Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end, it is good for all, I'm tired of pirates playing games months before launch.

I'm thrilled that pirates won't deny me games anymore. I've been so sick and tired of millions playing games for free and limiting what money and risk developers are willing to take to make games for paying consumers like myself. I really hope Microsoft can shut down pirates for good.

Huh, I wonder why the Playstation is not allowed? Due to the "Sony Random" issue? Or some other consideration? That sounds very bizarre.

No, reading elsewhere the situation is simply that you aren't to plug any game console into a military network...

It's a clever PR non-answer to the question:
- if you can't plug the PS4 into the internet, then you can't access the internet via the PS4.
- if you can't plug the XB1 into the internet, then you can't access the XB1 (mostly).

No, reading elsewhere the situation is simply that you aren't to plug any game console into a military network...

It's a clever PR non-answer to the question:
- if you can't plug the PS4 into the internet, then you can't access the internet via the PS4.
- if you can't plug the XB1 into the internet, then you can't access the XB1 (mostly).

As I said before I think the number of offline games is going to be greatly reduced this generation on both platforms.

Actually I misunderstood, own devices aren't allowed at all on the DoD nets if I look at the comments ... all network connections they use for leisure are from private ISPs. In that case I don't understand the point he is trying to make at all.

Actually I misunderstood, own devices aren't allowed at all on the DoD nets if I look at the comments ... all network connections they use for leisure are from private ISPs. In that case I don't understand the point he is trying to make at all.

It's called chicanery.

As I said before I think the number of offline games is going to be greatly reduced this generation on both platforms.

More accurately, the number of games that are gimped even in "single player" by you not being online will dramatically rise. The MMO mentality is going to come to everything: shooters, platformers, racing games, etc... Not being online is going to give you an effectively broken game.

The worst offender on the 360 were people who played genuine copies before the official launch of the game because some stores sold them a few days earlier. These people were banned for doing nothing bad. They were excited gamers eager to play their game. And they were penalized. It was exciting for some gamers that they could get their games (genuine copies) sooner

Actually that IS bad...think about it...

*hint* online multiplayer games with character leveling, weapons leveling etc...;)

Having a head start is called cheating in many sports...

"Cheating" is breaking the rules. If the rules of the game allow for advantages to certain players, that's not cheating. Especially if any competitor is able to gain access to that same advantage (anyone can buy the game day one and level, for example, even if that means taking annual leave and ignoring one's family to get up to the speed with the kids on holiday).

"Cheating" is breaking the rules. If the rules of the game allow for advantages to certain players, that's not cheating. Especially if any competitor is able to gain access to that same advantage (anyone can buy the game day one and level, for example, even if that means taking annual leave and ignoring one's family to get up to the speed with the kids on holiday).

:LOL:
I don't know if the fact that this is true makes it more or less hysterical.

According to Major Nelson it looks like the next free game in the "Games with Gold" program is...

Yeah, MS keeps making missteps. Everybody thought Halo 3 & Assassin's Creed 2 were next, but if you go back to what was actually said at the E3 event you'll see that they meant that those games will be "just 2 of the titles we're going to offer over the next few months". So they didn't really say they would be the ones available in July, but everybody assumed that(including myself) & now a lot of people are giving them flack because it's a low quality title compared to the Fable 3, Halo 3 & Assassin's Creed 2 that were announced. I would somewhat agree that MS did set this up for people to be disappointed. They did let the reports of the program get misconstrued & did nothing to clarify that Halo 3 & Assassin's Creed were not necessarily releasing in July. Everybody is expecting this program to compare with the PS+ subscription & are expecting free AAA games. Now that they aren't getting those, MS is getting ripped to shreds. Let's hope they pick some better titles going forward or this isn't going to end well at all.

Tommy McClain

Well, they probably shouldn't have announced that they were "kicking off the program" with Halo 3 and AC2.

According to Major Nelson it looks like the next free game in the "Games with Gold" program is...

Yeah, MS keeps making missteps. Everybody thought Halo 3 & Assassin's Creed 2 were next, but if you go back to what was actually said at the E3 event you'll see that they meant that those games will be "just 2 of the titles we're going to offer over the next few months". So they didn't really say they would be the ones available in July, but everybody assumed that(including myself) & now a lot of people are giving them flack because it's a low quality title compared to the Fable 3, Halo 3 & Assassin's Creed 2 that were announced. I would somewhat agree that MS did set this up for people to be disappointed. They did let the reports of the program get misconstrued & did nothing to clarify that Halo 3 & Assassin's Creed were not necessarily releasing in July. Everybody is expecting this program to compare with the PS+ subscription & are expecting free AAA games. Now that they aren't getting those, MS is getting ripped to shreds. Let's hope they pick some better titles going forward or this isn't going to end well at all.

Tommy McClain

Huh? wasn't Fable 3 available for weeks? I distinctly remember Major Nelson telling people to download it before it's gone a couple weeks ago.

You used to not get free games, now you do, no matter how crappy you think the first one is, what's the solution? Moan and complain about your new free stuff of course!

Tommy McClain

Hm, sometimes I wonder if it is better for me that they make no-name games for free. Why? Because I have Halo 3, Fable 3 (not interested in AC2). So I do not care if those get free...Defense Grid is not my game, but I would still prefer games that are say AA games as it is much more likely that I didn't have them already.

During E3 there was the "everyone has already played those games..." reaction from some/many and now that they aren't here the reaction is "where are they!"

With that said, I thought they would have a much higher profile game than what is currently on offer but maybe that collided with their upcoming Ultimate Game Sale. Maybe the plan is one Arcade title and one Games on Demand title each month but whatever it is they certainly need to start getting out in front of things like this.

I'm one of those who commented that giving away the most popular titles benefits the least people. What MS needs to do is give away fabulous games that everybody wanted but nobody bought - then they'd be really popular. :yep2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back