhere, not even in their own sandbox! Also, pet cats around the world kill literally hundreds of millions, if not BILLIONS of small animals every year, it's reached a point where it impacts populations of certain bird species and so on.

One winter night one kitten was stuck outside and distressed
Yeah, let your kitty freeze to death, exposed to the elements... What a great guy you are!

Sending cats out in sub-zero temps = animal abuse.

Are your cats entering her property ?

In my country cats walking around is something very common. I didnt buy the cats. I take care of them. So they are kind of adopted if you want. They arent house cats and I cant keep them inside a closed space. Just to get an idea even during winter I was trying to keep one of the cats inside and it insisted to get out while it was raining. I opened the door and it walked outside in the rain and hid somewhere. Yes they are that kind of strange cats. So they are outdoor cats.
Even if I didnt take care of them they would be wondering around like many other cats in the neighborhood.
So it was absurd to threaten me for those cats and its inhuman to kill any cat.
As a cat owner, I still respect how annoying cats can be to neighbours. I would rather work together with the neighbour to find a solution to the problem. That's not to say your neighbours are nice people - normally they would approach the situation in a more adult way, and discuss this with owners. We're in the middle of such a discussion now, which is helpful, because now I know which of our three cats is the culprit, and the complainer (some 10 houses further along) knows that one of the two cats that's bothering him isn't ours (and also that ours was neutered at a young age to prevent his urine from smelling bad and being a bit less of a nuisance in general ;) ). If you have a nice garden it's still annoying when cat urine kills one of your plants and your garden is one big litterbox though.
They were outright impolite. They even said that animals are made only for the knife and to be kicked.
I searched the internet and found that cats dont like citrus and dont go to flowrpots if you have branches with horns. So I cut off some branches from my roses and took some lemon peals and put them in her flowerpots.
She still insists that my cat goes there. But I have never seen my cat do anything like it in my place. I have flowepots too and a litter. They dont poop at places they shouldnt have
I even have a cat litter in my backyard so they would use that. But I think they are lying. First of all my cat they claim supposedly goes there is scared the shit out of them. And the other cats are also scared and they would go there only by "accident" rather to poop or do anything.

How were they injured though? Could give you a clue (a dog is certainly also still a likely candidate). There are indeed cameras now that you can hang around the neck of a kitten. I read about it being a common thing to start using in the UK, also to monitor how many birds a cat kills (some kill one or two each day, but my cats always have food available, and that helps a lot - they rarely kill anything, though very occusionally they catch one and just play).
2 of the little kittens simply disappeared. One disappeared right after they threatened me. The other disappeared recently, They were both sterilized. They never left the area to go far away.
One of my kittens that was found injured (it was probably 2 months old back then) and died had the following injuries:
It had internal bleeding, it couldnt breathe well because its diaphragm was damaged, and it was also injured on the head according to the vet because its eyes werent responding to the light
The other cat that came injured and was the one they complained specifically (but threatened to kill everyone anyways) had an injury on its back leg and couldnt walk, and in some other places of its body. I took it to the vet and he said that something or someone have hit it with force.
It was in a very bad shape and missing for days. It could barely walk and its eyes were swollen and dirty from dried liquid coming out of them, usually the sign of extreme pain. When I touched it on the back or on the side it was in pain. It must have hid somewhere like they usually do when they are very very injured. Thats why it was missing
It also had diarrhea for a week or more because it was too weak and dehydrated.

Cat shit in kids' sandboxes is such an awesome thing, yeah! Let your cats run rampant, show those fucking kids they can't be safe anywhere, not even in their own sandbox! Also, pet cats around the world kill literally hundreds of millions, if not BILLIONS of small animals every year, it's reached a point where it impacts populations of certain bird species and so on.
I have never killed an animal no matter the damage it may have caused to my place. Its not their fault, Its how these animals were evolved to behave

Yeah, let your kitty freeze to death, exposed to the elements... What a great guy you are!

It depends on the situation. Some cats are depressed when constantly indoors. They need to get out. Like humans they need to go to places. Its good to let them go outside for a bit if you can

Apologise to your neighbors for keeping cats, say it was a bad idea; tell them when the last of your pets passes on you have decided to replace them with Bull Mastiffs (or maybe substitute start a skunk farm) and possibly your remaining pets will have much longer, safer lives.

You could possibly report them to animal cruelty officers - if a direct threat was made.

As much as I feel guilty keeping my cat indoors, there's an entire world she's missing out on, reading situations like this, and ones I've experienced personally from previous cats that were outdoor cats, only helps me justify having her remain indoors. The idea of my cat being injured by other animals, vehicles, or genuinely shitty individuals is bothersome. And frankly, these people sound like complete shit bags, who deserve to be hospitalized with their fucking hands broken. When I adopted my cat, the shelter I got her from had some sort of tracking chip surgically installed in her, while she was a kitten. I'm not sure what the rules are for adult cats, or what your level of acceptance of that sort of thing is, but it would probably help me sleep better, provided she were an outdoor cat. I usually draw the line at everything aside from getting a cat fixed. I've never had one declawed. The concept is barbaric to me.

Honestly, keeping them indoors is letting these assholes win. Especially, if allowing them outdoors is a concept you're adamant about with cat ownership. I'd get the authorities involved, you certainly have a case considering they've openly threatened you. Your cats being outdoors, or the possibility of them being within the same radius as these people, isn't a crime. Threading to do harm is. And when they coincidentally wind up dead or injured, you have a pretty compelling case.

I don't even know these people and I want them thrown away.

Last edited by a moderator:

We now have 7 cats (no mice problems anymore) as well as 15 dogs at the family ranch. My Aunt can't help rescuing animals from the local animal shelter.

Every one of those cats goes out voluntarily during the winter and some of them refuse to enter the house during the winter (or any part of the year). The main ranch house has an animal door in the back door that is never locked. And winters can definitely hit sub zero temperatures here.

Cats are a lot hardier than you give them credit for. Although they don't do well against coyotes. We've lost 1 cat to coyotes. The rest have been smart enough to stay away from them.

Regards,
SB

I don't even know these people and I want them thrown away.

I'm deathly allergic to cats and pretty much hate them with a passion. I have since I was a young boy. But that said, I simply do not understand how any human being can go out of their way to harm an animal. Particularly domesticated ones.

I'm deathly allergic to cats and pretty much hate them with a passion. I have since I was a young boy. But that said, I simply do not understand how any human being can go out of their way to harm an animal. Particularly domesticated ones.

I am allergic, I also don't particularly like them. My street is over run with cats pooping peeing and leaving dead animals around. Really though I don't mind it so much, but it annoys me that people have such a double standard and I have to cover my child's sand box to keep them out. Still I too would not do anything to hurt them. However I don't mind people harming animals as long as they are planning to eat them. I just don't like people torturing them or hurting them for fun. I assume that is what you meant by harm :)

Back